• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Wrap for your Emira

Will You PPF/Wrap Your Emira

• PPF Front End

Votes: 115 34.6%
  • PPF Full Wrap

Votes: 155 46.7%
  • Coloured Full Wrap

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 47 14.2%

• Total voters
Has anyone had any issues using xpel? I heard from a rep that “there is something in the adhesive that can peel off the paint” and they encouraged me to only use nano fusion which is what lotus warranties. I’m thinking it’s just a marketing tactic since xpel has an excellent reputation. The installer I want to use uses xpel and I wasn’t thrilled with a job I saw from the dealer using the nano fusion. Thoughts? Thanks!
Yeah sounds a bit like they're making up some handwavy nonsense to sow doubt... how would Xpel justify offering 10 year warranty if the adhesive consistently failed? :confused:

I went with Xpel Stealth all over (and gloss black Xpel on the roof for "reversible black pack") with edges wrapped around where at all possible, and looks fantastic IMO.

The shop I used did ask me not to wash the car for 30 days, to give the film time to settle / adhesive to set, and warned me not to touch any little bubbles I might spot. They do a complimentary full clean and check after the film has been on the car for 30 days, to look for any lifting, and correct any other issues... I'm yet to take it in for that (waiting for Aerie wheels to turn up so they can ceramic coat those on the same visit), but I am not seeing any problems, even on the few edges that aren't fully wrapped around (besides a slight build-up of dirt... the "let us do the first wash" thing is driving me crazy :LOL: ).

I think it can pose a problem when removing the PPF to replace a damaged section. Mine was ok.

Full STEK PPF and window tint is done!

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0867.jpeg

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg

Has anybody had their PPF done at Lotus North Jersey? Trying to determine the quality of the work and if I should get it done by the dealership. They have an outside company come and do it onsite.
I did- looks great! A couple of very small bubbles, but driving in the sun erased those, now it’s uniform.

A full PPF wrap (8mm) thick film with a self-healing feature. I love that it is very low-maintenance.

A full PPF wrap (8mm) thick film with a self-healing feature. I love that it is very low-maintenance.

Do you have seams by the intakes on the rear panels? What did they remove from the vehicle if anything?

Having mine done next week.

Do you have seams by the intakes on the rear panels? What did they remove from the vehicle if anything?

Having mine done next week.
Great Question! No Seams on the rear panels.
The only portion my guy asked me to choose is to have a seam on a sharp edge underneath the "lotus" logo on the rear bumper, or he has to remove the "LOTUS" logo to make it one piece. I chose to have a seam instead since he promised me the seam would be VERY difficult to see unless you put your finger to it. I am so glad he delivered what he promised. I am really happy with it.

Sure does look amazing! Any relief cuts needed (especially side scoops) for your STEK PPF?
Do you know if they removed parts for the wrap (headlights, taillights, badges, etc.)?
Thanks! Yes, they had to do some creative cuts above the side scoops. Dark Verdant hides them well, making them hard to see even if you are looking for them. They removed the badges, and I think were able to wrap the lights without removing them.

What percentage tint did you do? I've got a DV as well and trying to decide on tint. Any windshield film?
I went with the legal limit here in Texas, which is 25%. I didn't do any windshield film at this time.

Back from PPF today and I'm ecstatic! PFS in Santa Ana, CA did an incredible job, minimized/hid/eliminated seams to the point where it's really difficult to see unless you're really looking hard for them. Doing a little bake in the So Cal sun right now! The only thing I've noticed is when they put the side badges back on (PFS takes all badges and letters off, and reapplies them over the PPF), the thickness of the 3M adhesive pads has them sticking out a bit from the body. Since I didn't scrutinize this originally, I don't know how they sit from the factory. Can anyone who has NOT had their side badges removed tell me if they sit flush with the body or stick out a bit? I've attached a couple of photos showing this.

Attachments

• IMG_7869.JPG
    IMG_7869.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7868.JPG
    IMG_7868.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7862.JPG
    IMG_7862.JPG
    455.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7860.JPG
    IMG_7860.JPG
    452.8 KB · Views: 51
Just got my car back after full suntek reaction ppf and ceramic coating. Wheels and calipers to follow in a week or so. I am really impressed with how good it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_5106.jpeg
    IMG_5106.jpeg
    654.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5105.jpeg
    IMG_5105.jpeg
    607 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5104.jpeg
    IMG_5104.jpeg
    711 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5103.jpeg
    IMG_5103.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 37
Just got my car back after full suntek reaction ppf and ceramic coating. Wheels and calipers to follow in a week or so. I am really impressed with how good it looks.

Beautiful! Congrats and welcome to the forum!!

Can anyone with 40% or 50% tint take a picture of their side window with the door open so I can see the level of tint. Hell even 35%.. I am trying to figure out the % I want, but can't really figure it out and don't want it too dark as I don't really want drive at night with dark tint.

Thanks
Ryan G

Dumb newbie to PPF question, can any of you share best practices for washing/drying the car? Also, I've heard there might be a need to wait some period of time after PPF application to the first car wash. If true, how long?

Thanks. Just heard from my installer and he tells me I'm good now to wash. Now, any "best practices" to share? XPEL has no rinse products (wipe on, wipe off, seems a bit tedious), and then there are foam products. But on the foam, I'm not sure if I'm just rinsing the foam then drying, or if I'm using a microfiber mitt on the foam first before rinsing, or if there touchless foam products (no wiping, just rinse off then dry) that are safe for PPF. See, I'm pretty ignorant on these topics and really don't want to mess this up. Thanks.

Back