• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

no
GT3? Yes I have... Base 991, yes (not manual obviously). Your right it's not the best gear change, however the T gets the GTS shifter / throw. I have not driven a GTS 992 manual, but from what I have heard it is much better than the S shift.

Also the price delta between GTS and T is big enough for me to outright choose the T.

SPASM, GTS manual Throw, Base engine, Sport Seats, Sport exhaust, Better Wheels all upgraded from the Base all for a small amount more on the base price. Worth it IMO. The "S" just isn't a great manual Porsche. My 2 cents.

If money was no option I would opt for a GTS, why not get more power.... Then again is money was no object I would just get a GT3 touring.
... the T, have u driven a T?

but they had one on the 991 didnt they?
They did, never got to drive it. Very difficult to find in Canada. For some reason it was either not popular or they just didn't make many for our market. To be honest, I find many more turbo's and GTS when you go to a Porsche dealer... the base is a rare sight over here... T is almost non existent.

I beleive the 991T '18 & '19 was approx 2000 total global production. My guess is they will increse production for the 992. PTS is now an option for the T compared to the 991 which was limited to just a handful of stock paint colors.

Isn’t the T more of an upgraded base 911, whereas GTS sits above CS & below Turbo?
Saying that, you can’t go wrong with any 911…
Yes the Carrera T sits between the Carrera base and Carrera S but it comes with a few nice extras like sports exhaust and chrono pack. It’s basically set up as a more daily focused car.

A great car for the money and a real keeper

I popped into Porsche Mayfair today in London and they said middle to end of 2023 for delivery.
The new special colour Ice grey metallic is amazing.

I have been drooling over the Emira every day since I placed my deposit last October. This T is the first car to seriously turn my head (Yes I'd go for the wing - White with the 911 Carrera decal splashed on the door). That grabs almost as much attention as an Emira (without any ancient Japanese bits to apologize for). The question is how will the Base V6 price out. My closest Lotus dealership 80 miles away and is as reputable as Joe-Isuzu. (Won't promise MSRP - We'll have to see what 'the market' is like when it lands) I've never owned a German car. Might be time to put down a deposit and see how the chips fall. Luckily deposits are refundable in my state. I have a hunch whatever premium I'd pay for the Carrera I'd get back in residual value when I sell.

Last edited:
I have been drooling over the Emira every day since I placed my deposit last October. This T is the first car to seriously turn my head (Yes I'd go for the wing - White with the 911 Carrera decal splashed on the door). That grabs almost as much attention as an Emira (without any ancient Japanese bits to apologize for). The question is how will the Base V6 price out. My closest Lotus dealership 80 miles away and is as reputable as Joe-Isuzu. (Won't promise MSRP - We'll have to see what 'the market' is like when it lands) I've never owned a German car. Might be time to put down a deposit and see how the chips fall. Luckily deposits are refundable in my state. I have a hunch whatever premium I'd pay for the Carrera I'd get back in residual value when I sell.
Although you’re right about Porsche residuals, in the states, the Emira base shouldn’t come anywhere near the price if the T. I read it starts at 112k us; that’s probably 30k more than the Emira.

Wish I could stomach the additional cost but I can’t see that happening.

I know it’s at odds with the T designation, but can you spec the carbon bucket seats for the T in the UK? They are in the PH press release but can’t see them on the configurator.

I know it’s at odds with the T designation, but can you spec the carbon bucket seats for the T in the UK? They are in the PH press release but can’t see them on the configurator.
I asked that very question and was assured that it would be an option in the new year.

Apparently there is a world shortage of parts or something.

So you spec your car, pay £10k deposit and tweak your spec in Feb?
You pay a 5k deposit and that will be fully refundable until they release all the details.

So worth getting in the queue if your really interested.

Im making a decision after nexts weeks launch event of the Eletre and based on how bad my bad news will be when the email finally lands.

You pay a 5k deposit and that will be fully refundable until they release all the details.

So worth getting in the queue if your really interested.

Im making a decision after nexts weeks launch event of the Eletre and based on how bad my bad news will be when the email finally lands.
This is very tempting to just switch the deposit over. Id rather get a car in May-July anyway than an Emira in Jan

Carrera T - manual - Carbon buckets. That's all you need in that car. It would be the least grand touring apart from a GT3. Get it in black with the grey accents.... beauty!

@Leonard would you take a 718 Spyder or the 911 T if they were the same price?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back