• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Emira Configurator!

The configurator refuses to load the pictures for me so I haven't seen the new wheels.
There have been seen in the wild already on pre production cars, from the first post in the Mist White photo thread:

1643490183747-png.2740

Last edited:
It's interesting to see how things differ from FE, a quick summary from having had a look through (hopefully not missed anything, apologies if I have):
  • Sports suspension comes as part of the driver's pack (track mode, launch control, switchable exhaust), you can't get these with the default (presumably touring) suspension.
  • No change to the colour options
  • There's now an extended lower black pack option (adds black tailpipe finishers and rear lotus logo to the lower black pack)
  • Wheels, satin grey is now an option on the "ultra lightweight" FE wheels (with or without diamond turned), addition of 10 spoke lightweight weeks in silver or black.
  • Tyres, Cup 2's available as an option but only with driver's pack (makes sense given FE only has them for sports suspension)
  • Badges, can now specify black lotus badges (though the configurator only changes the front badge with wheels still having yellow/black badges, don't know if that's just a rendering issue or not).
  • Interior trim, same options as before
  • Headlining trim, default is now black technical fabric, Alcantara extra.
  • Exposed gear change mechanism for MT is now an option.
  • Sports pedals are now an option
  • No change to the seat options, still 12-way & heated.
  • Steering wheel choices still the same (no coloured stitch/12 o'clock marker option for MT, these are still AT only)
  • Premium carpet mats from FE now an option.
  • KEF audio an option
  • Privacy glass now an option (rather than being a default for FE that needed opting out of)
  • Convenience pack still fully included (front parking sensors, rain sensitive wipers, auto dim rear view/wing mirrors, stowage nets).
Also note the diamond cut FE ultra-light wheels can have either satin grey or gloss black barrels

We still have all FE’s on the UK version…..

Interesting, base configurator is up but there is no starting price. I bet Lotus will update pricing as soon as the I4 FE option is taken offline.

Last edited:
I assume touring is the default suspension on base. If so, is the drivers pack not available for touring suspension? If I recall the FE touring has the drivers pack. I am disappointed at the lack of new options on the base configurator.

I initially placed an order for a Base but was offered an FE 2.0 allocation at the last minute. Seeing the base configurator I realized given the options I would have probably speced a based with all the options on the FE. Maybe I would have dropped the KEF and the privacy glass to save a few bucks but that’s it.

Pricing will be interesting. My SA said Lotus couldn’t turn a profit on the FE 1.0 MSRP hence the price increase so I assume the base price would be at or above the FE 1.0 MSRP.

I initially placed an order for a Base but was offered an FE 2.0 allocation at the last minute. Seeing the base configurator I realized given the options I would have probably speced a based with all the options on the FE. Maybe I would have dropped the KEF and the privacy glass to save a few bucks but that’s it.

Pricing will be interesting. My SA said Lotus couldn’t turn a profit on the FE 1.0 MSRP hence the price increase so I assume the base price would be at or above the FE 1.0 MSRP.
Here we go again with configuration angst.
Been there, done that, and have the worry lines to show for it.
At least now there are now road-going examples to ponder.
Glad others get to join in on the fun, soon.

The configurator seems to be fully functional now. I'm basically specing a car with the same options as an FE except I'm going for that extended black pack for the black lettering. Still bummed about no touring suspension though. Depending on cost I may cheap out on headliner because I don't really touch that anyways.

I assume touring is the default suspension on base. If so, is the drivers pack not available for touring suspension? If I recall the FE touring has the drivers pack. I am disappointed at the lack of new options on the base configurator.

The configurator seems to be fully functional now. I'm basically specing a car with the same options as an FE except I'm going for that extended black pack for the black lettering. Still bummed about no touring suspension though. Depending on cost I may cheap out on headliner because I don't really touch that anyways.
I heard touring is base.

I am disappointed at the lack of new options on the base configurator.
There is always the potential that the configurator does not currently have the complete range of options. It may be that Lotus will announce more choices alongside the pricing announcement and don't want to leak that information in advance. However it's probably safer to assume that what we currently see is what it will be.

The new base options list seems like a missed opportunity to add the one option which has been sorely lacking and I'm sure would be very popular: a pair of manual, lightweight, low mounted bucket seats.

There is always the potential that the configurator does not currently have the complete range of options. It may be that Lotus will announce more choices alongside the pricing announcement and don't want to leak that information in advance. However it's probably safer to assume that what we currently see is what it will be.
I hope you’re right in that there is more to come but I would be very surprised at this point if they added more options like every other manufacturer typically does with new model years or includes as standard items.

The new base options list seems like a missed opportunity to add the one option which has been sorely lacking and I'm sure would be very popular: a pair of manual, lightweight, low mounted bucket seats.
I think they will be saving that for the more expensive "R" version, probably arrive sometime in 2026-27.

I always thought alcantara headliners give the car a strong leather smell, but it doesn’t really in the lotus. So it’s just looks and minor at that. In case that helps.

I always thought alcantara headliners give the car a strong leather smell, but it doesn’t really in the lotus. So it’s just looks and minor at that. In case that helps.
Alcantara is a synthetic material so no leather smell but a nice look. We'll see how much that adds to the price when they add that dimension to the configurator.

Alcantara is a synthetic material so no leather smell but a nice look. We'll see how much that adds to the price when they add that dimension to the configurator.
That's right. I actually knew that. But for some reason I was convinced when stepping into a full leather Porsche, it was the Alcantara everywhere that was contributing to it. Maybe it was the actual leather or a cleaning product.

Well, currently, there is no Emira configurator to configure. Hopefully it means they're updating it? At least with some pricing for the base?

I do realize this is not likely, but I'm hoping the V6 production is over, and the I4 variant is the only car that remains.

This way, folks that want a manual and a V6 will have to pick from the cars already produced - keeping resale values high (at least here in the US). Plus, we still have access to parts as the I4 cars continue to roll off the assembly line for the next few years.

I do realize this is not likely, but I'm hoping the V6 production is over, and the I4 variant is the only car that remains.

This way, folks that want a manual and a V6 will have to pick from the cars already produced - keeping resale values high (at least here in the US). Plus, we still have access to parts as the I4 cars continue to roll off the assembly line for the next few years.
For one they are certainly going to make more but even if they didn't the Emira will be a depreciating asset for quite some time. Its not an investment car. There are lots of V6 Emiras sitting on lots and dealers are starting to stack on incentives to buy them. Its almost never worth buying a new car as an investment. They never beat simply putting that same money in the market.