• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Just purchased this for my garage (tool box)

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Should be here in about 10 days. Largest toolbox I could find. I have a 90 inch work space I needed to cover, and this is 84 inch and should be good enough!

Excited to purchase this and have it setup in my garage. I do all my own vehicle work/maintenance and having everything organized will be great. Currently working out of 2 toolboxes! Garage is about 1,000 Sq feet with a 300 sqft back area for storage.

1674945679212.png

1674945638880.png

Should be here in about 10 days. Largest toolbox I could find. I have a 90 inch work space I needed to cover, and this is 84 inch and should be good enough!

Excited to purchase this and have it setup in my garage. I do all my own vehicle work/maintenance and having everything organized will be great. Currently working out of 2 toolboxes! Garage is about 1,000 Sq feet with a 300 sqft back area for storage.

View attachment 21799

View attachment 21798
Jealous! Here in the UK a typical large single garage would be 20 x 10 = 200 sq ft. 1300 sq ft would be a warehouse!

Jealous! Here in the UK a typical large single garage would be 20 x 10 = 200 sq ft. 1300 sq ft would be a warehouse!

I have realized by seeing some garage shots that the typical UK garages are tiny compared to here in the states! I feel for you all.

I have realized by seeing some garage shots that the typical UK garages are tiny compared to here in the states! I feel for you all.
It’s a mindset, some of us build them bigger

Not only garages are built larger over here in the US...

Congrats on big workbench — next up — two post lift!
Thank you! Would love to. However just not enough top clearance in my garage.

Maybe when Interests rates go down I can upgrade houses ;).

Thank you! Would love to. However just not enough top clearance in my garage.

Maybe when Interests rates go down I can upgrade houses ;).
I have the MaxJax midrise two post lift in my basement garage. The ceilings are 9'8 but I've seen other ceiling with that lift at 8'. Unless you're lifting tall trucks or SUVs 8' is plenty.
Bendpak does make one that fits in 9' I think but your limiting factor is the height of vehicle for a lower ceiling.
I pretty much permanently mounted mine to the spot but could remove the columns temporarily if had to. Also mounted the lift unit to the nearby wall as the portable cart is dumb.

I have the MaxJax midrise two post lift in my basement garage. The ceilings are 9'8 but I've seen other ceiling with that lift at 8'. Unless you're lifting tall trucks or SUVs 8' is plenty.
Bendpak does make one that fits in 9' I think but your limiting factor is the height of vehicle for a lower ceiling.
I pretty much permanently mounted mine to the spot but could remove the columns temporarily if had to. Also mounted the lift unit to the nearby wall as the portable cart is dumb.
This kit seems a little terrifying... a two-post "portable" lift? How does the thing not collapse inward and/or fall over? The reason I ask is that if you have to bolt it down to use it, then to me it's not portable, it's a standard slab-installed lift with some casters on the back edge for ease of positioning while you're permanently installing it. :ROFLMAO:

[edit] Oh I see... there are concrete anchors that are installed in the slab permanently, and you can unbolt the lift columns from them and stow it away. So it's "portable" in the sense that it can be broken down and removed leaving a smooth floor, and can be set up again in what appears to be about a half hour of work if/when you want to use it.

This kit seems a little terrifying... a two-post "portable" lift? How does the thing not collapse inward and/or fall over? The reason I ask is that if you have to bolt it down to use it, then to me it's not portable, it's a standard slab-installed lift with some casters on the back edge for ease of positioning while you're permanently installing it. :ROFLMAO:

[edit] Oh I see... there are concrete anchors that are installed in the slab permanently, and you can unbolt the lift columns from them and stow it away. So it's "portable" in the sense that it can be broken down and removed leaving a smooth floor, and can be set up again in what appears to be about a half hour of work if/when you want to use it.
Your edit is correct. It is a bit of work for it to be 'portable'. I always leave mine in place as I dont like unloading/loading torque cycles on the anchors...and I have the room. I installed extra mounting holes so I can move it since one of my car's lifting points requires the arms to be far inward.
If had it do over I'd probably just get the normal 2 post lift..almost the same price.

I have fears about a 2 post lift with the Emira because the doors are extremely thick compared to most 2 door sports cars. The sculpted shape to accomodate the aero along with an easy ingress/egress for the driver results in a pretty thick door.

I noticed the Emiras rear lift points are not inline (from front ones) so something similar may be required.
Anyone with an Emira care to measure the distance from B to B(front) lift points.
View attachment 21886
I was just looking at this last week and would love this information. Based on the Evora, it was pretty long and required the longest base Quickjacks (also the most expensive). And running them perpendicular to the car and not parallel also had issues with making contact with the wheels.

I noticed the Emiras rear lift points are not inline (from front ones) so something similar may be required.
Anyone with an Emira care to measure the distance from B to B(front) lift points.
View attachment 21886
We really need a diagram of the jack point locations, distance between them, and distances inboard from tire center line and tire inner edge. Without that info it will be pretty difficult to figure out whether any scissor-style lift would work on this car.

Technically the car can be lifted by more than just those 4 points, but it's exceedingly useful to know whether they can be used safely on a particular lift.

I am concerned about my lift reaching the front lift points while maintaining the balance so I computed where the CG is (not Lotus official ;)). Once find out the B-B front width can see if my lift will reach those points. This diagram should be helpful for others too. Its in the manual..minus the cg symbol.
Basically the CG is where the door handle is. Pretty typical for a mid engine car. Some cars have an arrow on bottom where it is.
emira cg.jpg

This diagram floated around last year as well. Lotus clearly has a ton of technical diagram data in-house, we just need to request the relevant info from them. I'm going to reach out to LCC and see if I can get them to provide guidance on the jack points, preferably with a diagram.

technical_data.png

Well boys it's here. Found it on my driveway. I think the guys uncrated it but not sure. Other buyers said it came with a pallate base. Didn't get stolen as it sat at the end of my driveway for four hours so that's a win. Haven't had time to mess with it yet.
Screenshot_20230208_220204_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230208_220115_Gallery.jpg