• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

JUBU Group Buy 15% discount

Are you interested in a group buy and when?

• Total voters
Just heard back from Jubu today regarding the ECU/Warranty

Hi idleuser,
thank you for your enquiry.
No, the mileage is not saved in the ECU and therefore your odometer is always correct.
It is important to store the OEM ECU properly.
In case of software updates from Lotus, they are installed on the OEM ECU so that your warranty remains intact.
- Plug & Play -
😉

Best
Jürgen Lengauer

Leitung Technischer Verkauf und Einkauf | Head of Sales and Warehouse management

Recent dynos by Eagle7 suggest that the Eventuri intake adds ~ 15 hp.
For the price, this looks like it could be a great addition to the 440, with a 460 header upgrade down the road. Do you think JUBU will develop a tune for the 440 cars with an Eventuri? Are the JUBU tunes a “one size fits all” or can you provide JUBU data from the Bluetooth module to tweak to your specific car?
They have the capability to do it but whether want to go down that route is another story and you need to ask them.
There’s two options;
1. Don’t alter the map. Sounds obvious but if you can use a performance drop in filter with the 440 map already I can’t see you will need to make changes. The Syvecs will make minor adjustments based on the sensor data. Most owners rely on the oem ecu to when fitting a Eventuri intake with no mapping at all.
2. You can find a tuner who can map Syvecs and have a bespoke map to match. Having owned two cars with Syvecs ecus I can say this is both a good and bad option. The good part is you get the chance to confirm you have a perfect map and you are not going over the 500 torque figure. Note Komi Tec do a 475 map which also has the torque limited. The bad part with this option is ether you cant find someone as good as JUBU as we all know mapping companies are great at saying they are better than all the others. Luckily in the UK we have RaceCal who have been tuning Syvecs for a long time and are the best I’ve found.
Personally I’d pop it on a rolling road of somewhere I know just to do a run and check it’s ok. They don’t need to be a Syvecs mapper to see if there are issues and you have a nice power curve.v

Last edited:
Curious for anyone who received, was there any customs charge/processing/involvement? or did you just pay a shipping cost and that was all?

If someone wanted to sell the ECU later would JUBU update it for a new serial number...even if for a fee? My understanding is that the new ECU is mated to a serial number and may/ may not work on another car.

Since we are at 10 already with people in the first 2 groups I sent Martin a email yesterday. (See his response attached) If everyone who is ready to buy in these groups can message me with the information needed below I can put an excel list together.

-Name
-Full Address
-email address
-Car & VIN
-What kit and options (options for 440 kit is 6,800 vs 7,200 redline, 3rd decat delete, & octane grade & Bluetooth module and Syvecs Pro App (for a comfortable choice of different setups/mappings via App)
For those with a 3rd cat delete I would state you already have it done incase it’s a different ECU set up.)

I was confused on their octane so this is what Martin sent me:

“Attached please find a rough AKI to RON Conversion Guide:
Please note, this guide is for a rough estimate only.
Many factors will contribute, but your gas with AKI 93 is fine.

• 87 AKI = 91 RON
  • 91 AKI = 93 RON
  • 93 AKI = 98 RON
  • 100 AKI = 104 RON
  • 104 AKI = 108 RON”

Here is the link- https://www.jubu-performance.com/en/shop/part-jubu_emira_440_leistungskit-2493

Some notes- only manual cars as you guys probably know already.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!
Thank god, someone that understands the North American octane scale of AKI vs European RON and the approximate relationship. A decade ago I purchased a Komi-tec kit and they insisted on knocking back the timing to account for our "poor" gas. No, no it's the same stuff

Like many here, I'm looking forward to hearing real world feedback now that several of these are out in the wild. If this is truly plug and play and delivers the results shown on the website, this is the most transformative $5k +/- you can spend on the car. Considering a titanium cat back exhaust is $2,500+ and may not add much performance at all, this is the thread to watch if you're looking for a meaningful boost in power and a 7200 RPM redline without risking breakage (at least at the 440 level).

Curious for anyone who received, was there any customs charge/processing/involvement? or did you just pay a shipping cost and that was all?
Yes there is, I know we talked offline but for everyone else yes. There is shipping cost from JUBU. Then after delivery you get a customs bill as well. It was $220 shipping for me, my order was ECU plus their cooling kit. Then bill from customs was $191 which I wasn’t expecting. None of the first group I think expected this or was told about this.

