• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Key Fob cases - initial run

Nice..but too costly for me. $80 plus $27 shipping for 1 cover.. $107
Very nice work though. I see something very similar for $40 online.
Not sure what you're referring to. I looked but didn't find anything close to Bancho's fob covers. AliExpress sells something that looks similar for about Can$67 + ship (french goat skin), but:

a) it's all one color (no contrasting stitching to better match an Emira with colored stitching)
b) it comes in pastel colors or black, so next to nothing that matches the Emira exterior colors
c) it doesn't come in alcantara (for people like me with an Emira alcantara interior)
d) we don't know their "return policy" whereas Bancho has stood behind his product and refunded/replaced where he thought it necessary
e) I'm not sure about the quality, so I don't know the finish nor if the fob case will allow unimpeded use of the 3 fob buttons. If you buy one, post your comments so we'll know.

Of interest, my dealer also sells Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and Aston Martin. He was so impressed by the quality of Bancho's fob case, he pulled out the alcantara fob case that came standard with a Bentley in his showroom, to show me that it looked just like Bancho's case. He's now considering providing a matching Bancho fob case for PR value, to anyone buying an Emira from his dealership (too late for me; lol).

Note: this is NOT a "paid advertisement" for Bancho's fob cases. He doesn't know I'm posting this and my only contact with him, was on this thread or when buying 2 of his Emira fob cases.

Finally, we all get to decide how we spend our hard-earned cash. I'm happy with my Bancho fob cover purchases and thought them worth the money, even after paying the delivery to Canada and the resultant cross-border fee. Do what's right for you.

Finally, we all get to decide how we spend our hard-earned cash. I'm happy with my Bancho fob cover purchases and thought them worth the money, even after paying the delivery to Canada and the resultant cross-border fee. Do what's right for you.
I get it, but I'm with him. I'm glad I got mine when I did because the gift box is a limited application value-added proposition. Great for dealerships or gift giving, but not for just a regular user and not at a fifty percent increase in cost. YMMV and I'm not here to spend any one else's money.

I didn't think that one very close to Bancho's. Here's the one from AliExpress I was referring to, which looks similar:

I didn't check eBay either. Anyway and as indicated before, you choose how you spend your dough and I'm not trying to sell anything; just expressing my $.02.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi all, thanks for the posts apologies just seen them now.

Appreciate it's not for everyone; there's options out there as linked above and I would recommend people to have a look.

As per some of the comments I would suggest the main thing I do differently is the number of variations (which I have developed based on feedback from you all). I have to pay upfront and stock 15 variations for the Emira now.

Where there have been issues, such as the Tan leather I tried out; I have also tried to do what I can to be fair to the community.

I only started producing these following requests from a couple of Emira owners who had seen the Eletre ones I do. I'm a Lotus owner who's just sort of fallen into this!

Like I said; they won't be for everyone, but for those that have bought I would like to think they are happy with the product and the service they have received 😊

Happy to support the community until it gets to the point that my products aren't of interest.

Thanks
Bancho

Hi all, thanks for the posts apologies just seen them now.

Appreciate it's not for everyone; there's options out there as linked above and I would recommend people to have a look.

As per some of the comments I would suggest the main thing I do differently is the number of variations (which I have developed based on feedback from you all). I have to pay upfront and stock 15 variations for the Emira now.

Where there have been issues, such as the Tan leather I tried out; I have also tried to do what I can to be fair to the community.

I only started producing these following requests from a couple of Emira owners who had seen the Eletre ones I do. I'm a Lotus owner who's just sort of fallen into this!

Like I said; they won't be for everyone, but for those that have bought I would like to think they are happy with the product and the service they have received 😊

Happy to support the community until it gets to the point that my products aren't of interest.

Thanks
Bancho
Mine is great and it gets nothing but positive feedback.

I received mine yesterday and it looks great.
20240625_180925.jpg

Wait a minute Netsinah, last I checked, your Canadian $.02 is really worth only about $.01 to us in the US and even a bit less in the Uk and EU. 🤭

Absolutely love these and just about to order a couple. A quick question for the community, do the alcantara ones suffer as a result of greasy / sweaty hands or do they keep the new look. I'd prefer them but think the leather might be more practical (just like my steering wheel unfortunately!)

Absolutely love these and just about to order a couple. A quick question for the community, do the alcantara ones suffer as a result of greasy / sweaty hands or do they keep the new look. I'd prefer them but think the leather might be more practical (just like my steering wheel unfortunately!)
I like the look of alcantara better but got the leather for those exact reasons. Have to touch the fob every time you lock/unlock so may wear the alcantara over time

Not with my car just yet but received it a couple of days ago, really amazing quality and also service from @Bancho !

@Bancho I recommend you add a pic of the back on your website too. the framed lotus logo looks real slick! also a pic for each combination!

will help sway people who navigate to the page organically instead of from here

im having a hard time choosing between red leather and alcantara + red stitch

@Bancho I recommend you add a pic of the back on your website too. the framed lotus logo looks real slick! also a pic for each combination!

will help sway people who navigate to the page organically instead of from here

im having a hard time choosing between red leather and alcantara + red stitch
Agreed, I love seeing the community photos on here.. have to say @Gprodigy photos definitely show it off well! 😍

I have to be careful regarding posting photos with the Lotus logo due to trademark issues, hence I just keep to the front for my listed photos.

Honestly 99% of my Emira orders come through from this forum, Facebook groups or word of mouth.. So I'm heavily reliant and thankful to the community for spreading the positive feedback and photos!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back