• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Boss Quits

@Life411 (I am a big fan of your videos and writings about Lotus and other cars with similar ethos)

Regarding Lotus sportscar DESIGN; in recent days the very futuristic Theory 1 has emerged. Knowing well this isn’t destined to be an actual Lotus model for the streets & roads, it tells you what the current people in charge (designers and managers alike at Greeley/Lotus Technology mashed culture centers) is thinking about their vision of Lotus’ future.

Personally my own likes of what kind of electric sport car will be arriving from Britain in the not too distant future is the Caterham Project V. I will soon take delivery of my Dark Verdant / Tan interior Emira (i4) 2.0 Turbo FE (after waiting more than 3 years). I plan to keep it, enjoy it, and hopefully love it, for several years.

But I am already fond of the (to me) beautiful and analog feeling Project V. Unfortunately where Lotus seems to be heading is “not my cup of tea” 🤣😰😱
Lotus said at the beginning, the Emira is the last ice car from Lotus. This keeps getting debated on Lotus forums with hopes they are going to change direction. I agree many true Lotus fans will be left behind with this direction. We will see more EV’s being released for the future. Does that mean we won’t see a faster Emira? A GT version? Who knows? Unfortunately what we see could be it, in the end it depends how much money they keep losing.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back