JayEmms latest speculation

Agreed … there will be a lot of first edition manuals out there and readily available .. I’m new to the lotus world but if you search for auto evora I see the premium they hold and how strong there residual is and also the limited amount of them . Very pleased I specked the auto even if it has got a rubbish auto box !
Can’t wait to get it now !
I can’t wait for your review because I’m very interested in the auto V6 v I4 comparison. The 6 does sound GREAT
If the 6 had a ZF that’s what I’d buy.

I can’t wait for your review because I’m very interested in the auto V6 v I4 comparison. The 6 does sound GREAT
If the 6 had a ZF that’s what I’d buy.
I will give a 100% honest review … My last 2 cars where both amg first one being the non s C63 AMG and then after that I had a new 2019 C63S AMG . So will be very interesting to see the difference .
I actually think even if the I4 was available at the same time I still would of gone v6 auto just because the sound I believe will be better stock than the I4 I know what we can do to the sound on the i4 and also know the tuning out put that will be achieved by the I4 but I don’t honestly think I will need more than 400bhp for the roads and how I drive (which is daily and very hard) I got my c63s with only 210 miles on the clock and then done 13k miles in 10 months , when it went in for its first service it needed disks and pads all round and I done 2 sets of tyres so you know my driving style lol.
Was a lot of fun so let’s see if the emira holds up on the B roads in the uk which I’m confident it will. Should be fun . I also can’t wait to catch up with fellow manual v6 , auto v6 and i4 drivers for a decent drive out in the coming months 👌🏽
Boooy will we turn some heads 👌🏽

Interesting video. The i4 may wind up being produced in greater numbers than the V6 because of the now short window of opportunity to be able to sell the 6, but overall the V6 has 3 very attractive things going for it. One, sound. For people who like to drive sports cars, sound is important and the V6 has it. Two, the manual trans. For purists, combine great sound with a manual trans in a sports car, and that's a winning combination. Last but not least, number 3 is maintenance costs. Compared to the maintenance costs of those other cars he mentioned, the V6 Emira is an absolute bargain in that regard. Toyota reliability with Toyota maintenance costs.

Another factor is the cost of the car itself; especially compared to those others he was talking about. The Emira has the looks to compete with cars costing 3 or 4 times as much, but without the high maintenance or ownership costs.

What's going to have a great impact on the value perception of the Emira is how well Lotus supports it. If they can get mobile service vans in place to provide reasonable service for Emira owners, that will go a long way towards adding to the value proposition. If the support isn't there, or it isn't good, that's going to hurt them.
I mentioned the mobile servicing to Lotus about 5 years ago, and while I agree with you, I am 150% sure that Lotus will not be offering this service any time this decade. Example Spain, home to Fernando Alonso, very popular F1 driver in his hey! hay day and hence a bit of a car culture in Spain, although no, not as much as UK / Italy / Germany. Well, how long did it take Lotus to arrange their Lotus Dealers to sell the Emira, 2 - 3 months? 6 - 12 months? Try it hasnt happened to this day, 18 months; still one dealer for the entire country of 48 million where you can actually buy a car. If any country needs mobile mechanics, it's there...... Not going to happen.
Tesla does this as mentioned yes and I am sure for 75% of stuff its great, but for the other 25% its a royal pain in the xxx as you have to drive the car or have it towed several hundred miles and be without it for several days / dare I say it weeks..... It "would" be good.... but I think you over estimate Lotus's abilities for the next few years.

Just adding context, Porsche sold 28,242 718 Caymans in the US alone between 2016 and 2022 (not counting 2022).
isnt that then 2016 - 2021 haha..
sorry, couldnt resist, I guess you mean 2022 isnt finished yet, although it is as far as my hopes of getting the emira.. haha..
ok, not quite finished my hope, but getting there.

Got any numbers on ferrari? I was going to answer the post last night on emira being "spectacular" and up there with rarity as a ferrari and lambo, but I deleted it..... still, I think the Emira will sell like 35,000 or more over the next 3/4 years, in both guises, and hence I dont think thats so rare... US is porsches biggest market, China these days up there, then Germany and the UK is high up with about 49 dealers or so, which is why we get quite good conditions, better warranties than EU and more things included in list price.

isnt that then 2016 - 2021 haha..
sorry, couldnt resist, I guess you mean 2022 isnt finished yet, although it is as far as my hopes of getting the emira.. haha..
ok, not quite finished my hope, but getting there.

Got any numbers on ferrari? I was going to answer the post last night on emira being "spectacular" and up there with rarity as a ferrari and lambo, but I deleted it..... still, I think the Emira will sell like 35,000 or more over the next 3/4 years, in both guises, and hence I dont think thats so rare... US is porsches biggest market, China these days up there, then Germany and the UK is high up with about 49 dealers or so, which is why we get quite good conditions, better warranties than EU and more things included in list price.

Key word is “between” 2016-2022 rather than “through” 2022 ;)

Ferrari has sold 5,657 Californias since 2008.

I don’t think Emira will reach Cayman numbers. Porsche is too well known, with dealers in too many places, with pop culture status and a reputation for being the best. They draw casuals, and I think that’ll be tough for the Emira to match.

