• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

No ADAS on First edition

At the same time I haven't seen anything that states it has it. It's not a government mandated feature and not all cars have it... example the 718 Spyder/GT4 does not even have it as an option. My Spyder had really bad blind spots.
Agree. I have a 981 Spyder and the blind spots with the roof raised are terrible. The key is to always drive roofless so it is never really a problem :cool:
Fingers crossed the Emira FE has no such **** fitted 🤞

This car will stay in our family and will be driven by other people. I don't mind having all the safety aids available for future drivers.

I find ADAS systems to just be annoying. I somehow have lived most of my life without them. I turned it off on my Audi.
This perspective on Lane Assist and more generally the trend to using touchscreens in cars made me smile:

Thankfully the Emira has proper physical controls for things like seat warmers and aircon.

Oh man that sucks. Part of the sell for me was the bells and whistles of ADAS for comfort in everyday use.

I recently watched an EverydayDriver video '5 days in an Elise' where he was saying how touring in a car which has such massive amounts of power under the pedal gave him leg ache from keeping it in a certain position on the throttle and not changing for long periods of time. Cruise control is the key and was a massive part of my decision making process.

Does anybody know whether these things are able to be fitted when available or is it buried so deep into the electronics of the car that it's not an option to add at a later stage?

Can First Edition deposit holders opt for a later edition which has that package?
finally the v6 FE brings these ADAS?