• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Oil sample analysis from Blackstone

Yellow

Reaction score
Had the oil from my second change after the initial 1k change tested.
Screenshot_68.png

What are we looking at here? ELI5

Not understanding. So you did a change at 1K, then another one at 2K and this is the 2K change analysis? I tried to see if you had any other posts about the 1K change but see you did another change at 4K?

Not understanding. So you did a change at 1K, then another one at 2K and this is the 2K change analysis? I tried to see if you had any other posts about the 1K change but see you did another change at 4K?
I think this is at 3000 miles maybe? One at 1k and the interval on this oil is 2000 miles, so 2000 since the last change?

I just don't see the what the data is supposed to be telling us.

Data points. First change at 1500, second change at 3600. Higher than normal readings for copper and silicon. Commentary notes that is normal for break in and not a cause for concern. Also that they typically see oil changes every 5,700 miles.

Not sure why you would do an oil change so soon after the 1500 oil change. I guess it’s interesting to see the data nonetheless.

Data points. First change at 1500, second change at 3600. Higher than normal readings for copper and silicon. Commentary notes that is normal for break in and not a cause for concern. Also that they typically see oil changes every 5,700 miles.

Not sure why you would do an oil change so soon after the 1500 oil change. I guess it’s interesting to see the data nonetheless.
I must have marked the card wrong, this was a regular 3k mile interval oil change.

I must have marked the card wrong, this was a regular 3k mile interval oil change.
Just curious.... does fuel grade (and source) have any overall oil impact?

Also, "make up oil" is for oil added between changes to keep the system full. Obviously OP didn't add 5 qts during this use interval. (I hope) ;)

Does the report make the adjustments for comparing against the average miles they state of 5700 miles or do you have to do that yourself?

If the next 3000 miles oil change showed a copper reading 50% higher than the average what would you intend to do about it?

Back