• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lots of water in the car door

I looked at my doors to confirm where the drain holes are. Mine are there in the drain spot shown in the first video at the very front of the door. The appears to be slightly curved to this low point. On mine it looked like they would drain whether the door is open or not but opening it may make the water slosh forward and drain more.
My car is a late dec23 build if those were added at some point.
View attachment 52477
Wow, I checked the bottom of my doors and they don't have that drain cavity. Instead, my doors have a couple of grommet plugs as shown in the picture. I never had the issue of water accumulation in my doors nor have I ever had water draining out when opening the doors which is something I would definitely notice on my garage floor, if they did. I don't have a paint blistering problem either. I pulled out one of the grommets to double check and it was bone dry inside and it did rain here in the last two days. Admittedly, I live in the most flat state, so I can't recall having ever parked in any significant incline during a rainy day. Nevertheless, our tropical rains here in South Florida are like bucket downpours, and my Emira has been exposed to at least a couple of big ones, so I imagine if my doors had a sealing issue, as is the unfortunate case with others here, I would have noticed it by now. Since your doors' bottom section are different, maybe they were indeed re-designed to address the problem, potentially along with other hidden sealing modifications, but I remain confused because my built date was just prior to yours (November 2023). Go figure...
IMG_1143.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back