Votes: 115 34.4%
  • PPF Full Wrap

Votes: 157 47.0%
  • Coloured Full Wrap

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 47 14.1%

• Total voters
some of the rolled over edges was peeling back after sitting in the sun .
I saw another Emira that was fully wrapped at the dealer and noticed a bit peeling back on the driver's door on the hinge edge where the angle met. It was visible if you looked into that gap.

I'm in NC, but the dealer is in IN.
Emira PPF Pricing.png

Beware that it's not a roll over wrap.

LOL, same here, If my last 2 cars have not been blue, I would have looked for one of the Blue, probably not Seneca as too many of them running around but Meridian and Atlantis both look quite stunning.
Seeing them in person at Monterey changed my mind on Seneca (was solidly on Hethel Yellow before then). Since I didn't go with the "launch" spec, (i.e, full black pack, alcantara, and diamond cut wheels) which I agree there will probably many from what I've seen, I think my Seneca will be fairly unique (lower black pack only, silver wheels, tan leather), not that I really care about uniqueness. This is near identical to the spec I drove in Monterey and fell in love with! (Sorry to digress from PPF on this thread, I'll shut up now.) :)

What is a roll over wrap?
the film goes all the way to the panel edge and roll over a bit to the other side. The Lotus Dealer one is a pre-cut templates that does not go over the edge. in most places, it does not reach the edge and leaves like a 1-2mm space

Last edited:
the film goes all the way to the panel edge and roll over a bit to the other side. The Lotus Dealer one is a pre-cut templates that does not go over the edge. in most places, it does not reach the edge and leaves like a 1-2mm space
So I'm getting conflicting information on this. On my Elise, the StarShield is like you describe and there are lots of exposed PPF edges that collect dirt and become noticeable lines over time. I didn't want that on the Emira, so I had this specific conversation with Tony @GatorMotorsport a couple months ago and he assured me that the PPF they are installing on the Emiras rolls over the edges so there is no visible PPF edge.

It's the weekend, but I reached out to Tony and hope to hear back as I have to make my PPF decisions this weekend so they can start installation first thing Monday morning so that I can pick up my Emira next Friday! šŸ¤ž

Can anyone else weigh in on this? Are all Lotus dealers installing the same PPF or does this vary?

So I'm getting conflicting information on this. On my Elise, the StarShield is like you describe and there are lots of exposed PPF edges that collect dirt and become noticeable lines over time. I didn't want that on the Emira, so I had this specific conversation with Tony @GatorMotorsport a couple months ago and he assured me that the PPF they are installing on the Emiras rolls over the edges so there is no visible PPF edge.

It's the weekend, but I reached out to Tony and hope to hear back as I have to make my PPF decisions this weekend so they can start installation first thing Monday morning so that I can pick up my Emira next Friday! šŸ¤ž

Can anyone else weigh in on this? Are all Lotus dealers installing the same PPF or does this vary?
Maybe that why the pricing is different than the default Lotus one but still more expensive than an independent shop as I also got full paint correction plus one layer of ceramic for less.

Booked Winston into PFS in Santa Ana this coming Wednesday and had a couple of questions answered by Jason that may be of interest. They remove the badges and lettering and reattach with a template and 3M adhesive on top of the film. They do wrap the sills/vents and if they have a template to follow for the black plastic surround around the shifter they will wrap that. We discussed windshield protection but in discussing my sensitivity to optical distortion (I'm a long-time amateur photographer) Jason suggested passing on it. He said the distortion is not bad but some people notice it more than others and with only a one-year warranty he didn't think it made sense for me (the PPF of course has a ten-year warranty). Likewise, the interior ceramic coating they use only offers a one-year warranty and can be applied to all surfaces except Alcantara. Once again, given the modest warranty vs. the expense we decided to pass. I may just try to find something to apply to the interior myself. Full Vehicle Wrap is $6,800 (Expel Ultimate Clear) with Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating on top of the PPF for $600 (Bronze Package) and wheels off Fusion Plus Ceramic Coat on wheels/calipers for $600 for a total of $8k plus tax. They said they will need the car for 5 days. Will keep everyone posted on the results...gratuitous shot of Winston below...

_D9A9138.jpeg

Does anyone recall a posting, canā€™t even remember which thread, but the OP had outlined the rear vents in black. I think it was a HY Emira with black outlines. If my memory serves it looked good.

Car is getting picked up and transported for PPF this morning. I will be doing a full stealth xpel wrap on my DV emira and intend on leaving all of the black gloss items in gloss wrap. My car only has the lower black pack. I know there have been a few IG posts with this install but happy to provide pictures once everything is finished and I have the car back in my possession!

My detailer told me when they want to wrap over the edges, they still make use of the pre-cut template dimensions, but extend the length of those dimensions to provide more PPF which can go over the edges. Perhaps something to talk to your detailer about, if you want to do a "roll over wrap", although any good detailer should have this figured out.

I got to speak with Tony @ Gator yesterday about PPF for my Emira. I wanted to understand the products, process, warranty, etc. because I'd been hearing conflicting and confusing information about PPF application, etc. For example, someone posted that one dealer's PPF did not "roll over" the edges of the body panels, but I know that I had a conversation with Tony several months ago to clarify this specific point and he assured me that what was being applied did roll over the edges. At the time, I think we were talking about the factory Lotus PPF, but since then I have learned that there are several options.

He explained there are a couple things going on with PPF. Due to the logjam of Emiras at the ports, Lotus was unable to do port install which I guess is what Lotus have done in the past. There is a roving group of official Lotus installers going from dealer to dealer installing the Factory Warranted PPF...this confirms something I'd heard from another Emira owner who got delivery from a dealer here in NC. In addition, Gator is applying their own PPF and sounds like other dealers are offering similar options. Gator's is a different product with a different warranty from the official Lotus PPF.

Hope this helps connect some dots for some of you...it did for me.

They're applying my PPF as I write this. :)

Question for those who have done or planning full body PPF: is your installer PPFā€™ing the rear diffuser and if so is that an extra cost or included in the full body pricing? And what are your opinions on PPFā€™ing the rear diffuser? Necessary? Or just ceramic coat?

PFS charges extra for the rear diffuser (estimate was $1200) which I intend to replace with a CF diffuser at some point so I decided to just ceramic coat the diffuser which was included in the full ceramic package anyway.

Thanks. PFS also quoted me extra for the rear diffuser which is why Iā€™m inquiring. Would like to see what others are experiencing out there. And for the record, PFS quoted me $6800 for full body PPF with +$500 for the rear diffuser. $7300 total. Just not sure itā€™s worth me springing for the extra $500.

Thanks. PFS also quoted me extra for the rear diffuser which is why Iā€™m inquiring. Would like to see what others are experiencing out there. And for the record, PFS quoted me $6800 for full body PPF with +$500 for the rear diffuser. $7300 total. Just not sure itā€™s worth me springing for the extra $500.
I mean youā€™re already spending a boat load already so whatā€™s another few hundred lol

Back