📓 Journals My Emira Vlog

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

@Life411

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I like the idea of keeping and sharing a chronological journal of my ownership experience. My preferred medium is video though, so I'll include videos as they are published. Not exactly sure how to share the videos so that they don't get lost in pages of commentary, so this might involve some experimentation. Helpful tips welcome!

These are the videos I've published since taking delivery on May 24th, 2024:

I generally keep my cars pretty stock with the exception of things that excite the senses (sight, sound). So I'm considering the cat delete that @K_Squared installed and might add some body effects or graphics at some point. But unless I could add 100hp in one fell swoop, those small incremental improvements in power or handling don't add enough for me over the joy and excitement of the stock Emira.

My daughter was over helping me design a decal for the Emira to guide folks to my YT channel. This is her trying to make sure the QR code was readable from a follow car. This is not the final design, so please don't judge...
PXL_20240712_171018364.jpg

Just got the personalized plate for my Emira, so did a quick photo shoot. Whaddya think?
Lotus 1 and 2 Emira and Elise b.jpg

Lotus 1 and 2 Emira and Elise e.jpg

Lotus 1 and 2 Emira and Elise d.jpg

Out in the Emira during Hurricane Debbie yesterday and back home safely. The Emira is a looker! As I was running to the car in the pouring rain, another guy also trying to stay dry had to stop and tell me what an awesome car it is. Hurricanes be damned!
PXL_20240808_165205886.jpg

I bought a front/rear 360 degree dash cam setup that I'm trying to plan the install of so that it's always-on to support the parking mode features. I hope to catch people's reactions to the car. Installation video in the works.

This pic was right after I brought my Emira home and as luck would have it I still had the 4C due to the buyer delaying delivery just long enough for a 3-car photo shoot. Never thought I'd had three such amazing cars in me clutches all at once...even if only for a day.
20240604_095143.jpg

20240604_095224.jpg

Today I've been doing some planning for the next trip in the Emira. Our local group of Lotus/Alfa owners is planning a two-day mountain drive event near Asheville, North Carolina that will include The British & European Automobile & Motorcycle Show, so fyi on the show. Would love to see some more 4Cs, I'm sure they'd steal the show!

If you would like to join our group for the drives the weekend of September 21/22, please let me know.

Daytime World Nature Cloud Natural environment

Just published this latest video...

What's it like driving a Lotus Elise after three months in the Emira?​

Finally put the Emira up on my gravity-defying single-post lift. Although a relative lightweight, the Emira is the heaviest car I've every put up on the lift. In my nightmares, the lift anchors fail and the Emira topples over crushing the Elise. 😬

Emira on lift 2.jpg

Was shuffling cars around yesterday and noticed this photo op. Thought it was pretty cool. Pete aka @Life411 on YT
Elise in Emira side mirror.jpg

When I sold the Alfa Romeo 4C to purchase the Lotus Emira, I received a lot of requests to compare the two cars. It was a blast getting back behind the wheel of a "drive it like you stole it" borrowed 4C and comparing it to my new Emira. Both these cars punch all the right buttons for me even while being very different. I hope you check it out and enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed driving and comparing these exotics.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back