• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

latest colour info...

I was at the viewing at Parks of Hamilton (Scotland) on Friday afternoon - wow!

The only "Junior" Supercar aspect of the Emira is the engine type and straight-line performance - make no mistake, in the flesh the Emira has Supercar looks and presence.

In my eyes, this is the most accomplished sports car design since the Ian Callum designed Aston Martin Vantage. it is well proportioned, handsome, beautiful, aggressive, purposeful, poised, dramatic and fluid. Achieving all of that in one design is a simply phenomenal achievement that the entire team led by Russell Carr should be congratulated on.

The only slight reservations I had before viewing, based on my own observations from videos and also comments here, were that the roof-line might be just a touch on the high side and it might be too wide for its overall size. These reservations evaporated immediately on viewing in the flesh.

COLOURS - GREEN
I'll call this breaking news as I've not seen it mentioned before here. The green samples are incorrect and the actual green will be lighter - more in line with what you see on the configurator. I was told this by Alastair Florance, Group PR Manager. He said they had just discovered this week that the green samples were wrong (too dark) and new samples will be issued. This puts green back into my short-list!

COLOURS - NIMBUS
I've seen lots of comments about this colour - the simplest and most helpful thing I can say is it's silver, plain and simple and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not a warm silver as the configurator suggests, it's not a cool bluey silver - it's neutral, not unlike my Arctic silver 996 Carrera 4S. One of my options is now silver with black pack, diamond cut alloys and red and black interior. The fact this looks not unlike Gordon Murray's T.50 for 1/30th of the price is remarkable - in fact the Emira is a better looking car than the T.50!

gordon-murray-automotive-t5012.jpg

Final note for now...

WHEELS
The diamond cut wheels look incredible, and what I love about them is that the cut and lacquered faces have a dull rather than bright finish which gives them a purposeful, engineered look rather than a "blingy" look. Cool as you like.
What?! That is crazy. Surely every session at every roadshow had depositors commenting on the dark green. And while there are complaints, they also said it was a clear winner with depositors, more so than the blue. Has this been confirmed by anyone else in here? I'm happy to pop up to Colchester and gate crash to find out what has occurred (I think it's still on this Friday). There are only 6 colours, how difficult can it be to get right?, something doesn't ring true here. 🤔

Whether they made a mistake or changed their mind is meaningless at this point. They will likely not admit that they changed their mind even if that is what happened. If they open that gate, you'll have guys complaining about all kinds of things to get things changed, and they will feel personally slighted if Lotus does not make available Hello Kitty air fresheners as a factory option.

Oh my. I'm used to boring old Chevrolet and Nissan. Not used to all this, "show me a car, but that really isn't what you will get" marketing technique. It makes me scream for more! More, more!! I am hoping they got the hp numbers for the V6 wrong too.

I was at the viewing at Parks of Hamilton (Scotland) on Friday afternoon - wow!

The only "Junior" Supercar aspect of the Emira is the engine type and straight-line performance - make no mistake, in the flesh the Emira has Supercar looks and presence.

In my eyes, this is the most accomplished sports car design since the Ian Callum designed Aston Martin Vantage. it is well proportioned, handsome, beautiful, aggressive, purposeful, poised, dramatic and fluid. Achieving all of that in one design is a simply phenomenal achievement that the entire team led by Russell Carr should be congratulated on.

The only slight reservations I had before viewing, based on my own observations from videos and also comments here, were that the roof-line might be just a touch on the high side and it might be too wide for its overall size. These reservations evaporated immediately on viewing in the flesh.

COLOURS - GREEN
I'll call this breaking news as I've not seen it mentioned before here. The green samples are incorrect and the actual green will be lighter - more in line with what you see on the configurator. I was told this by Alastair Florance, Group PR Manager. He said they had just discovered this week that the green samples were wrong (too dark) and new samples will be issued. This puts green back into my short-list!

COLOURS - NIMBUS
I've seen lots of comments about this colour - the simplest and most helpful thing I can say is it's silver, plain and simple and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not a warm silver as the configurator suggests, it's not a cool bluey silver - it's neutral, not unlike my Arctic silver 996 Carrera 4S. One of my options is now silver with black pack, diamond cut alloys and red and black interior. The fact this looks not unlike Gordon Murray's T.50 for 1/30th of the price is remarkable - in fact the Emira is a better looking car than the T.50!

gordon-murray-automotive-t5012.jpg

Final note for now...

WHEELS
The diamond cut wheels look incredible, and what I love about them is that the cut and lacquered faces have a dull rather than bright finish which gives them a purposeful, engineered look rather than a "blingy" look. Cool as you like.
Quite useful. Nimbus Silver it is. Thanks.

Oh my. I'm used to boring old Chevrolet and Nissan. Not used to all this, "show me a car, but that really isn't what you will get" marketing technique. It makes me scream for more! More, more!! I am hoping they got the hp numbers for the V6 wrong too.
I don't want to start Chinese whispers but I'm pretty sure a few people were told at Goodwood that the car would have closer to 416bhp. Wasn't Matt himself caught saying this on video?

Great summary of the car, I agree there’s not a bad angle to it at all. Beautifully proportioned whichever way you look at it and to meld that with what I understand will be excellent aerodynamics for this price point is something the Lotus team can be rightly proud of.

