Olternative Finance Options

You need to be on top gear racing the latest Tesla Plaid.. would make for great entertainment bet even Freddy flintoff would give it a go…
Been ask to do few TV things, last was Guy Martin, said no in the end..... top gear would be good, but they brake things..... and dont want to pay .... TV is not asa fun as it looks :)

Scrap Heap Challenge..... on line group and forum.... books.... been doing 15 years now.... i do want to get the last engine done.... will be bigest DIY jet engine in the world.... but this year the car comes first.... it can get a very expencive hobby

Want to also brake 100mph at santa pod
That proper makes me smile 😃 Can only imagine how it makes you feel. Brilliant. Defo need to be on Topgear!

In the states, not sure why anyone would use anything other than a credit union. For example DCU current rates are 1.49% up to 65 months. I know PenFed has been a favorite for older Lotus.

Been ask to do few TV things, last was Guy Martin, said no in the end..... top gear would be good, but they brake things..... and dont want to pay .... TV is not asa fun as it looks :)
I’ve been on top gear many many years ago (before clarkson) with a Freelander 1. They filmed it in my Freelander on an off road test track used by prodrive Near Birmingham. It was about the poor reliability of the Freelander, my mate was a researcher on the program and got me on.
. I was filmed going up some mud hills and in some water , nothing dramatic. 6 months later when the Freelander was in for a service they told me the suspension bushes were all shot, cost me £600 😭

Bet Guy would have LOVED 😍 it. Right up his street!
Yep..... but the production company...... well...... they wanted to do 2 years work in 6 months.... I spoke to all I could and it was about do able... ish... none stop.... the missed dead line twice.... thats when i said thanks but no thanks :) nice to be asked..... but they dont want to pay

Well this went wildly off piste... and all for a bike that doesn't even move 😏😉

Back on topic, can anyone spot me £80K? Pay you back next year, I swear! :D

Go on then tell me a safe fund that returns 5% year on year. I’m always curious when people make statements like this as my experience is there are no safe funds.
Agreed my Emira money is in a savings account. Stock market or roulette wheel take your pick 🤩

Well this went wildly off piste... and all for a bike that doesn't even move 😏😉

Back on topic, can anyone spot me £80K? Pay you back next year, I swear! :D
Erm.... you saying my bike dont move:)... its ready for the track.... dont think I am any more....... :p:oops:been a long build...and some parts of the engine are moving close to the speed of sound........... not like running down loal store to get the parts.... :ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

The kart, by the way is in the Guiness Book Of Records:cool:

Last edited:
Agreed my Emira money is in a savings account. Stock market or roulette wheel take your pick 🤩
Trackers are about as safe as you can get. Timing (luck) is all important or you just have to be in for the long haul.
FTSE tracker is up about 6 % if you invested this time last year, however if you invested 6 months ago you'd be down 6%
The NADAQ is even worse if you invested 3 months ago you'd be down 10%

Over the last 10 years the annual FTSE return is about 7% against inflation of 2.5% giving a real return of 4.5%

Of course anyone (in hindsight) can pick a bunch of shares and say they made a gazillion percent, it just a matter of time before the luck runs out!

Trackers are about as safe as you can get. Timing (luck) is all important or you just have to be in for the long haul.
FTSE tracker is up about 6 % if you invested this time last year, however if you invested 6 months ago you'd be down 6%
The NADAQ is even worse if you invested 3 months ago you'd be down 10%

Over the last 10 years the annual FTSE return is about 7% against inflation of 2.5% giving a real return of 4.5%

Of course anyone (in hindsight) can pick a bunch of shares and say they made a gazillion percent, it just a matter of time before the luck runs out!
You can improve your luck a little if you have been doing it some time, know what to look for, or understand the market... Or just get lucky :) my mum cashed her pension in 2 days before last crash, :ROFLMAO::) Some people got very lucky after the last crash..... they had been betting against the house:cool:

Money is just Money.
It's the tool we all need to be able to buy the Emira.
Emira is a depreciating asset in terms of money.
But for the buyer is appreciating asset in other terms, enjoyment, quality of life, at the end helping us put a smile, therefore a well deserved return on the money we invest from our work.
How do you measure this is up to each individual, therefore,r how you pay for it, cash or external finance should also be up to each.
Whatever finance way each of one chooses, should be how we individually feel more comfortable within our own finances.
The only bad situation would be if one cannot afford the investment in the scope of their own financial situation.
In this case, don't invest otherwise you are going to become unhappy, opposite of what it should be.

having said this, thanks to all of you that post here with financial solutions, it is much appreciated.

PS: IF there is less than 2% interest per annum, I´m in!

Money is just Money.
It's the tool we all need to be able to buy the Emira.
Emira is a depreciating asset in terms of money.
But for the buyer is appreciating asset in other terms, enjoyment, quality of life, at the end helping us put a smile, therefore a well deserved return on the money we invest from our work.
How do you measure this is up to each individual, therefore,r how you pay for it, cash or external finance should also be up to each.
Whatever finance way each of one chooses, should be how we individually feel more comfortable within our own finances.
The only bad situation would be if one cannot afford the investment in the scope of their own financial situation.
In this case, don't invest otherwise you are going to become unhappy, opposite of what it should be.

having said this, thanks to all of you that post here with financial solutions, it is much appreciated.

PS: IF there is less than 2% interest per annum, I´m in!
#ForTheAppreciation

Ive just noticed that on the Lotus uk website they have now reduced the residuals massively, this will push your payments up significantly if you are going for finance on a PCP.

Of course you will have a smaller final payment to make the other end.

The on the road price has also gone up slightly.

I suspect this will change again in the coming weeks.

Ive just noticed that on the Lotus uk website they have now reduced the residuals massively, this will push your payments up significantly if you are going for finance on a PCP.

Of course you will have a smaller final payment to make the other end.

The on the road price has also gone up slightly.

I suspect this will change again in the coming weeks.
Am feeling so much better about getting out, price already going up.
I would have another year plus to wait, any guessing how much its going to cost then
Test drove the benntley other day 621 Bhp.... drives well for the size . The inside is so well put together
zoom_BENTLEY_CONTINENTAL_SUPERSPORTS_W12_2DR_20.jpg
zoom_BENTLEY_CONTINENTAL_SUPERSPORTS_W12_2DR_1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back