Need Info on the Emira Exhaust Valve Motor

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve recently installed an aftermarket exhaust. I was aware that the valve position is quite critical and that the motor has feedback sensors. I suspect there is a fundamental issue in the implementation of the OEM motor in the new exhaust valve system.

Regards the valve motor, is it a proper servo motor, with an accurate feedback sensor that can position it at a certain angle? Does the motor operate in a continuous way, applying small changes, or is it more open/closed? Do these exhaust valve systems generally have a self calibration whereby it might go to the limits of the range of motion, or it’s calibrated and that calibration is stored (I think the latter). What is the range of motion of these motors, they can turn much more than the range of motion of the physical valve (90 degs), or their rang is also limited?

The OEM valve motor and valve assembly is offset by circa 45degs. There are aftermarket exhausts using the OEM valve, which have the valve perpendicular to the valve. This is the OEM valve open/close position. Surely if you’re gonna use the OEM valve, the valve should be the same, so the OEM valve operates like OEM?

Attachments

• IMG_8380.jpeg
    IMG_8380.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8379.jpeg
    IMG_8379.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 12
My understanding when I asked the dealer is it opens to the set amount depending on throttle and driving mode and not variable.
I can’t see variable would make a noticeable difference unlike inputs from the throttle sensor. I have never seen an aftermarket tuner like APR taking advantage of that potential feature to gain more power, which you would expect if it created increased performance at low effort.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back