• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Key?

Huh! I did a search on Keyless Go and it does indeed show up on certain Lotuscars.com pages. This is interesting because Keyless Go is a registered trademark for Diamler corporation. It specifically includes unlocking/locking by touching the door handles and is an upgrade over their Keyless Start system, which only includes keyless starting of the car, and is also a registered trademark.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that Diamler was able to get these trademarks registered in the first place since they are merely descriptive.
Owner of Geely is the largest single shareholder of Daimler…

I suspect keyless-go means the door will unlock when you walk near it. Otherwise Keyless start would have been mentioned

Last edited:
Wow I thought everyone saw the key, I saw it and held it also, the Grey demo car have the key but it's not finalised key, it's missing some parts but overall it's the real deal like someone posted a Japanese video showing it, I remember it was missing the small physical key thing at the top and some aesthetic parts of it

I think the Asian markets may have a different key version.
Please, anyone, when you get to test drive the production car, also make a photo of the actual key. : )

Having just lost my wife’s ‘20 Audi Q3 mini black brick keyless fob at a replacement cost of $900+ $200 labor to bind to vehicle I vote for a simple brass stick in ignition key.

holy cow, my acura key was only $250

i like my lexus credit card style key. in my wallet and don’t need to carry as a separate item

Last edited:
holy cow, my acura key was only $250

i like my lexus credit card style key. in my wallet and don’t need to carry as a separate item
Yikes, I paid only $150 for an authentic all-metal BMW X5M key to use for my M2 Comp. I donated my plastic fantastic chintzy standard M2 Competition spare key so the guy could swap the internals.

It's shocking to me that the standard keys for an M2 Competition are the same as a base F30 3 Series.

What's interesting to me is every car that uses an AMG engine(Paganis & Aston Martins)comes with just a Mecedes key wraped in their respective branding shell. You can see clearly from how buttons are arranged.

So if Emira got a original design key with the i4 AMG engine it will be a first.

My only key priority is that it foils relay thefts, e.g. only transmits when it is being moved jiggled and silent when motionless in your dwelling be it hanging in your trousers off back of chair or in your bedside table etc.

Yikes, I paid only $150 for an authentic all-metal BMW X5M key to use for my M2 Comp. I donated my plastic fantastic chintzy standard M2 Competition spare key so the guy could swap the internals.

It's shocking to me that the standard keys for an M2 Competition are the same as a base F30 3 Series.
Yeah my M4 Comp was the same. Cheap rubbish keys.

I would find it strange if the AMG Version will have a different key compared with the V6 Version.
It it possible but kind of unlikely...

Finally!

20220530_100134.jpg

Yeah my M4 Comp was the same. Cheap rubbish keys.
Yeah I ended up getting a custom X5M (the all metal one) key FOB made using the internals from the disgustingly cheap plastic M2 Comp key.

You'd think for an M car they would just default to the nicer metal X5M key, and not use the same keys from base model 2/3/4 Series.

Crikey, it's big enough that you could bludgeon somebody to death with that... if you were so inclined. Allegedly.

I can only assume this is to foil anyone who thinks they can still get away with wearing tight jeans.

Crikey, it's big enough that you could bludgeon somebody to death with that... if you were so inclined. Allegedly.

I can only assume this is to foil anyone who thinks they can still get away with wearing tight jeans.
Going to be a few midlife crisis boxes being ticked with this car surely 😅

I was thinking the same, with the tracker fob attached it will be like a medieval flail

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back