• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

latest colour info...

It's so difficult to choose! I've been on the configurator again today and looking online at Evoras in similar colour schemes.

I think the shades of yellow issue can be solved after delivery with re-painting the calipers in Hethel Yellow and swapping to black badges. But today I'm leaning more towards diamond cut wheels with black or silver calipers. I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow!

I drove my Exige and Evora today and after getting home couldn't remember what colour calipers either of them had while I was looking at Emira options. I went back out to check. So perhaps I'm over-thinking the choice. Do you remember the days when the choices on coffee were just whether you wanted milk or sugar? :)

Have never had this issue before, normally I know what colour I want and place an order, this time is so different, have lost count of the times I have changed my mind and even now I keep thinking am I making the right choice

Have never had this issue before, normally I know what colour I want and place an order, this time is so different, have lost count of the times I have changed my mind and even now I keep thinking am I making the right choice
I’ve configured and paid by 2nd deposit but need to make a lot of changes now! Should have been more patient

Should Lotus offer a bogo? This way we can just get a couple options. ;)

What will the color of the supercharger be? Will it be black or red as seen on Evoras? I want red.

I imagine black. But red would be nice...

I am holding my breath for red. Hopefully that will be a choice before ordering. Makes the car look at least 15 MPH (24 KPH!) faster while standing still.

I am holding my breath for red. Hopefully that will be a choice before ordering. Makes the car look at least 15 MPH (24 KPH!) faster while standing still.

Lotus will save the red cover for a future GT version. It's simple to unbolt and paint yourself or have professionally powercoated any color you want anyway.

Lotus will save the red cover for a future GT version. It's simple to unbolt and paint yourself or have professionally powercoated any color you want anyway.

This may have to get done, especially if I find someone in my area. No way I would try something like painting. I watched 100 Evora videos and unfortunately I have been visualizing red on my car! Thanks for the tip, this gives me a lot of time to research a shop.

This may have to get done, especially if I find someone in my area. No way I would try something like painting. I watched 100 Evora videos and unfortunately I have been visualizing red on my car! Thanks for the tip, this gives me a lot of time to research a shop.

It's extremely simple if you decide to give it a shot.... this stuff works well! Just tape it off and spray per the instructions on the can.

61QX7rCxfyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71VNJW3FUoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Per my post on the Harry’s Garage thread, unfortunately none of those are First Edition colours. They look close and fooled me and several others! Good to see real cars being built.
Curious to know why Lotus would produce prototype/test cars in solid colours very similar to the metallic FE colours but not exactly the same? (especially given the current level of interest in viewing cars painted in the final FE colours before committing to build).

Curious to know why Lotus would produce prototype/test cars in solid colours very similar to the metallic FE colours but not exactly the same? (especially given the current level of interest in viewing cars painted in the final FE colours before committing to build).
Possible the paint shop isn't up and running properly yet? Or don't want to 'cheapen' the actual FE launch by having photos driving around in the exact colours???

To be honest, it could be the launch colours but the camera has a habit of messing with the colour balance. Does anyone have the skills to adjust the colours so that the blue car matches the launch blue colour, that may give a better idea of how the other colours look in real life. I can't believe that Lotus would build test cars in any colours other than the launch colours, there is no good reason to do so.

Judging by the colour samples, the configurator isn't really a great match, in particular the launch red. The chap I spoke to said that Lotus were going for something like the Mazda Soul Red (MX5 colour), the configurator makes it look bronze.

Solid colours are easier to paint. Although it would be a useful test of build/paint/QA processes to use FE colours they can prove a lot without the extra complexity. These cars are primarily being used for type approval, such as emissions and crash testing, so the use of FE paint isn't a major factor.

I've had confirmation from Lotus these are definitely not FE colours. They are building cars in the 6 FE colours and will publish photos of those before 3rd UK deposits and build commitment are needed.

To be honest, it could be the launch colours but the camera has a habit of messing with the colour balance. Does anyone have the skills to adjust the colours so that the blue car matches the launch blue colour, that may give a better idea of how the other colours look in real life. I can't believe that Lotus would build test cars in any colours other than the launch colours, there is no good reason to do so.

Judging by the colour samples, the configurator isn't really a great match, in particular the launch red. The chap I spoke to said that Lotus were going for something like the Mazda Soul Red (MX5 colour), the configurator makes it look bronze.
I very much think this could be true. Lotus could just be on damage control about the leak when they say these aren’t the colours. Cameras and lighting also will cause dramatic differences in the appearance of paint colours.

I very much think this could be true. Lotus could just be on damage control about the leak when they say these aren’t the colours. Cameras and lighting also will cause dramatic differences in the appearance of paint colours.
It's not really a leak - I'm sure they allowed Harry to film and include that in his video.

It's not really a leak - I'm sure they allowed Harry to film and include that in his video.
Call it what you want. But it’s a view of car shells in a variety of colours before the official reveal of Lotus’ colour pics. We’ll see how close they end up being to the final products.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back