• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Out of battery - Howto access tailgate?

leofin

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi, I run out of battery and I am trying to access the tailgate using the emergency handle.

The manual says to look behind the left seat under the rear trim.
But I can't see a red handle there, as to charge the battery afterwards 🙁

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-06-20-21-10-18_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-06-20-21-10-18_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 58
It is there, could be hanging down.

I removed the rear panels completely to have the seatbelts changed and it was dangling down behind the panels.

Hi, I run out of battery and I am trying to access the tailgate using the emergency handle.

The manual says to look behind the left seat under the rear trim.
But I can't see a red handle there, as to charge the battery afterwards 🙁

Am I looking in the wrong place?
I'd posted this elsewhere but will repeat it here to help you out.

The "pull cord" on my Emira was a black loop (not red, as mentioned in the manual) and it was located more along the side of the open panel area, as opposed to reaching down inside and towards the back of the vehicle. So once you pull back the panel behind the left seat, check along the side of the vehicle...and look for a different coloured loop. You should also be able to feel it there, w/o actually seeing it. I took delivery of my Emira on June 6/24 and if yours had a similar newer production date, perhaps it's the same set-up. Good luck and a big hello from Canada to Budapest (I'll be vacationing there in October)!

Thank you for the answers. This is why this forum is so GREAT for all of us the Lotus enthusiasts.

I'm attaching a photo of the location of the hidden lever (on the side trim behind the seat) in case, another driver faces the same issue in the future.

Attachments

• IMG20240806205631.jpg
    IMG20240806205631.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 65