No ADAS on First edition

You don't have to have ADAS to have the lane change assist, however, that is part of the ADAS system and will not be included on the V6 FE'S.
This has been confirmed many times over the last several months. What is unclear is whether the I4 will have ADAS included.
What about the FE i4?
Any chance they will have (an optional) ADAS?

You don't have to have ADAS to have the lane change assist, however, that is part of the ADAS system and will not be included on the V6 FE'S.
This has been confirmed many times over the last several months. What is unclear is whether the I4 will have ADAS included.

Apologies if it's ben discussed many times before, it's new to me.

If it's not included then why is it advertised on the website and in all online publications?

Why would a 'first edition' - an edition which is meant to have all the bells and whistles AND THEN SOME not have them?

So weird

If it's not included then why is it advertised on the website and in all online publications?

Why would a 'first edition' - an edition which is meant to have all the bells and whistles AND THEN SOME not have them?

So weird
Yes, especially as the saving of 3k now makes no sense at all because retrofitting ADAS will probably not be possible / is out of proportion.

So weird
That is a question we have all been asking...it was initially advertised as having ADAS, however, somewhere down the line, that changed.
It may be in the I4...we don't know yet.

To be clear...we're talking about FE'S only.

So weird
Yes, especially as the saving of 3k now makes no sense at all because retrofitting ADAS will probably not be possible / is out of proportion.

Lotus made it clear that ADAS would not be available on the Emira V6 FE back in early autumn of last year.

Many of the claimed features of ADAS are not possible with the V6 drivetrain and steering systems. Requires electric power steering control, integrated TCU control of the DCT to downshift, electric control of the braking system for emergency stopping, etc.

They tested a bunch of the sensor systems and certain elements of ADAS on that V6 verification prototype car (VP007) used in the recent journalist preview sessions, but I don't know that it will ever be sold on the V6 cars. It's an I4 platform feature for a whole host of reasons.

FYI this is not a Lotus-only problem... Subaru doesn't make their EyeSight safety suite available on manual transmission vehicles like the WRX for many of the same reasons.

That is a question we have all been asking...it was initially advertised as having ADAS, however, somewhere down the line, that changed.
It may be in the I4...we don't know yet.
When I rang Lotus to confirm my spec for August delivery there is no ADAS in 3.5 (hooray) but there will be on i4.

I received a response from Lotus USA regarding the blind spot detection. It will not be a feature of the Emira, at least not in the first model year.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your enquiry through our online chat facility regarding the new Lotus Emira and for joining us on the next Lotus chapter.

The Emira will not have blind spot detection though this could change down the road with the base models.

If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me either by phone or email.

Regards,
Tammy McKenzie
Relationship Manager US

Lotus made it clear that ADAS would not be available on the Emira V6 FE back in early autumn of last year.

Many of the claimed features of ADAS are not possible with the V6 drivetrain and steering systems. Requires electric power steering control, integrated TCU control of the DCT to downshift, electric control of the braking system for emergency stopping, etc.

They tested a bunch of the sensor systems and certain elements of ADAS on that V6 verification prototype car (VP007) used in the recent journalist preview sessions, but I don't know that it will ever be sold on the V6 cars. It's an I4 platform feature for a whole host of reasons.

FYI this is not a Lotus-only problem... Subaru doesn't make their EyeSight safety suite available on manual transmission vehicles like the WRX for many of the same reasons.
I'm not sure that Lotus have ever made anything clear about the Emira... But what is interesting - I don't recall seeing it discussed here but I have seen confirmed elsewhere - is that the i4 will not have the same hydraulic power steering as the V6. Again, information I don't think has been provided openly by Lotus.

I'm not sure that Lotus have ever made anything clear about the Emira... But what is interesting - I don't recall seeing it discussed here but I have seen confirmed elsewhere - is that the i4 will not have the same hydraulic power steering as the V6. Again, information I don't think has been provided openly by Lotus.
I read the i4 will have an electric-hydraulic steering pump, whereas the V6 will be engine driven pump. This is because the M139 is designed to be used with EPAS in the Mercs and therefore does not have the necessary system to drive a hydraulic steering pump from the engine in the Emira. I think they are the same steering system, just driven differently.

I read the i4 will have an electric-hydraulic steering pump, whereas the V6 will be engine driven pump. This is because the M139 is designed to be used with EPAS in the Mercs and therefore does not have the necessary system to drive a hydraulic steering pump from the engine in the Emira. I think they are the same steering system, just driven differently.

yeah i had to research this a little.
The V6 will have a normal Hydraulic Steering pump
The I4 will have a electrohydraluc steering pump.

Supposed to be feel the same, but who knows.

FE V6 has the hardware, functionality just not initially switched on, there may be scope later to activate it. Scott was a bit ambivalent on this. I had the sense that they haven't decided yet.

**UPDATE**

From another thread (Thanks 3Mira)

"FE V6 ADAS is fitted, the number plate mounting is between the front lip spoiler and the bottom of ADAS pod. At launch ADAS won't be on Scott was open minded about whether ADAS would subsequently be enabled. The car has 50+ computer systems that opens up possibility of software updates at service."

Out of this list: “adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist” the only one I’d really like is adaptive cruise control. Should be easy to enable if there is a front camera or radar installed. All other options are substitutes for paying attention!

Great explanation - thank you!

Blind-spot mirrors on VP007
ADAS.png

There isn't anything the ADAS system has that I can't live without; especially if it has to include that hideous wart on the front. That may be one of the outstanding beauty features of the FE; a clean front intake.

I can't believe with today's micro technology they can't find a better sensor for the ADAS system. This is something I'm sure they'll want to include on their electric cars, so it would be worth the investment to either find or co-develop an efficient, unobtrusive one.

Sharp eye, good catch, ......triggered by the car trailing behind to take the video photos.

you can see it light up and turn off in the Carfection video @ 4:24
I do hope this is a fundamental feature of the mirror unit and the customer service person I interacted with was simply mistaken.

So the ugly wart is going to be on all cars?? I honestly can’t grasp this as it destroys the beautiful front end!

I'd pay an extra to remove those features from any car so i'm pretty happy the FE does not have it.
Totally agree. If the V6 FE came with ADAS fitted then I'd be cancelling my order without hesitation.
Problem is that with ADAS will come auto speed limiting and tracking. This is the last thing that I'd want on a sports car like the Emira

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back