Thanks for sharing about the green. It was one of our options before seeing the sample disc in daylight yesterday, but the sample looked very, very dark and that put both me (and my wife) off the colour. I remarked about the green colour looking very dark to two of the lotus guys (one of them was quite senior but I won’t name him!) and neither made any comment about it. We even made the comparison with a another green Lotus parked outside which was a much brighter shade; apologies as I’m not up on the existing Lotus palette but I’d describe the parked car as much closer to British Racing Green and it was this colour I was expecting. If the Emira green is lighter, then it might be back in the running!
If that was the green Exige parked outside then I'd say the actual green will be somewhere in-between that and the current sample, which is close to how it appears on the configurator. Works for me too.

The green car outsIDE was motorsport green. I was told that verdant green would sit between what the sample looked like and how it looked on the configurator. Was told they have a few painted in the factory now and it looked nice. I’m hoping we see some photos of each colour on a car before confirming orders
5D74B943-9B6A-45E2-8BBB-89C79E8F67C3.jpeg

The green car outsIDE was motorsport green. I was told that verdant green would sit between what the sample looked like and how it looked on the configurator. Was told they have a few painted in the factory now and it looked nice. I’m hoping we see some photos of each colour on a car before confirming ordersView attachment 851
That sounds spot on Adam - and seeing some images of real Emiras painted in the range of colours would be so helpful in the tricky and emotive area of colour choice!

It is poor they have been planning this launch for ages and they can't get one of only six colours correct. I picked dark verdant after seeing it on the sample because I liked it, how do I stand now??

The green car outsIDE was motorsport green. I was told that verdant green would sit between what the sample looked like and how it looked on the configurator. Was told they have a few painted in the factory now and it looked nice. I’m hoping we see some photos of each colour on a car before confirming ordersView attachment 851
I asked at the Central roadshow today and nobody knew about this. In fact the opposite, they said there are panels painted in the factory now and it is a dark green as per the samples....

I asked at the Central roadshow today and nobody knew about this. In fact the opposite, they said there are panels painted in the factory now and it is a dark green as per the samples...

I asked at the Central roadshow today and nobody knew about this. In fact the opposite, they said there are panels painted in the factory now and it is a dark green as per the samples....
Would it be too much to ask for a Lotus representative to be assigned to this forum? If Lotus is looking for someone, I would like to work for them.

@TomE - any chance one of your sources could validate what I was told regarding the green sample being incorrect, namely too dark? It was the Lotus Group PR Manager so I would certainly hope he knew what he was talking about!

I'll see what I can find out. I've already got quite a long list of questions in play!

Reactions: Rob
Would it be too much to ask for a Lotus representative to be assigned to this forum? If Lotus is looking for someone, I would like to work for them.
There are Lotus people in all the main forums and social media groups, including this one. But they won't post on any of them in an official capacity. A shame but that's their policy.

I believe in previous posts that Lotus is indeed monitoring this forum. The bigger question though is whether or not they are paying attention to the messages being transmitted. Many of us are offering a boat load of free advice.

I'll see what I can find out. I've already got quite a long list of questions in play!
Well just to add another to your list Tom :ROFLMAO: it would be good to hear if they do indeed have some cars painted in some or all of the 6 colours now and how and when they plan to share any images of those - or will we need to wait until they turn up at dealerships to see them, which I understand will be April 2022?

Well just to add another to your list Tom :ROFLMAO: it would be good to hear if they do indeed have some cars painted in some or all of the 6 colours now and how and when they plan to share any images of those - or will we need to wait until they turn up at dealerships to see them, which I understand will be April 2022?
They've messed up tbh, if they shared images of actual cars with colours, depositors would say the digital images do not show the true colour, paint panels and send them to dealers, depositors would say they cannot visualise it properly as the show car should also be there. It's a dropped ball. There will be enough early takers that will keep Lotus busy till press and dealers get cars however. A combination of faith, high rollers, flippers.

Quite useful. Nimbus Silver it is. Thanks.
If the green was wrong, surely someone in Lotus is looking at the configuration and realising the nimbus disc looks NOTHING like the configurator. If they can’t change the paint, change what’s online to suit.

The bad colour match (I was absolutely sold on the nimbus configuration colour) is the only thing that could put me off, as after seeing the samples there isn’t one colour I’m totally sold on. I’d happily pay extra to have the actual colour that I configured !!

Also, how hard can it be to get an ice grey leather sample?

After attending the road show yesterday I think I'm over all the procrastinating now 😁
Loved the car, so just gonna crack on, can't see any of the colour combos looking bad to be honest. Could Lotus have done things better to help us all decide, yes. But we are where we are. Only thing that would be nice about now is an online Q&A with the Lotus team so that all of these inconsistencies and unanswered questions could be put to bed. Otherwise they will fester for some prospective buyers and continue to do the rounds online

After attending the road show yesterday I think I'm over all the procrastinating now 😁
Loved the car, so just gonna crack on, can't see any of the colour combos looking bad to be honest. Could Lotus have done things better to help us all decide, yes. But we are where we are. Only thing that would be nice about now is an online Q&A with the Lotus team so that all of these inconsistencies and unanswered questions could be put to bed. Otherwise they will fester for some prospective buyers and continue to do the rounds online
I think that is one of the most sensible posts I've seen on here! Some people are in danger of getting in their own way. I also agree with what you and some others have said - there is a lot of knowledge and value in this forum they could be tapping into.

Back