• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

latest colour info...

All a matter of taste, but does anyone like shadow grey? It's just like every other grey tin box parked in your local supermarket car park and was a strange choice for the JB launch car. The red looks great those photos, brighter and less burgundy than the disc sample. The green is really growing on me too - wIth gold wheels it would look amazing. Still blue for me, but I reckon the Emira will look stunning in any of these colours, even shadow grey :)
Agreed, sports cars look better in bright colours, also it's proven they are faster too 😉

And some close ups on one of the Facebook groups. They’re from the dealer roadshow at the Hethel factory today.

It would be nice if Lotus could distribute some of these to their dealer network as for many of us the extra viewing dates were simply announced too late to fit a visit in, but seeing these up close would be rather helpful.

This poor green isn’t getting any good light or pics. I bet this color moves up the charts as more folks get to see it on the car. So much potential.
100% with you on that, due to some unfortunate reflections you only get a hint of how awesome that green may look.

This poor green isn’t getting any good light or pics. I bet this color moves up the charts as more folks get to see it on the car. So much potential.
I think the main issue is there isn't enough light full stop (especially in the UK) to make this green look good, unfortunately :(

Is the green on those car shapes the same as the one on the discs? It looks lighter to my eyes but that could just be the lighting.

Green is looking really nice. I know most people want it lighter, but I like the way it goes from black to green with curvature and light. Although the black pack might be close to useless with this colour.

Green is looking really nice. I know most people want it lighter, but I like the way it goes from black to green with curvature and light. Although the black pack might be close to useless with this colour.
So green may be rare and save us a bit of coin too. :)

All a matter of taste, but does anyone like shadow grey? It's just like every other grey tin box parked in your local supermarket car park and was a strange choice for the JB launch car. The red looks great those photos, brighter and less burgundy than the disc sample. The green is really growing on me too - wIth gold wheels it would look amazing. Still blue for me, but I reckon the Emira will look stunning in any of these colours, even shadow grey :)
I do like the shadow grey but I have to agree with what you say, it would just blend in with any other car and this car needs/deserves to be noticed- back to square 1 it is then 🤨

Is the green on those car shapes the same as the one on the discs? It looks lighter to my eyes but that could just be the lighting.
It looks that way to me too, although it really is hard to tell from the photo. If it is, then that is consistent with what Alastair Florance of Lotus told me at the viewing at Parks.

Perhaps @richbrown can ask when at Hethel tomorrow and clear up this green confusion with a clear statement from Lotus!

Perhaps @richbrown can ask when at Hethel tomorrow and clear up this green confusion with a clear statement from Lotus!
I received this in an email from customer care when asking directly about the disc colour samples I had seen. The statement ‘showing darker than real life’ could be interpreted a number of ways though.

We have been made aware the 'Verdant Green' Sample from the colour swatch sample, is showing darker than the the real life image, and Factory are working as fast and efficiently to ensure this is corrected and published accordingly. Once this has been rectified, we will publish this on our Lotus Cars website, and also reach out to all customers to advise.

Green with gold is my first choice. Black calipers.

bp green.png

Ps any other questions please let me know
I have a query I'd be grateful if you could ask. The electric driver's seat in the launch car wasn't working at the roadshow I went to, and although I was told it would be mounted lower in production, it wasn't clear how much of a difference this would make compared the pre-prod seat with non-functioning height adjustment. I think quite a few tall drivers are concerned about this. So, what I would like to know (and I should have thought to ask at the time) is how does the hip point of the driver with the production seat at the lowest setting in the Emira compare with the Evora or Exige? The h-point as it is known is a basic part of the design of any car interior so someone should be able to give a straight answer. I asked this of customer services last week - they said they would pass it onto the tech team and get back to me but so far they haven't. Any info on this gratefully received :)

Great idea Tom, @richbrown It was Alastair Florance, Group PR Manager, that told me the green discs were the wrong colour - too dark.

So, what most of us are hoping is that Rich Brown is going to tell us that Dark Verdant is actually Rich Green. :ROFLMAO:

I do like the shadow grey but I have to agree with what you say, it would just blend in with any other car and this car needs/deserves to be noticed- back to square 1 it is then 🤨
I'm afraid this is what i thought when i was ready to go with Nimbus ... i looked at the car park and grey and silver cars are by far the most popular on the boring brands. I think the car needs colour so it's RED or BLUE or YELLOW for me.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back