• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Emira Handbook published today - includes i4 and ADAS functions

New handbook version now on the Lotus Cars UK website - dated May 2023 - as well as updated V6 manual and auto stuff it includes the i4 variant, ADAS functionality (although LCCS are still saying NO ADAS on i4 FE) the hidden hole for the CarPlay cable and also references an Emira mobile app (coming soon.....?)image.gif.51df10bfbdf1512de49af7437408fdd1.gif:)

It confirms i4 unladen weight at 1455kg against V6 manual at 1493kg and V6 Auto at 1500kg so a 38kg saving i4 Vs V6 manual and 45kg saving i4 against V6 auto.

Fuel consumption and emissions figures for the i4 are missing though....

Last edited:
Interessting for ACC: Its available for V6 automatic. Does it mean that the current V6 auto can get this via update?

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpeg
    IMG_3699.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
Interessting for ACC: Its available for V6 automatic. Does it mean that the current V6 auto can get this via update?
I suspect there would be additional hardware needed as well, I.e. the radar pod that sits in the front grille area…..

The manual says the Emira has blind spot warning, time intervals, adaptive cruise control, etc. I have already finalized my order. Are those features standard?

The manual says the Emira has blind spot warning, time intervals, adaptive cruise control, etc. I have already finalized my order. Are those features standard?
I saw that too. I have a feeling it might be documentation of forthcoming features for future versions, basically a future-proof measure for the handbook. However, perhaps the NA cars do in fact get this. Hard to tell. I would be happy to be wrong!

Only available on the I4 I believe, and none have been seen yet with the system operating. Some features may become available on the V6 Auto at some point but it's unclear which.

There's a bit of ambiguity here as they have included a "If fitted" caveat. I guess we'll find out end of next month when the first i4s for non-Chinese markets rolled off the line and are delivered.
Also I hate to bring up the whole seat-belt debate but I noticed that they are NOT twisted in the handbook illustrations!