• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Wrap for your Emira

Will You PPF/Wrap Your Emira

• PPF Front End

Votes: 115 34.6%
  • PPF Full Wrap

Votes: 155 46.7%
  • Coloured Full Wrap

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 47 14.2%

• Total voters
Hi Ade, can you show PPF edges and explain the extent to which panel edges have been wrapped around? I spent another hour last night, trying to balance pros and cons of PPF.

I still have concerns re cost, edges lifting and dirt getting underneath, need to replace pieces anyway if substantial impact, need to replace in 7-10 years anyway. However, I also recall the grit rash on the fornt bumper of my S2000 and I like the idea of a sacrificial layer. My magma will be a weekend-only, low mileage vehicle.

EDIT: Currnetly considering Elite Detailing (Rybrook Birmingham's partner) and Depth of Shine (Worcester way - based on positive comments seen elsewhere).
Can I chuck in a recommendation for Reep detailing ? I have used the one near Reading but there are a few around. I’ll be getting a full PPF quote if I pull the trigger (and take the car).

I am having a front end Xpel Ulimate PPF completed by Lotus Silverstone before I pick the car up at the end of the month :)

Also not bothering with the ceramic coating!

Hi All

Just wanted to see how many of you are considering going for a PPF/Wrap on their Emira?

This is something i'm seriously considering, what are your thoughts.
I have had Wombat PPF nr Tonbridge do my PPF and strips , for a special deal ask for Mark , and say Chadder reccomended you 👍👌
1679085898355.png

Attachments

• 1679085844033.png
    1679085844033.png
    597.7 KB · Views: 52
Nice! It looks really sharp. I think the silver selection is spot on. Icing on the cake is the Ice interior blending in perfectly.

Nice! It looks really sharp. I think the silver selection is spot on. Icing on the cake is the Ice interior blending in perfectly.
Thank you , I was nervous about doing it at first , but I love it 👍👌
Better pictures will be on my Instagram tomorrow #a35racevan

Reactions: DJS
You have to see this car in the flesh! Just like the standard cars.

At first, I was worried about losing the metallic element.
At second, I was still not convinced.
At third, after about 5 minutes i realise it was a massive leap.
At fourth, after a couple of days, I realise it was mesmorising.

Video might be uploaded tomorrow.
But still no Ferrari video as promised last Friday

Just to update this thread.

I had the following:
  • Full detail including scratch and chip repair (which I had not even spotted!)
  • XPEL stealth satin PPF
  • External Ceramic coating on the wheels, windows, brake callipers
  • Internal Ceramic coating on the leather and Alcantara, including, of course, the Alcantara steering wheel.
Seems about 70 - 30 that like what I have done but more would not actually so this as it definitely changes the original lovely paint - even though I now believe it looks even better.

20230311_113526.jpg

20230311_113541.jpg
20230312_104606.jpg
20230312_104612.jpg
20230312_104657.jpg

20230312_104630.jpg

Just to update this thread.

I had the following:
  • Full detail including scratch and chip repair (which I had not even spotted!)
  • XPEL stealth satin PPF
  • External Ceramic coating on the wheels, windows, brake callipers
  • Internal Ceramic coating on the leather and Alcantara, including, of course, the Alcantara steering wheel.
Seems about 70 - 30 that like what I have done but more would not actually so this as it definitely changes the original lovely paint - even though I now believe it looks even better.

View attachment 23959

View attachment 23960View attachment 23961View attachment 23962View attachment 23963

View attachment 23964
I’m neutral on whether to PPF and/or ceramic. I’ve got the full black pack so will definitely try the roof and arches done to protect from scratches. Think Harry isn’t a fan but welcome views on positives and any negatives.

I think at minimum the car needs a detail.
Then it just gets better protected as you go up. Ceramic, PPF, PPF+Ceramic.

There is some validity in doing nothing and respraying it before selling but I couldn't personally live with the blemishes and the car not being nigh 'perfect'. it would affect my overall joyful experience.

The real truth on how robust the paint is will take most of this year and several hunded UK owners reporting back on it. It might be too late for some but this is all just down to personal wishes and finances of course.

Back