Lotus Emira Key?

One of the things I do miss about the old cars was the leather key fob with the car company's logo on it. It always looked cool seeing it hanging down from the ignition switch, especially if the switch was on the dashboard and not on the steering column. The combination of the logo on the horn button, the wooden shift knob, and the key fob just oozed the idea of sports car. If it had a gorgeous wooden dash, then it was pure British class.

View attachment 1848
Gorgeous - Elan +2?

Interesting to read the differing views/opinions on the importance of having, or not having, a "Keyless Entry/Go" system.

Don't mind either way as long as it can be switched on or off at will via the OBDII port or via dash config options. Personally, I have had all variants, and have switched it off if the vehicle in question is statistically proven to be subject to relay attacks, which makes vehicle theft much easier.

The reconfigurability also extends to all safety systems that modern cars seem to be plagued with, and serve to be very annoying, and distracting, when on the move.

I like old-school cars, but technology is my profession, so fairly good at adopting technology, but at the same time can see the pitfalls, mainly around security, in the solutions adopted so far.

Looked more like the second picture but looked higher end. More angular than the below and totally black buttons. View attachment 839
Sorry to dig up an older tread but just came across this today and was wondering if this looks legit?
D9796002-93A9-4EE2-B7AE-FF17A8403E9F.jpeg

Having just lost my wifeโ€™s โ€˜20 Audi Q3 mini black brick keyless fob at a replacement cost of $900+ $200 labor to bind to vehicle I vote for a simple brass stick in ignition key.
No a chance, with all of the up today technology and the attention they paid to the cover of the start bottom and shift paddles. I wager it will be feel great in your hands. ๐Ÿ˜€

Iโ€™d accept any of these. But would be even cooler if the chrome accents were matched to the carโ€™s chosen exterior. Maybe anodized aluminum
Porsche letโ€™s you change the key color to match the car color, maybe lotus will do the same. I am sure it was discussed. Time will tell.

Sun cost parts Porsche sells the painted white side or yellow for 119.95. Did not know you could purchase a matching case.. thanks for the information ๐Ÿ˜€

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back