Nitron Suspension Development

I am thinking of going Ohlins R&T. I love them on my Mini. Maybe TTX but don't love that your have to rebuild them so much more often.
Is rebuilding a real issue with these TTX dampers? I know that Öhlins reccomends it every once a while, but do these dampers differ in that regard to other performance dampers?

Is rebuilding a real issue with these TTX dampers? I know that Öhlins reccomends it every once a while, but do these dampers differ in that regard to other performance dampers?
You will find most coil over companies have a rebuild price so if you have issues due to higher mileage for loads of track use they can be put back to original spec. Some brands need rebuilding more often than others and it’s hard to give a life span prediction just like the life of an engine.
A friend had Bilsteins on his M3 that leaked and needed rebuilding within 10k miles and I’ve heard of other owners having their coil overs for years without issue. Personally the VW Racing coil overs on my Scirocco R had poor condition threads after a couple of years due to road salt etc., where the KWs on my RS3 were in better condition after the same time period and usage.
I’m hoping the Nitrons don’t need to rebuilt after a couple of years because the labour alone to strip and rebuild is a lot.

Thanks for posting that Sonofemery, I didn’t even know they had made a video yet.
I can confirm it was dropped by 15mm all round.

I am still really impressed with the Nitron fast road coil overs and I am really fussy with my shocks as it can make or break the handling. With my last 3 cars I simply bought the most expensive ones available which usually results in getting top quality units. I decided to try Nitron through a combination of availability and feedback from an owner who races a Evora GT fitted with them.

I think previously my mistake is going with the top spec track shocks and although it gave improved fast road driving it often came at the cost of removing that feeling of knowing when you are going to lose traction. These fast road units seem a perfect step up from the previous Lotus sports option.

Hopefully I will soon be adding the GRP 10mm spacers, titanium motorsport fittings and Aerie lightweight wheels that are on the way currently. It will be good to see how the next step goes and especially as I have a set of Michelin Cup 2 Connect tyres on order.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back