• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

I’d be shocked if the Emira put down more than 350whp on the dyno. Unless you’re talking about calculated horsepower to the crank.

Me too. I was surprised when I researched Lotus dyno charts. I guess they overrate their vehicles? There's no reason for that much drivetrain loss in the mid engine RWD car! 😒

Me too. I was surprised when I researched Lotus dyno charts. I guess they overrate their vehicles? There's no reason for that much drivetrain loss in the mid engine RWD car! 😒
I think it mostly has to do with that ancient double final drive ea60 transmission. It wasn’t exactly designed for efficiency.

I think it mostly has to do with that ancient double final drive ea60 transmission. It wasn’t exactly designed for efficiency.

But but Lotus completely rebuilds it, right?...right!?

#rav4transftw 😂

$155,360 for my dream spec... and that's before ADM and taxes. Remember, some dealers have ~$100k+ ADM on the GT4RS.

Cool car, but yeah, it's just another Porsche that looks like all the others (even with my PTS Acid Green and the ~$40k in options). 🙄 I'll take my fully loaded Emira First Edition for $55k less (again, before ADM) and more power (though the turbo Porsche tuning ability is intriguing).

View attachment 9921

View attachment 9922
Building a T to 155 is silly talk #gts$

A noisy sports car? Say it ain’t so!
Rewind to 6:20s

Cabin noise 80db+ at 60mph...
noiselevelchart.png

6db is double the volume

Last edited:
Yeah I could go either way on the wing. I suppose that should be reserved for the GT lineup. I just added the full aero kit. And PTS is a must IMO! Not just for exclusivity, but resale value too. 😉
Keep the wing! 😈

You're missing the point.

It's a sports car, if you want a quiet interior, stick to a luxury box of some kind?
Me? I quoted Harry (founder of EVO magazine) who has lots of experience with cars.
Sports car which should be daily driver and you can not chat on motorway as noise from tyre and wind is so laud? Sorry this I have on my Aprilia Tuono V4 motorbike. Sports car of course should not be S classe quiet, but 100k aspiring to be daily driver car should be livable, otherwise you should sell it as track only car. Harry said, porsche is so obsessed with Nürburgring times that they scarified basic comfort even for sports car standards. 80db is alarm clock level. Acceptable in gt3 or gt2 from the engine, but not normal carrera from the tire. But hey, people do not pay attention to this so porsche do not care. Every one says it is great so it has to be great.

Last edited:
I think this is where we need a clear distinction between Sports GT Car and Sports Car.

All sports cars should have adjustable valves anyway. Easy to do.

I'm just not sure why you'd buy a 911T and expect a 911T to be quiet or comfortable.

The marketing material touts weight savings from rear-seat delete, reduced sound deadening, thinner window glass, sportier and firmer seats, and firmer and shorter springs with lower ride height -- all in the name of purism and driving pleasure.

Good spot thanks - have just sent my configuration to Silverstone. Have you had any indication regarding lead times/number of available units?
Things like this is what I've been saying will keep a lid on Emira prices as well as take some of the shine off the Emira as new competitive products come along. I'm keeping my deposit on the Emira but in the meantime (the next 1-2years) seriously thinking about buying an Elise or Exige as a toy, then see how I feel when my turn with the Emira eventually comes along. I might decide all I wanted was a toy...:)