New Emira SE announced

So this is it? I dont get it…

400 HP as Turbo SE. What dies that mean in the european countries? Turbo SE is what you guys in the US are getting in the first place. Looks like the V6 is still the one to get.

I see, this looks just to be in australia… hence the low reaction/interest on this forum I guess.

same announcement also in Japan yesterday. Shame some markets need to pay extra for the added hp.

Huh? So basically saying you have the option of going base 360hp or get the SE that has 400 hp?

Well it appears the SE adds in the now extra cost items of zinc paint and alcantara headliner. Everything else seems like a change to the base. This is the first I've seen in switching to a single piece brake rotor. Seems the v6 is unaffected by this though. I really thought Lotus would move the 4cyl into the top spot but it seems they are keeping the v6 stop the pyramid for now

Yep, looks like USA & China I4 are the only ones with 400hp on the FE. FE’s will all be 23-24’ model years. I think the delays with Covid and supply chain, price constraints of inflation forced Lotus make alot of the decisions in these regards. Don’t think this path was their initial plan, but it is what it is. Still waiting on my I4…. Should be in the first wave of I4’s to hit the USA ports. Reallly looking forward to it. I am really surprised by the SE staying with the 298kw/400hp…. To me, this doesn’t make much sense unless they were to reduce the base to 268kw/360hp…..Then that would make sense in the US. But to keep the SE at 400hp even in the states is confusing to me. Does anyone have a logical explanation for that decision? My take is that at 400hp, the power to weight of the Emira is absolutely perfect. But I did expect the SE to be like 416hp….the AMG/DCT could easily handle even up to 440hp from what I read without issues. Some say over 500hp, but that could be pushing the envelope. Any thoughts why they would keep the SE at 400hp?

. But to keep the SE at 400hp even in the states Corfus confuse to me. Does anyone have a logical explanation for that decision?
Suspect this was the plan from the beginning. To have a SE version at a higher cost for subsequent years ie MY25.
This also helps with messaging to existing consumers asking to 'upgrade' from 360 to 400 ( at no cost) ; now they can just say that's a $10k option.

With the US market no cars have been delivered yet, they probably weighed the risk of a large portion cancelation of their FE 360HP orders; if people found out the SE option was a month away.

Yep, looks like USA & China I4 are the only ones with 400hp on the FE. FE’s will all be 23-24’ model years. I think the delays with Covid and supply chain, price constraints of inflation forced Lotus make alot of the decisions in these regards. Don’t think this path was their initial plan, but it is what it is. Still waiting on my I4…. Should be in the first wave of I4’s to hit the USA ports. Reallly looking forward to it. I am really surprised by the SE staying with the 298kw/400hp…. To me, this doesn’t make much sense unless they were to reduce the base to 268kw/360hp…..Then that would make sense in the US. But to keep the SE at 400hp even in the states is confusing to me. Does anyone have a logical explanation for that decision? My take is that at 400hp, the power to weight of the Emira is absolutely perfect. But I did expect the SE to be like 416hp….the AMG/DCT could easily handle even up to 440hp from what I read without issues. Some say over 500hp, but that could be pushing the envelope. Any thoughts why they would keep the SE at 400hp?

Hard to understand this without pricing.

It would make sense if it looked something like this...

90k i4 Base 360 HP
100k i4 SE 400 HP
105k i4 SE fully optioned
105k v6 Base
120k v6 fully optioned

the 360 HP base would provide a way to price the Emira below $100k, yet not depress overall pricing of other configurations.

cayman going all electric will actually be a plus for the emira as it will have no direct rival.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back