I don’t think Emira will reach Cayman numbers. Porsche is too well known, with dealers in too many places, with pop culture status and a reputation for being the best. They draw casuals, and I think that’ll be tough for the Emira to match.
I agree, the emira will not reach 718 numbers, even though the 718 was not really a sales success for porsche by their standards, it really should outsell the 911 2-1 but it doesnt.

as for the 2016-2022, hmmmm for me it doesnt need the through to make it encompass the year 2022 or what we have had of it.

From the age of 15-18 years I had sex 47 times...(I didnt) for me means just that, from 15 - 18 inclusive.not from 15-17 unless I say through.. but lets not split hairs and feel free to have the final word haha... 😆

Yes, California is not exactly a rare ferrari but still way rarer than the Emira.
Why people compare the Emira to a Ferrari or ASton or Lambo is beyond me. Yes it looks great, but to some people (not me) the Alpine looks great. As soon as you sit in the Emira however, the potential super car feel goes away quite quickly with the not great looking gear knob, the not great AC controls and the poor quality from what I have seen, screens. It is a 60k car..... good for what it is, yes, but not competing with a 200k car in any way.

The Emira doesn't need to sell in Cayman numbers. The product plan is based on 5,000 Emira per year globally, with upside if Lotus can sell up to 15,000 cars, which is the theoretical capacity limit of the production process (they'd need to overcome some intermediate bottlenecks to achieve this).

The worldwide market for £70-100k sportscars is only about 100,000 cars per year across all brands. Lotus taking 5-10,000 of that is plenty and all they are targeting. The large premium EV SUV segment is a bigger market and hence a bigger prize (and bigger challenge).

The Emira doesn't need to sell in Cayman numbers. The product plan is based on 5,000 Emira per year globally, with upside if Lotus can sell up to 15,000 cars, which is the theoretical capacity limit of the production process (they'd need to overcome some intermediate bottlenecks to achieve this).

The worldwide market for £70-100k sportscars is only about 100,000 cars per year across all brands. Lotus taking 5-10,000 of that is plenty and all they are targeting. The large premium EV SUV segment is a bigger market and hence a bigger prize (and bigger challenge).
and bigger car... 5m for the bugger.. haha

Is this something confirmed? Is there a credible source for this? Where can I find it. Thanks
The Toyota V6 won't comply with upcoming European emissions regulations (EU7) coming in 2026. So Lotus won't be able to sell it in UK/EU after that.

In theory they could still sell it in other countries, such as US, provided emissions rules aren't strengthened. But there's the question of whether Lotus would continue selling it if their local markets won't allow it to be sold.

Plus the EV sportscar, Type 135, is due to be launched in 2026 and is intended to be built in the same factory, so Lotus is likely to switch capacity over to building 135 alongside the Emira i4 and stop the V6.

Emira should have targeted Porsche GT4 numbers for the V6 and GTS numbers for the i4. Both in production and performance. It's close, but will fall short of both those metrics unfortunately.

Emira should have targeted Porsche GT4 numbers for the V6 and GTS numbers for the i4. Both in production and performance. It's close, but will fall short of both those metrics unfortunately.
Speed costs money. Now as I review some of these threads, including what’d you buy while we wait, that may not be an issue for some of you. I’m sure a full tuned AMG would cost at least $10k more

Speed costs money. Now as I review some of these threads, including what’d you buy while we wait, that may not be an issue for some of you. I’m sure a full tuned AMG would cost at least $10k more
I think that full tuning of the AMG i4 will turn out as wishful thinking / restricted because the present set up in the Emira is / was already problematic and limited due to limits on heat dissipation

I think that full tuning of the AMG i4 will turn out as wishful thinking / restricted because the present set up in the Emira is / was already problematic and limited due to limits on heat dissipation
Link about heat problem please

Just adding context, Porsche sold 28,242 718 Caymans in the US alone between 2016 and 2022 (not counting 2022).
wtf are you smoking?

how about less than 1000% of that number? where the hell did you get that number?

I assure you that with 12 per dealership per year, and less the past year, that number is not millions. wtf?

That's...........a LOT. Surprised the made so many.

I think my 2020 M2 Competition 6MT is more rare than a Cayman/Cayman S. And the M2 CS is more rare than a Cayman GT4.
it isnt. A few thousand only. I just bought one new. They are very difficult things to get an allocation for. 2-3 every 4-5 months at a dealership available to order. There are not that many porsche dealerships.

wtf are you smoking?

how about less than 1000% of that number? where the hell did you get that number?

I assure you that with 12 per dealership per year, and less the past year, that number is not millions. wtf?
I think you need you eye’s testing😀 1000% of 28242 is only 28.2 cars in six years 😁 I can see what you’ve done though, you’ve added the 718 of the model designation onto the end of the 28242

I think you need you eye’s testing😀 1000% of 28242 is only 28.2 cars in six years 😁 I can see what you’ve done though, you’ve added the 718 of the model designation onto the end of the 28242
yes i did :D
That is correct then, it is about 5000 per year sold in the USA :D

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back