If someone wanted to sell the ECU later would JUBU update it for a new serial number...even if for a fee? My understanding is that the new ECU is mated to a serial number and may/ may not work on another car.
I don’t think that would work since it’s build for a specific VIN only. So we can add that to list of questions we need to address with JUBU if they would take it back and give you money for it. The plan would be probably to sell it with the vehicle if you’re getting rid of it. If not might be an expensive art display in your home or office lol

They have the capability to do it but whether want to go down that route is another story and you need to ask them.
There’s two options;
1. Don’t alter the map. Sounds obvious but if you can use a performance drop in filter with the 440 map already I can’t see you will need to make changes. The Syvecs will make minor adjustments based on the sensor data. Most owners rely on the oem ecu to when fitting a Eventuri intake with no mapping at all.
2. You can find a tuner who can map Syvecs and have a bespoke map to match. Having owned two cars with Syvecs ecus I can say this is both a good and bad option. The good part is you get the chance to confirm you have a perfect map and you are not going over the 500 torque figure. Note Komi Tec do a 475 map which also has the torque limited. The bad part with this option is ether you cant find someone as good as JUBU as we all know mapping companies are great at saying they are better than all the others. Luckily in the UK we have RaceCal who have been tuning Syvecs for a long time and are the best I’ve found.
Personally I’d pop it on a rolling road of somewhere I know just to do a run and check it’s ok. They don’t need to be a Syvecs mapper to see if there are issues and you have a nice power curve.v
Yes to add to this bc I asked.

JUBU said that “don’t waste your money on fancy carbon intake. The stock intake is good up to about 530hp. All you need is a drop in filter”

From GRP testing idk if I would spend the money on the intake maybe a new filter first idk yet. JUBU does a lot of testing an make many parts for the EMIRA. If they felt like it lacked or they needed to I think they would have made an intake.

JUBU has a drop in race filter (comes with the 460 kit) along with others as you guys have seen our out, not a K&N.

But to your point if you did the 440 kit and did the intake drop in or Eventuri with the headers upgrade you would get more than to 460 HP & 500 NM TQ claimed. Idk the figure and I don’t know how the 440 kit would respond to it. But if it takes it and adjusts then you would have more power than what they claim.

JUBU said on the 460hp kit they purposely reduce the power to protect the engine.

As far as tuning. The ECU comes with a Ethernet cable attached so they can do remote sessions. They can also upgrade your ECU to higher kits over time if that’s your plan.

Bump. Any early adopters have the review for the 440?
Lots of us still the process and hasn’t been as plug and play as stated unfortunately. We are all figuring some things out and JUBU has been on vacation. They are back this week and many of us anticipating getting some answers and resolutions.

Here are a couple things that have come up. Put to the answer that everyone wants to hear….YES you can definitely feel the power upgrade! More on that later.

Can’t take credit for these questions but one of our members in first group has put a list of questions together with our chat we all been having. 1 challenging part for many of us is JUBU is in Austria, so they speak English but doesn’t seem that well when communicating through email…so some of us might start using ChatGPT to translate to German. If you speak and write German please raise your hand and be our spokesperson lol :)

Here goes:

- What is the correct procedure for quickly installing the ECU through the engine bay? Users have found that the only route was through the left wheel arch.

- Can you clarify where the three washers should be placed during installation? (ECU comes with 3 washes and instructions don’t list where to put them.)

- How should the ethernet cable be routed to ensure accessibility while protecting it from engine heat? (Cord is wrapped and says good for 85 Celsius/185 Fahrenheit. We don’t know if that’s safe enough for engine temps)

- Does each drive mode require individual training? (There is a learning curve for ECU more on that later)

- Some users have reported a reduction in engine overruns. Is it possible to tune these back in on a custom basis for preference?

- How many ignition cycles are typically required for the system to operate smoothly? The installation guide suggests around five, but this doesn’t seem to be the case in practice.

- How does the auto-blip feature function in track mode? Does it involve the brake, and how can we verify that it’s included in the tune? (Autoblip has been reported only working while hitting the brake in track mode. Unlike OEM rev match which you can down shift with no brake and it rev matches for you)

- Why does “Launch mode” activate intermittently? Does this tune include a launch mode, and if so, how is it activated? (This is happening when you press the clutch in and throttle, like your manually doing your rev match)

- Some users are experiencing intermittent hot and cold air from the AC after installation. The issue resolves after restarting but recurs a few minutes later. Will this issue go away over time?

- Some users report that the engine continues to run briefly after shut-off. What causes this, and will it resolve itself? (This happens in track mode only not tour or sport. So this could be a to cool down the engine and supercharger slowly rather than shut it off when you turn it off)

- A few users have noticed a strange noise coming from the ECU area after shut-off. What could be causing this, and is it normal? (Here is a video link for reference: [Video Link](https://www.emiraforum.com/media/img_6118-mov.21693/))

- Some users hear intermittent beeping from the audio system. Could this be related to the Bluetooth module? (We think this something we can remove with the Syvecs Pro, but no instructions given.)

- Do you offer remote custom tuning for each customer’s car? Can this be done while the car is parked in the customer’s garage, or is a dyno-equipped shop required?

- For customers who prefer not to install the ECU themselves and use a tuner shop located hundreds of kilometers away instead, is it safe to drive the car home immediately at highway speeds? Are there any specific break-in recommendations?

- What is your return policy?

Lots of questions that we need to address. It’s not plug and play as stated.

