• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

JUBU Group Buy 15% discount

Are you interested in a group buy and when?

• Total voters
Wait, is JUBU available as an option again? I thought I read earlier this year that they weren't particularly interested in selling to the US market and had refused to quote price and shipping to more than one person.

Is there enough to get started? I only see 9 interested.

Wait, is JUBU available as an option again? I thought I read earlier this year that they weren't particularly interested in selling to the US market and had refused to quote price and shipping to more than one person.
Yeah they are! We just did are first order of 6 people.

Is there enough to get started? I only see 9 interested.
They took 6 of us right now since I showed them more will be coming so if we can get 6 more I sure they will do another discount. Some of those people who voted I couldn’t get in contact with and some people who voted on the soonest wanted it sooner that later as they have track events and other things that they wanted theirs ASAP!

Sorry for the silly question but I’ve never tuned a car. Because JUBU has a standalone ECU, all that is required for us is to swap out the old one and that’s it? Nothing else needed? I saw one of the option was the Bluetooth module app but wasn’t sure what that was for.

A buddy of mine tuned his BMW and my recent trip to the tail of the dragon he was having issues with the tune and was on the phone with tuner LOL. It appears we’d be on our own after install (given JUBU isnt local to many is us) so want to make sure I know what I could potentially getting myself into.

Oh and one more question. With the JUBU standalone ECU, is this tied to the VIN of the car? (Meaning you wouldn’t be able to sell the ECU to someone else if the car is traded in/sold)

I'm really interested to hear impressions on this upgrade. I'm definitely in the market for a 440hp upgrade whether that be from JUBU or a local stateside option. This seems like a safe upgrade with hopefully very noticeable results. I'm looking for better throttle response and low down torque.

Oh and one more question. With the JUBU standalone ECU, is this tied to the VIN of the car? (Meaning you wouldn’t be able to sell the ECU to someone else if the car is traded in/sold)
Yes,
Yes, each of the ECUs is tied to a specific VIN.
Maybe they can recode it to suit a different VIN when you plan to sell it?

Will Lotus know if I swapped out the ECU? What if I need to take in my car for warranty and swap back in the original ecu? Will Lotus be able to tell? How is the odometer recorded? That's the only concern I have.

For clarification, one can just plug the original ECU in if needed for warranty work?
And the inverse of this - is it easy to install the first go around? Just a simple swap of the ECU that any “normal” person could complete? Or does it likely require a shop to complete?

And the inverse of this - is it easy to install the first go around? Just a simple swap of the ECU that any “normal” person could complete? Or does it likely require a shop to complete?
On the website, it's Plug N Play. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.

On the website, it's Plug N Play. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
I had this completed by a shop on my RS3 in 2 hours but that included mounting a custom frame as there wasn’t much room to mount it in the engine bay.
Once done I can confirm it was a simple unplug and swap the ecus back if needed. I’ve had a few stand alone ecus over the years and Syvecs was the best by far, especially durability of the the unit and chip set.

Can I still get in on the buy? And can I add the headers and stuff for the 460 kit?

Can I still get in on the buy? And can I add the headers and stuff for the 460
I really like the 460 kit because the torque to reduced to the safe limit by having a larger compressor wheel. The result is higher hp but reducing stress on the engine with lower boost pressure. Not many tuners would bother reducing the boost, instead would have just got to the 460 mark and stopped any further R&D.

I'm really interested to hear impressions on this upgrade. I'm definitely in the market for a 440hp upgrade whether that be from JUBU or a local stateside option. This seems like a safe upgrade with hopefully very noticeable results. I'm looking for better throttle response and low down torque.
Start with a decat, followed buy a GRP air filter and your throttle response and low down power is resolved in a big way. Then you can relax and decide what ecu solution you want to pursue.

Recent dynos by Eagle7 suggest that the Eventuri intake adds ~ 15 hp.
For the price, this looks like it could be a great addition to the 440, with a 460 header upgrade down the road. Do you think JUBU will develop a tune for the 440 cars with an Eventuri? Are the JUBU tunes a “one size fits all” or can you provide JUBU data from the Bluetooth module to tweak to your specific car?