• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

In the U.S., the difference between the T and Carrera S is only $6,600k, which to me makes it a tougher decision between the two.

In the U.S., the difference between the T and Carrera S is only $6,600k, which to me makes it a tougher decision between the two.
add in Sport PASM and Sport Exhaust it's a little more of a delta.

but surely the US dealer will mark up the first T's also....
I love a 911, but in terms of fun to drive..... a T is not a gT3 by a long way is it.... turbo engine....wide heavy....
Each to their own... I dont think I am too tempted by the T.. to answer lotustorontos question, I think I'd prefer a spyder NA engine...
I have a hunch there will be a lot more Carrera Ts pumped out than Emiras. By the time my Carrera T would deliver I suspect the ADM will have disappeared. Emira will be much lower quantity. Porsche dealerships are selling a lot of cars/SUVs every month. How many Gems have these Lotus dealerships seen released in the last decade? Well they have one now and I am predicting the agonizing ADM squeeze. If you don't want it there's someone right behind you who does. I only have a deposit down now on a Base V6. Don't have an official contract. Havent even seen pricing. As of today they won't give me a straight answer about ADM. I want to have a backup plan so I can say F-you if they try to gouge.

A gt3 is nothing like a gts though!

I’ve had a palmer sport jp3 on a track a few times and it was amazing

The gts was refined, relatively fast and comfortable… but a detached and uninvolving drive… the interior a little staid. Got back in my old model vantage and grinned from ear to ear on the same roads
992 GTS is a different animal to 991. Previous to 992 is was a dressed up CS, but in this gen they’ve given it brakes from Turbo S & some chassis elements from GT3. Well worth another look….

I have a hunch there will be a lot more Carrera Ts pumped out than Emiras. By the time my Carrera T would deliver I suspect the ADM will have disappeared. Emira will be much lower quantity. Porsche dealerships are selling a lot of cars/SUVs every month. How many Gems have these Lotus dealerships seen released in the last decade? Well they have one now and I am predicting the agonizing ADM squeeze. If you don't want it there's someone right behind you who does. I only have a deposit down now on a Base V6. Don't have an official contract. Havent even seen pricing. As of today they won't give me a straight answer about ADM. I want to have a backup plan so I can say F-you if they try to gouge.
I believe they only made circa 2000 991 Carrera Ts worldwide. So it's a rare car.
The relatively low power means folk buy the Carrera S and GTS over them.

992 GTS is a different animal to 991. Previous to 992 is was a dressed up CS, but in this gen they’ve given it brakes from Turbo S & some chassis elements from GT3. Well worth another look….
My mates is stunning 😍

20220901_163620.jpg

I think they will make more t than last time but it will still be rarer than an emira 150 ish uk last time will they make them in 992.2 form? Nobody knows.

my benchmark is also now a Macan GTS, so I imagine any old £$%£$ is likely to be more exciting to drive!!

not keen on paying north of 100k for such a common car though...

I really hope the porsche isn't another level, as I found the 991 GTS incredibly dull!!

If the emira doesn't float my boat after the test drive, I'll probably go 18 plate vantage
Trust me the 911 has always been known for a hard ride it did get better with the 991 but the 992 is another level, give it a try if you haven't you won't be disappointed. The more I look at this Carrera T and what you get with it the more it interests me. Only thing stopping me is the eagerly awaited announcement of the 992.2.

Also note that the base 991 Carrera came in a manual. The 992 Base is PDK only. I suspect this version of the T will be far more popular just for this fact alone.

Again the difference in power between the MANUAL "T" and "S" won't be as big a difference as you think. PDK, yes you feel the S power much more.

Carrera T 0-60 = 4.5
Carrera S 0-60 = 4.2
Carrera GTS 0-60 = 4.1

You would need to be very good with a manual to get that difference or times. Most people will be very similar.

On the UK site it says the Carrera T does...

Performance
Top speed
181 mph
Acceleration 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h)
4.0 secs

And on a YouTube video I just watched said the PDK would do 0-60 in 3.8 second's.

Trust me the 911 has always been known for a hard ride it did get better with the 991 but the 992 is another level, give it a try if you haven't you won't be disappointed. The more I look at this Carrera T and what you get with it the more it interests me. Only thing stopping me is the eagerly awaited announcement of the 992.2.
992.2 looks a little ugly to my eye if this is it (?) Don't like the front chin as much and what's with those ray-gun lights sticking out??

1666447841649.png

Not sure that will be the finished car but do agree not a fan of what I see in that picture.

992.2 looks a little ugly to my eye if this is it (?) Don't like the front chin as much and what's with those ray-gun lights sticking out??

View attachment 10010
Ugh I agree with you. Why on earth are all auto manufacturerers going with these giant black swaths of grills in front now? The "Lexusfication" of all new vehicles!

View attachment 10010
they have used the eye side lights to disguise cars several times, so no, it wont have them.
I agree, the front grill looks kind of ugly to me too, they have also done away with the bacon strips at the back and seem to have moved to the wire mesh type grill of the GT3 touring....

Im not convinced as of yet that the .2 will be better looking that the .0, but the interior will be better and it will naturally have more power. Its unclear whether all / which cars will be hybrids, the turbo 100% will be, but they say the carreras also......
Not sure if the gt3 touring will get an update..... could be the last 100% NA car from porsche......

well now you've built your T, maybe you can pop along to Hethel and build your damn E...

haha
Oh but I realized my lot in life when I jumped the FE list in March due to barely missing my allocation, switched dealers and got added to the bottom feeder base list. And throw the US locale in there and I'm firmly in 2024 😒

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back