• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Key?

£4.91 from eBay. Perfect quality.

AECBBB7B-2BCC-4695-8A1F-FFED21331BC1.jpeg

Not an exact colour match, but at the price I can live with that.

That looks like the one I seen from memory
Well most peculiar thing happens just now.😓 As I still have doubts of it's authenticity I googled and this came up in a Chinese online dealing site:
12885d22a15edaa645d93f9622e31ad.png
eeb84c747902de6f30492071b0ece48.png

They are selling them here: https://m.made-in-china.com/product...er-Case-Silicon-Car-Key-Cover-1931860382.html

It looks weirdly between fraudulent and believable as there is the little NYO that Chinese market lotus are bond to add for trademark issues. It also has “FOR THE DRIVERS” slogan on the side. Yet I find it‘s a slightly underwhelming design, at least not to the level of the beautiful EMIRA and Type132s.

Also If this is real then some supplier somewhere would have breached all legal & moral responsibility there is and is a pretty serious offense. So I confirmed with, let's say, my source near Lotus who said this is definitely a fake.

Any input guys? 😳

Last edited:
Interesting. The description says that it is a TPU cover, so not the actual key fob itself. Is there a cut along the side or something? I don't see a zipper. :D
I have nothing against businesses making and selling such accessories, but personally don't prefer the soft touch of TPU on a key fob, plus the increased mass caused by "covering" it.

Well most peculiar thing happens just now.😓 As I still have doubts of it's authenticity I googled and this came up in a Chinese online dealing site:
View attachment 3284View attachment 3283
They are selling them here: https://m.made-in-china.com/product...er-Case-Silicon-Car-Key-Cover-1931860382.html

It looks weirdly between fraudulent and believable as there is the little NYO that Chinese market lotus are bond to add for trademark issues. It also has “FOR THE DRIVERS” slogan on the side. Yet to me it‘s still not a well designed item, at least not to the level of the beautiful EMIRA and Type132s.

Also If this is real then some supplier somewhere would have breached all legal & moral responsibility there is and is a pretty serious offense. So I confirmed with, let's say, my source near Lotus who said this is definitely a fake.

Any input guys? 😳
Stranger things have happened in regards to dealer product leaking to third parties as a copy before actually being released...
I'm hoping for something more premium in look and feel, but guess not long til we find out now!
Aluminium billet and some back lit crystal type effect would be nice like the Aston. But won't hold my breath 😁

View attachment 3284View attachment 3283

It looks weirdly between fraudulent and believable as there is the little NYO that Chinese market lotus are bond to add for trademark issues. It also has “FOR THE DRIVERS” slogan on the side. Yet I find it‘s a slightly underwhelming design, at least not to the level of the beautiful EMIRA and Type132s.

Any input guys? 😳
It’s actually a nice looking key fob so if that is fake, they’ve done a good job in my opinion. I’m curious to see what Lotus has come up with. Good research and work, Autopsy!

As long as it isn't enormous and doesn't look like chromed-plastic tat, I'll be happy. K.I.S.S. I'm not going to be paying much attention to my fob if a) it is tucked in my pocket most of the time (yay, keyless start), and b) I have the actual car to ogle at. :)

The main thing I'm looking forward to is not having a "flip out" style key that keeps popping open inside my pocket and stabbing me / gradually ripping holes in my jeans pockets.

Yes but unlike Lotus you don’t have to take out your key to get into the car…..
I have to agree with Paul on this. Stupid omission. For people who live in cold climates, you have to take your gloves off to hit the key fob buttons, whereas you can get your gloves to fit the door handle for keyless access. If Lotus could have done keyless access and blind spot assist for FE, I would be a happy camper :(

Yes but unlike Lotus you don’t have to take out your key to get into the car…..

Yep.. keyless/touch entry should be standard. I feel as though if $20k economy cars have certain features, so should $100k+ vehicles. The tech doesn't add weight, so there's no reason to not have that feature other than cost-cutting.

My '17 GTI has adaptive self-leveling headlights, keyless/touch entry, keyless push button start, heated seats, switchable sport/tour/eco modes, motion sensitive touch screen (seriously.. wave your hand in front of the media screen and menus appear), power folding mirrors, auto dimming mirrors, etc.... all this tech in a $30k economy sports car. My wife's '20 GLI has all the ADAS safety stuff, multi color ambient lighting, digital guages that are fully customizable, etc.. Granted VW's parts bin includes Audi and Porsche parts, but still...

Now I'm buying a $100k sports car that's 6 MY newer than my GTI and it doesn't have some of these features. Kinda lame, but I guess there's the trade off. Previous Lotus owners will tell me to be happy there are cup holders, but that's not good enough for a manufacturer that wants to expand and attract new customers.

Last edited:
Yep.. keyless/touch entry should be standard. I feel as though if $20k economy cars have certain features, so should $100k+ vehicles. The tech doesn't add weight, so there's no reason to not have that feature other than cost-cutting.

My '17 GTI has adaptive self-leveling headlights, keyless/touch entry, keyless push button start, heated seats, switchable sport/tour/eco modes, motion sensitive touch screen (seriously.. wave your hand in front of the media screen and menus appear), power folding mirrors, auto dimming mirrors, etc.... all this tech in a $30k economy sports car. My wife's '20 GLI has all the ADAS safety stuff, multi color ambient lighting, digital guages that are fully customizable, etc.. Granted VW's parts bin includes Audi and Porsche parts, but still...

Now I'm buying a $100k sports car that's 6 MY newer than my GTI and it doesn't have some of these features. Kinda lame, but I guess there's the trade off. Previous Lotus owners will tell me to be happy there are cup holders, but that's not good enough for a manufacturer that wants to expand and attract new customers.
If we could specify with a proper 'key' to go into an ignition, then I'd vote for that every day of the week :)
What is it with just wanting more and more gimmicks, screens, and gadgets? Just more to go wrong, frustrate the driver, and be out-dated next year. Well that's just my opinion of course. I still can't wait for August when I get mine.......

there's no reason to not have that feature other than cost-cutting.
Well, there is another reason - some of us don’t want these features.

Personally, I don’t want keyless entry because of the security issues.
Keyless go can be a pain as well sometimes (eg: if the car stalls).
Haptic ”buttons” seem to be trendy but are horrible in practice.
ADAS I’m fine without. I’d rather be paying attention.

By all means make this stuff optional, cost extras for those that want it but I’d rather not spend money on things that I don’t want/won’t use.

Well, there is another reason - some of us don’t want these features.

Personally, I don’t want keyless entry because of the security issues.
Keyless go can be a pain as well sometimes (eg: if the car stalls).
Haptic ”buttons” seem to be trendy but are horrible in practice.
ADAS I’m fine without. I’d rather be paying attention.

By all means make this stuff optional, cost extras for those that want it but I’d rather not spend money on things that I don’t want/won’t use.
Spot on (y)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back