Along with the questions above We have had the following as well:

-car won’t start when first installed took up to 5-6 times and had to hit throttle to keep alive. (This was on first fire up after install)
-rough starts and idles
-limp mode
-very low idle and stalling
-needs more throttle to get going, harder to drive than OEM where you could just release the clutch and it catch and roll.
-rpm redline shows 5k when stationary. When you start to move it raises to 7k on the 7200 variant. Shift light is set at 7k not 7200 (this is a limitation and don’t think they can fix this)
-jerky and not smooth

There maybe more I’m missing but we will all figure this out soon.

The good news is:
-JUBU has been response even during their company wide vacation. Some users have remote sessions scheduled to address these concerns.
-The car feels really strong and pulls hard. This is how it should have come from the factory (power wise) for a 100k sports car.

We will report back after resolutions. Hopefully the thread is all caught up right now.

I think it’s a good thing that the Eventuri isn’t needed on a 440 tune because the best thing about them is the aesthetics, but not in an Emira. If the tune uses the oem filter then even better because you get a sensible safe tune with oem small particle filtration.

Lots of us still the process and hasn’t been as plug and play as stated unfortunately. We are all figuring some things out and JUBU has been on vacation. They are back this week and many of us anticipating getting some answers and resolutions.

Here are a couple things that have come up. Put to the answer that everyone wants to hear….YES you can definitely feel the power upgrade! More on that later.

Can’t take credit for these questions but one of our members in first group has put a list of questions together with our chat we all been having. 1 challenging part for many of us is JUBU is in Austria, so they speak English but doesn’t seem that well when communicating through email…so some of us might start using ChatGPT to translate to German. If you speak and write German please raise your hand and be our spokesperson lol :)

Here goes:

- What is the correct procedure for quickly installing the ECU through the engine bay? Users have found that the only route was through the left wheel arch.

- Can you clarify where the three washers should be placed during installation? (ECU comes with 3 washes and instructions don’t list where to put them.)

- How should the ethernet cable be routed to ensure accessibility while protecting it from engine heat? (Cord is wrapped and says good for 85 Celsius/185 Fahrenheit. We don’t know if that’s safe enough for engine temps)

- Does each drive mode require individual training? (There is a learning curve for ECU more on that later)

- Some users have reported a reduction in engine overruns. Is it possible to tune these back in on a custom basis for preference?

- How many ignition cycles are typically required for the system to operate smoothly? The installation guide suggests around five, but this doesn’t seem to be the case in practice.

- How does the auto-blip feature function in track mode? Does it involve the brake, and how can we verify that it’s included in the tune? (Autoblip has been reported only working while hitting the brake in track mode. Unlike OEM rev match which you can down shift with no brake and it rev matches for you)

- Why does “Launch mode” activate intermittently? Does this tune include a launch mode, and if so, how is it activated? (This is happening when you press the clutch in and throttle, like your manually doing your rev match)

- Some users are experiencing intermittent hot and cold air from the AC after installation. The issue resolves after restarting but recurs a few minutes later. Will this issue go away over time?

- Some users report that the engine continues to run briefly after shut-off. What causes this, and will it resolve itself? (This happens in track mode only not tour or sport. So this could be a to cool down the engine and supercharger slowly rather than shut it off when you turn it off)

- A few users have noticed a strange noise coming from the ECU area after shut-off. What could be causing this, and is it normal? (Here is a video link for reference: [Video Link](https://www.emiraforum.com/media/img_6118-mov.21693/))

- Some users hear intermittent beeping from the audio system. Could this be related to the Bluetooth module? (We think this something we can remove with the Syvecs Pro, but no instructions given.)

- Do you offer remote custom tuning for each customer’s car? Can this be done while the car is parked in the customer’s garage, or is a dyno-equipped shop required?

- For customers who prefer not to install the ECU themselves and use a tuner shop located hundreds of kilometers away instead, is it safe to drive the car home immediately at highway speeds? Are there any specific break-in recommendations?

- What is your return policy?

Lots of questions that we need to address. It’s not plug and play as stated.

Along with the questions above We have had the following as well:

-car won’t start when first installed took up to 5-6 times and had to hit throttle to keep alive. (This was on first fire up after install)
-rough starts and idles
-limp mode
-very low idle and stalling
-needs more throttle to get going, harder to drive than OEM where you could just release the clutch and it catch and roll.
-rpm redline shows 5k when stationary. When you start to move it raises to 7k on the 7200 variant. Shift light is set at 7k not 7200 (this is a limitation and don’t think they can fix this)
-jerky and not smooth

There maybe more I’m missing but we will all figure this out soon.

The good news is:
-JUBU has been response even during their company wide vacation. Some users have remote sessions scheduled to address these concerns.
-The car feels really strong and pulls hard. This is how it should have come from the factory (power wise) for a 100k sports car.

We will report back after resolutions. Hopefully the thread is all caught up right now.
Amazing. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing how Jubi approaches post sales customer service and hopefully there are fixes that can be addressed remotely!