• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Key?

Managed to see it today at Parks of Hamilton, they had the details on an iPad. Was nice looking, silver body with black recess and three buttons. Reminded me a little of an Aston Martin key minus the glass. Key will be keyless start but not keyless entry.
I assume when you say "no keyless entry," that you mean the fob must be used to lock and unlock the car? A physical key does not need to be used to unlock the car, correct?
If this is the case, the car has keyless entry, just not passive keyless entry.
Clarification is appreciated.

I assume when you say "no keyless entry," that you mean the fob must be used to lock and unlock the car? A physical key does not need to be used to unlock the car, correct?
If this is the case, the car has keyless entry, just not passive keyless entry.
Clarification is appreciated.
Yeah you are correct it just requires the fob to be used. Not an actual key.

What about the start/stop button. How did you find the quality of the red cover on top of it? Can you easily lift it and stay up there?

What about the start/stop button. How did you find the quality of the red cover on top of it? Can you easily lift it and stay up there?
The flap over the button is sprung so it closes once you've started the car. It's supposed to protect you from leaning on it

Makes sense, but on the Bahrain video of the grey car it's not, so who knows???
Oh that is weird, the one I sat in definitely had it sprung 😅

Kinda annoying they haven't got keyless entry given its standard on so many cars these days. Another thing to add to the list of standard tech the emira is missing. Hopefully the drive makes up for it

By keyless entry, do you mean being able to open the door without pressing the button on the fob provided it is close to the car? Or do you mean being able to unlock using the fob from a distance without inserting a key into a lock?

It’s got the latter but not the former. That seems OK to me.

Looked more like the second picture but looked higher end. More angular than the below and totally black buttons. View attachment 839
This is the point I made earlier cos that Geely fob has an uncanny resemblance to the start/stop button. I don’t think it’s a coincidence

Managed to see it today at Parks of Hamilton, they had the details on an iPad. Was nice looking, silver body with black recess and three buttons. Reminded me a little of an Aston Martin key minus the glass. Key will be keyless start but not keyless entry.
What? No keyless entry? If I have to freaking take my key out and push a button just to open my door I’m out. This is not 1996. My 8 year old bmw does this.

Oh that is weird, the one I sat in definitely had it sprung 😅

Kinda annoying they haven't got keyless entry given its standard on so many cars these days. Another thing to add to the list of standard tech the emira is missing. Hopefully the drive makes up for it
yeah I’ve not had to pull my key fob out of the pocket in the last 20 yrs :cautious:

Are people saying the Emira won’t have a traditional key that can be removed from the fob to operate a traditional lock when needed? I thought that was a requirement in the US, being a safety issue.

What? No keyless entry? If I have to freaking take my key out and push a button just to open my door I’m out. This is not 1996. My 8 year old bmw does this.
Agreed. This is mind-boggling to me in 2021, especially since they clearly have the tech in the car with the push-start button.

Are people saying the Emira won’t have a traditional key that can be removed from the fob to operate a traditional lock when needed? I thought that was a requirement in the US, being a safety issue.
2020 Audi Q3 has a metal pop out key on the fob but no (0) key hole on doors or ignition column. Totally pointless.

2020 Audi Q3 has a metal pop out key on the fob but no (0) key hole on doors or ignition column. Totally pointless.
There has to be, look in the owners manual. Usually on the door handle it's hidden under a removable cover, and in my old Audi, inside the cabin look for a key with a wireless symbol. That's where you place the dead fob and depress the brake and start at the same time (or something like that anyway)

The issue is you need to be able to get inside the car even if there is no power or if the fob malfunctions. I’m pretty sure this is required in the United States. It doesn’t have to open the drivers door but does need to open some door.

Agreed. This is mind-boggling to me in 2021, especially since they clearly have the tech in the car with the push-start button.
You can always push the button with the key fob in your pocket 🤣🤣🤣