• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Oil temperature and pressure reading?

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can’t find this anywhere in the display. Surely Lotus wouldn’t miss this off a driver’s car, would they?

that's the coolant temp gauge
Yeah, I asked my wife and she said it was the coolant gage she waits to warm up 😅

Having no oil gages in this car is wild. I have three screens I monitor in my car on a daily basis in this order of importance:

Oil temp/pressure
TPMS
MPG

Once my oil is up to temp I always have my TPMS on screen to catch any slow leaks. We’ve had our fair share of nails from the surrounding neighborhoods being built.

I seem to remember someone saying the oil pan has a placeholder bolt in place of where an oil pressure/temp sensor would go. I'm going to check that on my next oil change and research if I can find an aftermarket solution. I too have found it baffling (pun intended) that this car has no oil temp gauge.

Unfortunately, no. The port is used by the oil pressure switch. But it is possible to add a small distribution block to run pressure and temp sensors. Here's a vid of that on a 2GR-FE powered MR2: