• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Key?

From what I've read, the key being in proximity to the car proactively wakes the car systems and prepares it to be driven
I think you have to open the door to actually “wake” the car.
The screens certainly don’t come on until the door is opened.

Mine doesn’t show any evidence of waking up until I press one of the buttons on the key. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t of course but I don’t see any evidence of anything happening. The only thing which wakes up with proximity is if I get near the car with my phone which is acting as a tag for the tracker and the phone app tells me the tracker has detected the phone tag. I would assume a similar handshake happens with the physical tag.

I think you have to open the door to actually “wake” the car.
The screens certainly don’t come on until the door is opened.
It certainly does start up something after unlocking using the fob. Apart from the obvious light show outside, the interior fan starts blowing at max until you open the door

A solution for the key fob issue which may work for you. I have managed to attach two 8mm split rings enabling other items to be neatly attached to the key fob. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• BA77FBD8-02D0-43F1-82F2-E63A47068C0F.jpeg
    BA77FBD8-02D0-43F1-82F2-E63A47068C0F.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 93
  • F5CD9DDD-D950-4E24-8612-07523D4CA39C.jpeg
    F5CD9DDD-D950-4E24-8612-07523D4CA39C.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 92