New badging

Skinwarrior

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I finally got a build slot for a First Edition V2 (May ‘24) so I had to lock in my specs 2 weeks ago.

I’ve had years to think about the different options. The only one that I wavered on was the color of the calipers. I liked yellow calipers but I didn’t like them alongside the yellow wheel center caps. I ended up going with black calipers instead.

I was then surprised to learn that the V2 may have different badging from the V1. The current configurator for the Emira seems to show a black and yellow badge (but I can’t be sure that the black isn’t dark green).

However, there is information on Lotus dealer websites that the V2 badging will be black and silver. This badge can be seen on the Eletre in its configurator.

I realize that this is not a big issue but it would be nice to know.

I finally got a build slot for a First Edition V2 (May ‘24) so I had to lock in my specs 2 weeks ago.

I’ve had years to think about the different options. The only one that I wavered on was the color of the calipers. I liked yellow calipers but I didn’t like them alongside the yellow wheel center caps. I ended up going with black calipers instead.

I was then surprised to learn that the V2 may have different badging from the V1. The current configurator for the Emira seems to show a black and yellow badge (but I can’t be sure that the black isn’t dark green).

However, there is information on Lotus dealer websites that the V2 badging will be black and silver. This badge can be seen on the Eletre in its configurator.

I realize that this is not a big issue but it would be nice to know.
FE1 and FE2 are designations only used in the NA market to differentiate between batches of allocations, it is not a new version of the car (for the rest of us there is just the First Edition), the only differences between the batches (as far as I'm aware) being expanded colour choice and increased price, everything else (including badging) is remaining the same.

FE2 cars that have already landed in America have the yellow/black badges, for example in this picture posted by Newguy1354 in the Atlantis Blue photo thread:
1706931653079-png.36720

It was reported from an evening event last year with Russell Carr and Gavan Kershaw that Lotus would be moving to a new black and silver badge for all their models (and as used already on the Evija). No sign of that yet, so either they have dropped the idea or it will be happening 'soon' :)

I've already gone the black and silver badge route
20230624_120453-jpg.35580

It was reported from an evening event last year with Russell Carr and Gavan Kershaw that Lotus would be moving to a new black and silver badge for all their models (and as used already on the Evija). No sign of that yet, so either they have dropped the idea or it will be happening 'soon' :)

Hi, where did you find the black and silver badge? Thank you

Can you put a few more up close images of your wheels and the front of the car? Thx!

That does look cleaner. But this also makes me miss the yellow badges.

Decisions, decisions…

Wheel close up:

View attachment 37673

I don't have a close up of the front to hand, but this gives a pretty good view of the nose badge

20230611_142828-jpg.27686
I looked at some of your other images attached to your profile under the “gallery”, the different color badges really do change the appearance with the red calipers and the red seat trim stitching.

Some of your images are absolutely stunning with the mountainous backgrounds. Generally speaking, where were some of those images taken out of curiosity

I looked at some of your other images attached to your profile under the “gallery”, the different color badges really do change the appearance with the red calipers and the red seat trim stitching.

Some of your images are absolutely stunning with the mountainous backgrounds. Generally speaking, where were some of those images taken out of curiosity
Yes, it is surprising the difference in overall appearance the swap from yellow to black badges makes. I thought with the red calipers the yellow badges looked just a bit too busy. Seneca is a very bold colour and to my eyes it didn't need any more contrasting highlights. The black badges also tie in with the 'First Edition' badge and the steering wheel centre.

The pictures with the mountains are taken in the north west of Scotland, mostly in the Torridon and Assynt areas. Wild, rugged landscapes but stunningly beautiful. My photos really don't do it justice!

Yes, it is surprising the difference in overall appearance the swap from yellow to black badges makes. I thought with the red calipers the yellow badges looked just a bit too busy. Seneca is a very bold colour and to my eyes it didn't need any more contrasting highlights. The black badges also tie in with the 'First Edition' badge and the steering wheel centre.
I was thinking along the same lines when I finalized my order last month: I would like the red calipers with the black and silver badges but not as much with the yellow badges. In the end, I ordered black calipers and am hoping that the car will still have the yellow badges.

Looks like the black Emira wheel caps are out of stock. Can anyone verify if the Eletre OEM center caps will work on the Emira? Link to product page Here.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like the black Emira wheel caps are out of stock. Can anyone verify if the Eletre OEM center caps will work on the Emira? Link to product page Here.
Grp has them in stock

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sourced mine from Greg. The yellow badges looked fine with my spec but they showed the brake dust pretty quickly. Swapped out for the the black wheel badges which seem better at hiding the dust. Left the yellow nose badge...
_D9A9754.jpeg
_D9A9736.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back