• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

I wonder which car would arrive first a 911 T or the Emira…
Emira F/E (700 units) in the US before the 911 T - 100% the 911 T arrives before any base Emira.

Once the Emira price increase comes in, it will be very very hard to argue a small increase to not pick the 911 T. It will be the best pick out of the bunch. The Carrera S, unless you get PDK, the manual version felt slower than the cayman GT4/Spyder. The manual gearbox in the 911's are re-worked/modified PDK gearboxes. It does not have a mechanical feel to this shift at all. It is not the Box used in GT cars. I personally do not like 992 manual's ( except for GT cars) Rennlist has a bunch of info on the 992 manual box.

See I quite like that...
Under the radar for the win 🏆
It's not a good "under the radar" though. It's more like Leonard is associated with the average buyer of a Porsche (most just posers with $$$). Whereas the Emira would be "this guy is creative, original and knows his stuff...even if grumpy".

It's not a good "under the radar" though. It's more like Leonard is associated with the average buyer of a Porsche (most just posers with $$$). Whereas the Emira would be "this guy is creative, original and knows his stuff...even if grumpy".
Hard to argue with that 😅

As tempting at that 911+T is, seems it's a "reach" in that the only gain is the 911-badge (vs Cayman GTS or Emira)
Pay more to get a less ideal engine placement?
Does have a leg up on Emira for practical luggage capacity.
#ForTheLook .. applies to Emira and 911-T equally in my mind.
And yes - many folks can't see anything but a 911 if it's P and two doors.

New vs used .. now it's different, but when I picked up a 5k mile CPO car 30% off MSRP, the savings would buy 150,000 miles of fuel. Or about 8 years insurance and still 100,00 miles fuel. Still 5 years of warranty at the time.

Sold my '19 911T six months ago thinking my Emira would Q1-2 '23... Not Q3-4'23. It was awesome and now thinking about speccing a 992T which put me at $142K ($153K with pts option). Granted the spec would include: rear wheel streering, front axle lift, and other goodies not available on the Emira. Too bad T deliveries would not be until spring.
I am torn.

Although the 911 T is base spec I’d still say it’s a different league to Emira, so not really a fair comparison.
Emira is more an Alpine A110 competitor….

Yeah from the progress in the latest video -- there's almost no chance of Emiras arriving stateside by early Q2 2023, maybe Q3?
My P-Car rep told an hour ago they have no delivery date as of yet for a "T" alloction... Though he will gladly assist me in speccing and ordering + for just $11K more I can finally have bright ass green car of my dreams!

Last edited:
My P-Car rep told an hour ago they have no delivery date as of yet for a "T" alloction... Though he will gladly assist me in speccing and ordering + for just $11K more I can finally have bright ass green car of my dreams!
Can you give an example of what you consider "bright ass green"? 😃