đź““ Journals JClem's Magma V6

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Just in the process of buying an Emira ... any way of checking if there is a problem with wiring hareness?

Just in the process of buying an Emira ... any way of checking if there is a problem with wiring hareness?
Given the location of the terminal for the 2 harnesses you can’t do a visual check without removing body parts. The terminal is located below the HVAC resistor motor just in front of the dash. But there are a few things to ask/check:

- Has the weather shield been installed in the factory before being stored outside?
- Has the HVAC resistor motor been replaced due to water ingress and failure?
- If it has been replaced was the harness terminal checked and has the shield subsequently been installed
- Is the HVAC system functioning properly?
- Are there any electrical gremlins? Mine manifested in the failure of the radiator fan and AC system

Hardly a comprehensive list but things I would ask based on my experience with it. Hopefully newer models don’t have this issue as the shield covering this area will have been installed during manufacture.

In my case the damage had been done before I bought the car, most likely while it was sat outside at Hethel when it was orphaned.

Unfortunately, this may be the end of my short Emira journey.

In total, I have now been without it for 3.5 months with no end in sight. It has been problematic since collection and the replacement of both wiring harnesses has not improved the situation.

Lotus are now giving me the cold shoulder and ignoring my emails. Despite having offered two solutions to resolve this (including one which involved me giving them more money!) I’m left with no other option but to claim a full refund.

I don’t really feel angry anymore just sad and disappointed about losing the summer driving season, those to come, and seeing this stunning car on my drive.

This has been the worst ownership experience I have had with any car and all because of Lotus HQ. Brand loyalty is a two way street and Lotus have not fulfilled their side of that psychological contract. As a result it’s unlikely I’ll ever come back to Lotus.

Fantastic cars, sh!t company.

Unfortunately, this may be the end of my short Emira journey.

In total, I have now been without it for 3.5 months with no end in sight. It has been problematic since collection and the replacement of both wiring harnesses has not improved the situation.

Lotus are now giving me the cold shoulder and ignoring my emails. Despite having offered two solutions to resolve this (including one which involved me giving them more money!) I’m left with no other option but to claim a full refund.

I don’t really feel angry anymore just sad and disappointed about losing the summer driving season, those to come, and seeing this stunning car on my drive.

This has been the worst ownership experience I have had with any car and all because of Lotus HQ. Brand loyalty is a two way street and Lotus have not fulfilled their side of that psychological contract. As a result it’s unlikely I’ll ever come back to Lotus.

Fantastic cars, sh!t company.
This is really poor from Lotus, reading this and other similar experiences makes me question myself. The problem I have is I don’t see an alternative car currently on the market. When you receive your refund would you look at another Emira and hope for a better vehicle or move away from the brand

This is really poor from Lotus, reading this and other similar experiences makes me question myself. The problem I have is I don’t see an alternative car currently on the market. When you receive your refund would you look at another Emira and hope for a better vehicle or move away from the brand
I know what you mean but I’m not sure I can face the possibility of having to deal with Lotus customer care\aftersales again in the future.

I’m in the fortunate position of being able to look at cars in the price bracket above the Emira which does open some possibilities. Whether I look at them the same way is the question.

Hydrodipping done. Looks so much better in the rear view mirror.

I’ll probably hit the magic 1k miles tomorrow going to Newlands Corner and everything about the car gets better.

First off the HVAC system is now functioning perfectly. It’s almost as if it also needed running in!

The KEF system gets better and better. I was playing Ed Sheerans collaboration album today and it sounded great. The bedding in mentioned elsewhere seems to work.

The exhaust note has definitely improved over the last 980 miles.

I do have something not working though. One of the lights at the top of the cup holders isn’t working!!

Loving every second of it.

View attachment 31363
Are you able to say where you got the hydrodipping done please