Lotus Emira 2.0 Reverse gear issue

I have the issue with both reverse and drive gears. No matter how patient I am, I could try to engage gear 30 times and it still will not work. The only thing that I seem to be able to do to get out of the predicament is........for reverse gear failure, I try and engage drive 1st and move the car a few inches and then reverse will then work. Vice versa, if 'drive' gear fails, I engage reverse and move the car and then it usually engages. Very frustrating!
My i4 is booked for 4 recalls, one being the ECU recall in November. Not sure if this has anything to do with the gearbox but I certainly hope it does, as this seems to be happening a lot.

Hopefully you get your car sorted out. Mine was okay in forward gear but woeful, in reverse. Now a couple of quck taps on the lever and it engages the gear you requested, so much better!

My cars in the shop on Wed & Thu, getting an error message looked at and they are doing 4 recalls at the same time, one for the HVAC cover and 3 s/w updates, so hopefully one of those covers the gear change issue

Could I ask how proactive are Lotus regarding these recalls/updates, are they contacting you or is it a case of you having to contact the dealer to find out about them?

I happened to call with the dealer for another matter, when the service guy told me about the update. He said that he’d only just found out about it, hadn’t had any advance notice about it from Lotus.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back