• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Members from the Carolinas

Nice! I think we actually briefly met at the test drive in Winston last year, you had the second test drive of the day? I’ll be swinging by flow lotus on Wednesday to see v2 colors and submit my configuration for hopefully summer delivery. They still aren’t allowed to release the cars right?
I don't remember which test drive I had. The person I did talk to (if it was you) had a number in the 80's or something like that. Not sure if that was you.

I don't remember which test drive I had. The person I did talk to (if it was you) had a number in the 80's or something like that. Not sure if that was you.
Yep that was me! I test drove the hethel yellow car right before you. Good to hear you are finally going to be getting your car, it is about time! It sounds like you were able to change your spec? I remember you were a bit hesitant on the dark verdant but I thought was locked in. I also am probably ordering nimbus, tan interior, black wheels, yellow calipers. Will be checking out mist white swatch on Wednesday before final decision

Yep that was me! I test drove the hethel yellow car right before you. Good to hear you are finally going to be getting your car, it is about time! It sounds like you were able to change your spec? I remember you were a bit hesitant on the dark verdant but I thought was locked in. I also am probably ordering nimbus, tan interior, black wheels, yellow calipers. Will be checking out mist white swatch on Wednesday before final decision
Ha, small world. Glad to hear you can order now! I wish Lotus had all the colors that are available now when I ordered way back in 2021. The green is too dark, I saw it in person a couple months ago. As for me getting my car, I have no confidence in any timeframe. It will probably sit at the dealer for a couple months. Who knows when they will get certification and can sell them, but yeah, at least it is built and here now, or on its way.

Connected with Daniel. That one is mine!

That's amazing!! Have you scheduled your 'visit' to go see your car? Congrats man.

We definitely need to get together once mine arrives. We probably live 10 minutes apart. I'm off of Antioch Church Rd. in Weddington.

That's amazing!! Have you scheduled your 'visit' to go see your car? Congrats man.

We definitely need to get together once mine arrives. We probably live 10 minutes apart. I'm off of Antioch Church Rd. in Weddington.
Heading over tomorrow around lunch time. He said it's filthy but I don't care.

We should definitely get together once we all have our cars. im over off 12 mile Creek south of weddington Rd. I was betting you were in aero plantation with that profile picture...

Heading over tomorrow around lunch time. He said it's filthy but I don't care.

We should definitely get together once we all have our cars. im over off 12 mile Creek south of weddington Rd. I was betting you were in aero plantation with that profile picture...
Ha! I love the houses in Aero Plantation but the runway is too short and wonky for the planes I fly.

I keep a plane hangared at the Monroe Executive Airport which is only a 15 minute drive away from the house. Planes and cars are my hobbies! I should have picked less expensive things.

3 just unloaded from the truck when I was checking out my DV at Charlotte Lotus.

Congratulations to whoever among you are the lucky owners!

Attachments

• PXL_20231213_171659320.jpg
    PXL_20231213_171659320.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 52
Ha, small world. Glad to hear you can order now! I wish Lotus had all the colors that are available now when I ordered way back in 2021. The green is too dark, I saw it in person a couple months ago. As for me getting my car, I have no confidence in any timeframe. It will probably sit at the dealer for a couple months. Who knows when they will get certification and can sell them, but yeah, at least it is built and here now, or on its way.
For what it's worth, I met up with Ken today to submit the final config. They had 3 cars delivered total so far (I think one is shadow grey, one is nimbus (not your spec), not sure of last one). I saw one of them for literally 2 minutes that i think just arrived before it was hidden away. They are parking the cars somewhere safe and leaving them on trickle chargers, so i'm sure they are being well cared for. It's not like they are sitting on the showroom floor for everyone to look at/touch. He's expecting January for the certifications to go through but as you know, Lotus, so we will see.

For what it's worth, I met up with Ken today to submit the final config. They had 3 cars delivered total so far (I think one is shadow grey, one is nimbus (not your spec), not sure of last one). I saw one of them for literally 2 minutes that i think just arrived before it was hidden away. They are parking the cars somewhere safe and leaving them on trickle chargers, so i'm sure they are being well cared for. It's not like they are sitting on the showroom floor for everyone to look at/touch. He's expecting January for the certifications to go through but as you know, Lotus, so we will see.
Thanks. I am calling in the next day or two to check on the second shipment. I was #4 but he said Lotus did not build them in the order they were received, so just another nice unpleasant piece of information. So we'll see.

My Emira arrived at Lotus Cape Fear, as the date is coming closer once CARB is passed and there are probably multiple from the Raleigh area, how about sharing an Uber XL to avoid the spouse/buddy alone drive back. I just looked at rates and it is surprisingly affordable between $110.- and $170.- bucks. Beats a one way rental, as those are $170 plus fuel, and most likely an airport dropoff/pickup.

PM me know if you are interested, I am thinking the first Sat after CARB approval. I am in the Wake Forest area, but no issues in getting dropped off somewhere closer to Raleigh/East Side of Raleigh…..

Last edited:
My Emira arrived at Lotus Cape Fear, as the date is coming closer once CARB is passed and there are probably multiple from the Raleigh area, how about sharing an Uber XL to avoid the spouse/buddy alone drive back. I just looked at rates and it is surprisingly affordable between $110.- and $170.- bucks. Beats a one way rental, as those are $170 plus fuel, and most likely an airport dropoff/pickup.

let me know if amybody is interested, I am thinking the first Sat after CARB approval. I am in the Wake Forest area, but no issues in getting dropped off somewhere closer to Raleigh/East Side of Raleigh…..
Amtrak Thruway and Greyhound bus service both go between Raleigh and Wilmington. Way cheaper option, and reasonably comfortable.

Here's a Greyhound example for January 20th.

1000029031.png

Last edited:
Haha I updated the above post. They've changed Thruway so it has to include a train segment. Some weird crap in their charter. See my Greyhound example above.
Yes, much more reasonable😀, and the bus station is only 1.1 miles from Lotus Cape Fear, awesome

Last edited:
I think a carpool would be fun if we're able to pick up on the same day. I'm not sure how many deliveries they'll be able to accommodate at one time but if it works out with Cape Fear, I'm in.

I think a carpool would be fun if we're able to pick up on the same day. I'm not sure how many deliveries they'll be able to accommodate at one time but if it works out with Cape Fear, I'm in.
Depends on my allocation getting in in time. If so, I’m up for it. Wake Forest.

Last edited: