• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

Does this 7 speed have better gearing than Cayman? 75mph+ in 2nd gear is a deal-breaker.

Lovely 😍
Be 110k with 'necessary' options mind
That would do me for life though.
For anyone complaining about power Litchfield do a Stage 1 tune on these to take them to 500bhp
I didn’t think base spec was too bad Leonard - didn’t add loads for my configuration. Haven’t specced a 911 before though, just Caymans, be interested to know what you would add

Good spot thanks - have just sent my configuration to Silverstone. Have you had any indication regarding lead times/number of available units?
Silverstone have just come back, confident of getting me one ‘early Q2 2023’. Given that my Emira was Nov build/Dec delivery, before latest delay, I’m thinking there probably isn’t going to be a lot in it now

How is starting at £98.5k comparable to starting at £60k?
Because the FE is actually 80k and the residual will be far more after 36 48 months so yes more expensive but not miles away. Really depends on how you want to fund your car.

Ok here is the catch Just spoke to Porsche currently 8.9 APR new and used but from December 11.9 APR wow

Guess what that means Lotus financial services APR will only be going one way.

Anyway back to this Emira what a great car lol

I didn’t think base spec was too bad Leonard - didn’t add loads for my configuration. Haven’t specced a 911 before though, just Caymans, be interested to know what you would add
You definitely dont NEED anything really adding.
I like all the lightweight options though so carbon roof and carbon seats (not showing on config yet)
Also like premium paint finish and the trim finishing in black gloss rather than grey plastic.
LED headlights always look great and are as good as you get from a performance perspective
Few bits I always tick for 'free' such as smoking pack and storage net. Like the Rev counter to stick out so that in contrast colour.
Just the above bits are almost £15k...

25% more expensive than and FE, 35% more expensive than a base. In what universe is this cross shopped?
I hear you, but then I have less money than most :)
Both engaging 'lightweight' rear wheel drive 'mid' engine Sports coupes

There will a few people on here who can reach that extra but are they really getting much more in terms of the experience?

Also, it defines you as sheep following the safe route.... Be a wolf and get the Emira.

Saying all that, ha, having a look at that T now :p

There will a few people on here who can reach that extra but are they really getting much more in terms of the experience?

Also, it defines you as sheep following the safe route.... Be a wolf and get the Emira.

Saying all that, ha, having a look at that T now :p
You say that but there will be a lot more Emiras out there than Carrera T's.
Its a bit of a Q Car really. Tell me when you spotted one on the road last and you are an enthusiast and know what you are looking at :)

My biggest issue with Porsche is the 20k ones look like the 100k ones

Unless you're a fan boy literally no one can tell

At least the Emira is different

25% more expensive than and FE, 35% more expensive than a base. In what universe is this cross shopped?
My universe, as said in a previous thread another 10k in deposit and another £300 a month and your in.... Yes the car is another level up but the T sits between the Carrera base and Carrera S so not at the high 911 end.

Admittadly that was until I saw their new APR rates, they are a game changer. ouch

There are also some amazing 2nd hand, not that old, Porsches you can buy which might make more sense to some.

e.g. 991 GT3
The 100k (99k if you haggle) 991.1 GT3 with PDK (circa 2014) does seem like a bargain currently.
My mate just bought a lovely white one from the OPC with 2 years warranty and its a right peachy screamer 😁

My universe, as said in a previous thread another 10k in deposit and another £300 a month and your in.... Yes the car is another level up but the T sits between the Carrera base and Carrera S so not at the high 911 end.

Admittadly that was until I saw their new APR rates, they are a game changer. ouch
By the time you get an allocation the price would have gone up further and the APR even more so!