• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

My biggest issue with Porsche is the 20k ones look like the 100k ones

Unless you're a fan boy literally no one can tell

At least the Emira is different
I love Porsche and always will, had so many down the years but I do hear where your coming from looks wise.

I had a 718 and got out fairly quick as I was board mainly by the looks tbf but the 992 for me is such a beauty.

There are also some amazing 2nd hand, not that old, Porsches you can buy which might make more sense to some.

e.g. 991 GT3
Only if you get warranty as some of those engines are like bubblegum.

My universe, as said in a previous thread another 10k in deposit and another £300 a month and your in.... Yes the car is another level up but the T sits between the Carrera base and Carrera S so not at the high 911 end.

Admittadly that was until I saw their new APR rates, they are a game changer. ouch

Another 10k and another 300 a month?

You may as well add 50k more and 1000 a month and cross shop a Ferrari 296

I love Porsche and always will, had so many down the years but I do hear where your coming from looks wise.

I had a 718 and got out fairly quick as I was board mainly by the looks tbf but the 992 for me is such a beauty.

I've no doubt they're amazing cars.

But they do absolutely nothing for me stylistically.

By the time you get an allocation the price would have gone up further and the APR even more so!
100%, Buying a new car has become so difficult now, such a shame really as that for me has always been a big part of the buzz.

Happy to send you the comparison quotes in a pvt message if your interested ?

Emira V6 FE
6.9 APR
OTR £83,000
Deposit 20k
24 month £750
8000 Mpa
Balloon 53k

Porsche Carrera T
6.9 APR
OTR £114,000 with 10k options
Deposit 30k
24 month £950
8000 Mpa
Balloon 72k

Potentially get a better deal at 36 or 48 months.

Yes the Porsche is another level but if you have anther 10k sitting around and don't mind slightly higher payments then I think the Porsche is worth a look.

Emira is still better looking thou.

$155,360 for my dream spec... and that's before ADM and taxes. Remember, some dealers have ~$100k+ ADM on the GT4RS.

Cool car, but yeah, it's just another Porsche that looks like all the others (even with my PTS Acid Green and the ~$40k in options). 🙄 I'll take my fully loaded Emira First Edition for $55k less (again, before ADM) and more power (though the turbo Porsche tuning ability is intriguing).

Screenshot_20221019_075954.jpg

Screenshot_20221019_080034.jpg

$155,360 for my dream spec... and that's before ADM and taxes. Remember, some dealers have ~$100k+ ADM on the GT4RS.

Cool car, but yeah, it's just another Porsche that looks like all the others (even with my PTS Acid Green and the ~$40k in options). 🙄 I'll take my fully loaded Emira First Edition for $55k less (again, before ADM) and more power (though the turbo Porsche tuning ability is intriguing).

View attachment 9921

View attachment 9922
Lovely that, Id only lose the rear wing. But stunner. You could save 'a bit' not doing paint to sample lol (unless thats a std paint in USA?)

View attachment 9921

View attachment 9922
Great spec, I love the rear wing would go with the black pack on it thou.

if it wasnt for the very dated interior of the 718...the spyder would be a better bet...... and even with the interior...perhaps
This ^ is my greatest fear..... :( I really really hope that the Emira feels a bit more special. I think it's just hope at this point.

Lovely that, Id only lose the rear wing. But stunner. You could save 'a bit' not doing paint to sample lol (unless thats a std paint in USA?)
Yeah I could go either way on the wing. I suppose that should be reserved for the GT lineup. I just added the full aero kit. And PTS is a must IMO! Not just for exclusivity, but resale value too. 😉

Power wise, I guess the car is not 385 and is closer to 395 on the Dyno, while the Lotus probably drops to 395 on the Dyno. But as Leonard said, a chip change and you have way more power than you need. A higher red line.... more colour choices.....
Downside.... you are now a porsche driver...and that sucks! haha
I’d be shocked if the Emira put down more than 350whp on the dyno. Unless you’re talking about calculated horsepower to the crank.

They could have a general disability. Looking at the above car and the parking id say it was probably sight related
Good point! That explains how they found the Panamera's styling to be acceptable. ;)