• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

The 911 T looks incredible.

it is better than an Emira if you add what one should do to a luxurious sweet f'n ride like that 911 T could be.

However, I would create a $140k version of it to make it the best car out there. that's quite a big jump, plus tax here of 8.63%, over the Emira with everything maxed out. Emira is the value king still. Long term and short term, probably the best car to keep and drive daily.

I am a big big porche fan too.

I don't know about this T.
Same as my ONLY possible 'issue' with the lovely Emira - outright speed and noise.

I'd rather get an older, faster, noisier, quality 911 which will hold its value in a similar way.

Still, a new car is a new car and it does look nice. If it was £100k all-in then it looks okay but at £120 to £130k - no chance - much rather have a slightly old Targa.

I don't know about this T.
Same as my ONLY possible 'issue' with the lovely Emira - outright speed and noise.

I'd rather get an older, faster, noisier, quality 911 which will hold its value in a similar way.

Still, a new car is a new car and it does look nice. If it was £100k all-in then it looks okay but at £120 to £130k - no chance - much rather have a slightly old Targa.
Yeah I suppose its down to taste, I wouldn't go near a targa as just don't like the look and wouldn't take an old Porsche either as I do love a brand new car.

Lets see how this email goes in the next couple of days then i can decide what to do might cancel my GTS for end of next year and bring it forward for a nice Carrera T

I must admit, when I made this original post I thought I'd just bring to light another potential competitor to the Emira...the fact it has prompted so much debate just goes to show how many of us are perhaps getting a little jaded with the constant further delays ...and seeking alternative solutions.

I have always admired the 911, but never quite yearned one enough. I just see too many of them on the road and for me my car needs to be something different, something special. It is why I have owned TVRs a Noble and an Aston. My motoring journey will have been satisfied once I have owned a Lotus, an Ariel and perhaps a Morgan (when I feel old enough). Not that I am jingoistic, but I do like to support the British brands...we should never forget how privileged we are to have such diverse, eccentric and well engineered products on tap.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait too much longer.

Yeah I suppose its down to taste, I wouldn't go near a targa as just don't like the look and wouldn't take an old Porsche either as I do love a brand new car.

Lets see how this email goes in the next couple of days then i can decide what to do might cancel my GTS for end of next year and bring it forward for a nice Carrera T
I dont see an email this week....... possibly next... and i ha ve a feeling for some it will indeed be the straw that broke the bolted horses back

• Winner
Reactions: DJS
I won't own another 992 gen 911 (outside of gt3)... but if I wanted more of daily sports car/GT this is the one to have. The Carrera T is probably the perfect purists 911.

Isn’t the T more of an upgraded base 911, whereas GTS sits above CS & below Turbo?
Saying that, you can’t go wrong with any 911…

Isn’t the T more of an upgraded base 911, whereas GTS sits above CS & below Turbo?
Saying that, you can’t go wrong with any 911…
Yes ^ - The issues with the different levels of the power increases from Base - S - GTS is not that different in the Manual. If your getting PDK, absolutely you will feel the difference, especially base to GTS. IMO I would take the T with the manual, and comes standard with SPASM.

Yes ^ - The issues with the different levels of the power increases from Base - S - GTS is not that different in the Manual. If your getting PDK, absolutely you will feel the difference, especially base to GTS. IMO I would take the T with the manual, and comes standard with SPASM.
Makes sense, base is not available in manual, so I guess T fills that void

I won't own another 992 gen 911 (outside of gt3)... but if I wanted more of daily sports car/GT this is the one to have. The Carrera T is probably the perfect purists 911.
Any reason you don’t like the 992 in particular? Strikes me as getting too big (let’s forget how wide the Emira is for now please 😇). But I have never driven the 992 so for me the T is a serious contender.

have u driven one?

I mean... still a turbo engine... how different does it feel from an S? its a manual yes, but not the best gear change.. long throw...javelin like.... 30/40 kilos lighter, I could loose that with a few less Cornettos during the year? No really, I wonder how different it really is.....

Any reason you don’t like the 992 in particular? Strikes me as getting too big (let’s forget how wide the Emira is for now please 😇). But I have never driven the 992 so for me the T is a serious contender.
Just the over all feel is more Grand Tourer than sports car. It's not an exciting car to drive. In a weird way it is almost too good. The shift in the manual was also not very good IMO. I think the 992 is best in PDK form and used as a daily. In that scenario it is possibly the best GT car you can buy for the money. As a weekend toy, not so much. To be honest there is not much fault against the 911. It is a great machine. I had an S manual, if I had the choice I would have taken the T manual. I like a little more of a raw experience for the weekend's / odd track day.

Also the problem with all Carrera 992 Manual's is the gearbox is a modified PDK transmission. Not a traditional manual box, like found in a GT3/4. You notice that difference.

Last edited:
have u driven one?

I mean... still a turbo engine... how different does it feel from an S? its a manual yes, but not the best gear change.. long throw...javelin like.... 30/40 kilos lighter, I could loose that with a few less Cornettos during the year? No really, I wonder how different it really is.....
GT3? Yes I have... Base 991, yes (not manual obviously). Your right it's not the best gear change, however the T gets the GTS shifter / throw. I have not driven a GTS 992 manual, but from what I have heard it is much better than the S shift.

Also the price delta between GTS and T is big enough for me to outright choose the T.

SPASM, GTS manual Throw, Base engine, Sport Seats, Sport exhaust, Better Wheels all upgraded from the Base all for a small amount more on the base price. Worth it IMO. The "S" just isn't a great manual Porsche. I don't think you will feel the extra power in manual form as much. My 2 cents.

If money was no option I would opt for a GTS, why not get more power.... Then again is money was no object I would just get a GT3 touring.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back