• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Key?

Going to be a few midlife crisis boxes being ticked with this car surely 😅
What... are guys worried a woman is going to come up to them and say "Is that a Lotus Emira keyfob in your pocket, or are you glad to see me?" There's something to be said about brand identity lol.

You should be able to set up the Scorpion Tracker to use your mobile phone as the recognition tag, To avoid carrying around the bulky provided one
This is new information to me. To be clear, my cell phone will be able to control security functions on the Emira via an app connected to the tracker?

This is new information to me. To be clear, my cell phone will be able to control security functions on the Emira via an app connected to the tracker?
For UK cars that come with a Scorpion Tracker, The car will not start unless the driver identification tag is inside the vehicle. The tag is another bulky plastic thing you’re gonna have to carry around. But I have read that scorpion does have the ability for you to use your phone through Bluetooth to act as your identification tag, so you only need to have your phone with you to be able to start the vehicle

Your phone can only operate the security functions for the tracker

My god that thing is ugly, even next to an ugly BMW key

Hope the Emira supports the Bluetooth version

Attachments

• ScorpionTrack_S5_PLUS.png
    ScorpionTrack_S5_PLUS.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 143
If anyone gets a chance to photo the key again sometime, please hold it next to some size reference like a piece of currency or a credit card. (unless the actual dimensions are known, in which case let me know)

For UK cars that come with a Scorpion Tracker, The car will not start unless the driver identification tag is inside the vehicle. The tag is another bulky plastic thing you’re gonna have to carry around. But I have read that scorpion does have the ability for you to use your phone through Bluetooth to act as your identification tag, so you only need to have your phone with you to be able to start the vehicle

Your phone can only operate the security functions for the tracker
This is great news.

You should be able to set up the Scorpion Tracker to use your mobile phone as the recognition tag, To avoid carrying around the bulky provided one
I really hope so, that would be great. The Lotus & Scorpion websites don’t do a great job of explaining the model/functionality, if I remember I’ll try asking Scorpion!

From Scorpion Facebook page - Looks like a recent feature that hasn’t made it into the online manual yet…..
Great investigative work 😀 I just asked Scorpion on live chat, the model fitted to the Emira does support using your phone as the ADR fob which is a nice feature. Lotus chat said the tracker option includes a years subscription.

Great investigative work 😀 I just asked Scorpion on live chat, the model fitted to the Emira does support using your phone as the ADR fob which is a nice feature.
That’s a relief.

I’ve been worried about the immobiliser fob since the beginning.

Still going to be enough of a pain dragging that massive key around without it.

I hope the tracker works down under!
Was not sure it would work I’m USA so did not select that option
However I Spoke to someone at Scorpion yesterday and they assured me it works worldwide.
Cost to add it later if not selected from Lotus is $600 plus installation. You also get 2 year subscription

Was not sure it would work I’m USA so did not select that option
However I Spoke to someone at Scorpion yesterday and they assured me it works worldwide.
Cost to add it later if not selected from Lotus is $600 plus installation. You also get 2 year subscription
I didn’t opt for it initially, but the insurance company here in the UK has told me I have to have it

I’m contacting scorpion to see if they can do a subscription deal for Emira owners who didn’t take up the factory fitted option

Key is quite large, but it is quite thin and very smooth with rounded edges.
Actually its comfy in jeans pocket, even with the scorpoin tag.
Gonna struggle fitting to a keyring unless its a string type as in the photo. I doubt a standard metal keyring would ever fit, so dont bother buying a Lotus keyring.
As a side note, I picked up my Dark Verdant/Tan combo last Friday from Hethel. It is a beautiful car and I absolutely love it...the long wait gave me time to build the garage to keep it in.... :)

Attachments

• zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Emira.jpg
    Emira.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Emira2.jpg
    Emira2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Key is quite large, but it is quite thin and very smooth with rounded edges.
Actually its comfy in jeans pocket, even with the scorpoin tag.
Gonna struggle fitting to a keyring unless its a string type as in the photo. I doubt a standard metal keyring would ever fit, so dont bother buying a Lotus keyring.
As a side note, I picked up my Dark Verdant/Tan combo last Friday from Hethel. It is a beautiful car and I absolutely love it...the long wait gave me time to build the garage to keep it in.... :)
That string lanyard thing on the keys has sharp edges. Putting this in your pocket, your keys will be all scratched, so poor in removed it immediately.

That tag is from the Optional vehicle-tracking system that you can add in Configurator?
What does it do exactly? Isn't there a phone app that you can use instead?