• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Post-delivery questions

Skinwarrior

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally received my Emira yesterday- so far I love the car and it seems to have been worth the almost 3 year wait. According to the dealer (who has been wrong on many occasions), they are not expecting any more FE V6 manuals.

2 questions for those who recently picked up their cars:

1) has this window label been addressed in another thread? Is anyone actually complying with these instructions?

2) I did not receive a Lotus battery charger. The dealer claims that only their first deliveries (that were sitting idle for months) received them. Has any other recent US pickup NOT received the charger?

Attachments

• C6FB372F-5E1F-46FD-A5EA-CCAF02AA7164.jpeg
    C6FB372F-5E1F-46FD-A5EA-CCAF02AA7164.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 71
1) New to me - not even sure what that means, so I guess I'm non-compliant

2) I was a May 2024 production/July delivery. I was told the chargers are on backorder and would be mailed directly to me. A "battery maintainer" is on my window sticker, and I imagine it's on yours too, so I wouldn't accept, "they're only for first deliveries."

I received no such window label and wonder if it’s there as part of the dealer PDI process, for the initial dealer vehicle use following factory delivery? Regardless, I was never told about that nor did that, and my window seals are just fine.

I was told the battery tenders were on back-order, expected in the Fall, and no one was getting them with the N. America vehicle deliveries but we’d get one later. I took delivery in early June.

I received no such window label and wonder if it’s there as part of the dealer PDI process, for the initial dealer vehicle use following factory delivery? Regardless, I was never told about that nor did that, and my window seals are just fine.
Correct - that window label is for "shipping mode" only and should have been removed by the dealer at PDI when the car was prepared for retail sale....

I picked my car up in the middle of May and it had the battery tender. It is listed on the window sticker. Weirdly, I just got a text from the be dealer last week (Lotus Philadelphia) asking if I received one when I picked up the car.

Its from the dealer, if your windows auto dip you can take it off.

(edit- its from lotus, dealer just didnt take it off for some reason)