• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Key?

Yes you can use your phone as the tracker tag. My tags live permanently in the house now.
If you do use the tracker tags you aren’t supposed to tie them to your key for obvious reasons.
I used the string lanyard to secure the key to the small case I keep it in.
Photos in my journal thread (can’t work out how to link to them across the forum).

Photos in my journal thread (can’t work out how to link to them across the forum).

You can go to your journal and copy the url like this….

…or go to a specific post and use the share icon (open-sided triangle) to copy the link to that post.

Yes you can use your phone as the tracker tag. My tags live permanently in the house now.
If you do use the tracker tags you aren’t supposed to tie them to your key for obvious reasons.
I used the string lanyard to secure the key to the small case I keep it in.
Photos in my journal thread (can’t work out how to link to them across the forum)
I do keep my tag separate like yourself but when I asked the scorpion engineer who came out to reset the system. He said that the tag can be attached to the keys because it’s more likely someone steals your car by scanning the signals rather than physically breaking in for your keys. If they do, you know the cars been stolen any way. Which kinda makes sense. If the tag is an immobiliser/tracker that would be a definitely an improvement.

The phone tag is temperamental and the app drains your phone battery when the phone tag is enabled.

I do keep my tag separate like yourself but when I asked the scorpion engineer who came out to reset the system. He said that the tag can be attached to the keys because it’s more likely someone steals your car by scanning the signals rather than physically breaking in for your keys. If they do, you know the cars been stolen any way. Which kinda makes sense. If the tag is an immobiliser/tracker that would be a definitely an improvement.

The phone tag is temperamental and the app drains your phone battery when the phone tag is enabled.
Well each to their own I suppose and if you don’t use the phone tracker than clipping the tag to the key is a convenience.
I have been using the phone as the tag since I got the car and can’t say I have noticed a drain on the phone. The scorpion manual is out of date and doesn’t really cover the phone as a tag but I’m ok with how it works. Certainly saves having to carry the tag around. I did have to delete and reload the app when I first got it to get full functionality.

For those who want to store the Emira key relatively near to the car, has anyone experimented with a Faraday cage or Faraday bag to keep the key from "waking" the car's systems?

For those who want to store the Emira key relatively near to the car, has anyone experimented with a Faraday cage or Faraday bag to keep the key from "waking" the car's systems?
I store the keys in a faraday bag relatively near the car. But what do you mean by waking the cars systems? How when cars locked and your keys are stored in a bag?

Anybody else? Any solution? I have the phone tag switched on permanently on my iPhone. Most times I go out in the car, I get a phone call from Scorpion. The phone app connects and disconnects as soon as I’m in/out of the car. Tried to adjust the sensitivity but not much luck either. I have it 1/4 way from low sensitivity.

I noticed that as soon as I unlock the car, apple car play connects when I have my phone in my pocket. So when apple play connects over wifi, blue tooth disconnects. Could this be the problem for the phone tag seeing that it operates via Bluetooth? No blue tooth signal (or delays) can cause a false alarm.

I don't want to hijack the tread, but it seems like the best place to ask... any recommendations for a box, not a bag, that I can put the keys into when home? When out of the house, do I really need a key fob cover or something? if so, whats good and looks nice?

1678821312471.jpeg

Anybody else? Any solution? I have the phone tag switched on permanently on my iPhone. Most times I go out in the car, I get a phone call from Scorpion. The phone app connects and disconnects as soon as I’m in/out of the car. Tried to adjust the sensitivity but not much luck either. I have it 1/4 way from low sensitivity.

I noticed that as soon as I unlock the car, apple car play connects when I have my phone in my pocket. So when apple play connects over wifi, blue tooth disconnects. Could this be the problem for the phone tag seeing that it operates via Bluetooth? No blue tooth signal (or delays) can cause a false alarm.
I use the phone tag and it works perfectly every time.

One possibly crucial difference I have to most people is that I’m not using the Lotus app.

I have a bike with a Datatool tracker (same as Scorpion) and when I got the Emira it appeared in the Datatool app automatically (I assume because of my email address).
I manage both vehicles in the same Datatool branded app.

Could the problem be with the Lotus app? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling?

Last edited:

I keep my sensitivity set at about the half way point.
Apple car play in my car does the same as you described. Doesn’t seem to cause an issue for the tracker.
Have you sat in the car and phoned Scorpion so they can see what’s going on at their end?
Also, have you tried putting the tags in a metal box wherever they are in your house? Contention between the tag and the phone?

I use the phone tag and it works perfectly every time.

One possibility crucial difference I have to most people is that I’m not using the Lotus app.

I have a bike with a Datatool tracker (same as Scorpion) and when I got the Emira it appeared in the Datatool app automatically (I assume because of my email address).
I manage both vehicles in the same Datatool branded app.

Could the problem be with the Lotus app? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling?
No but will try and delete/reinstall the app. Thank you

I keep my sensitivity set at about the half way point.
Apple car play in my car does the same as you described. Doesn’t seem to cause an issue for the tracker.
Have you sat in the car and phoned Scorpion so they can see what’s going on at their end?
Also, have you tried putting the tags in a metal box wherever they are in your house? Contention between the tag and the phone?
I’ll give it a try. Thanks

I store the keys in a faraday bag relatively near the car. But what do you mean by waking the cars systems? How when cars locked and your keys are stored in a bag?
Sorry I missed this comment before.

From what I've read, the key being in proximity to the car proactively wakes the car systems and prepares it to be driven. So if the key is stored in a location near the vehicle it will wake itself periodically throughout the day and night, running down the vehicle's battery and leaving you potentially unable to drive it.

The solution is apparently to keep the key at a significant distance from the car, or shield the key somehow to prevent it from handshaking with the vehicle.

From what I've read, the key being in proximity to the car proactively wakes the car systems and prepares it to be driven. So if the key is stored in a location near the vehicle it will wake itself periodically throughout the day and night, running down the vehicle's battery and leaving you potentially unable to drive it.

The solution is apparently to keep the key at a significant distance from the car, or shield the key somehow to prevent it from handshaking with the vehicle.
I posted this in a different thread but i use these to shield the key from thieves using relay and to stop the key and car talking to each other when I don’t want them to. The phone one is better than the car key one as it is big enough for two large keys/fobs.

Defender Signal Blocker - RFID Faraday Pouch - Phone Case Signal Blocking Device - Car Key Signal Blocker Pouch Security Case - Faraday Bag For Car Keys Mobile Phone Cards (2 x Pack, Black) https://amzn.eu/d/blnH0gc

I didn’t it even know it wakes up the cars systems if the car is locked. I keep it in a faraday bag and all is good. Just make sure that boot lid is shut properly.