Race to the first i4

Congrats! You'll surely enjoy it!

The non BP Nimbus with chrome wheels is the I4 Demo car that was crashed and has now been repaired.
Wow, they repaired it?! From the photo, I had thought it was beyond repair...

Congrats! You'll surely enjoy it!

Wow, they repaired it?! From the photo, I had thought it was beyond repair...
this was another crashed Emira, not that one 😭 This demo car wasn’t so badly damaged I’m told. Expensive to repair and difficult to get parts apparently.

I had a drive in the Demo car but I need some seat time in my own car to get a proper feel for it. My original spec was Touring, my new car is on Sport with Goodyear. Demo is a Sport on Cup 2. Shitty roads around here, the Touring would be better I think, but I’ll manage, it’s not my daily.

Maybe something big, maybe a typographical error, but the VIN decoder just published by NHTSA for the US market indicates that the AMG M139 will have 400HP for the US market. If the US does get the 400HP version, it would make sense for the same to be true of other regions. Maybe this is the cause for the delays?

View attachment 34026
Looking at the document you linked in the USA/Canada Delivery Thread the submission to the NHTSA is related to the V6 rather than the I4, it does not guarantee that US I4s will have the M designation, they could add alternative letters down the line when submitting the paperwork for the I4 variant.

M for 298kW is supported by the interior image posted by @lynchy73 above as the VIN is visible on the door pillar sticker. This does contain M in the engine position for a 400hp Chinese market car. What it could be is that the M is included in the decoder because that variant is currently the only other variant in production currently.

Conversely there is a VIN against my UK spec I4 order on My Lotus and this has a K in the engine position which does suggest a different variant. However, it does also have a P in the MY position (MY24 is R) so I expect with the delays to production the VIN probably isn't final until the car eventually does hit production.

What happened to the missing 0.375487 hp?
It's just an artefact of converting kW to hp and not rounding to the nearest integer (which would be 400).

Looking at the document you linked in the USA/Canada Delivery Thread the submission to the NHTSA is related to the V6 rather than the I4, it does not guarantee that US I4s will have the M designation, they could add alternative letters down the line when submitting the paperwork for the I4 variant.

M for 298kW is supported by the interior image posted by @lynchy73 above as the VIN is visible on the door pillar sticker. This does contain M in the engine position for a 400hp Chinese market car. What it could be is that the M is included in the decoder because that variant is currently the only other variant in production currently.

Conversely there is a VIN against my UK spec I4 order on My Lotus and this has a K in the engine position which does suggest a different variant. However, it does also have a P in the MY position (MY24 is R) so I expect with the delays to production the VIN probably isn't final until the car eventually does hit production.

It's just an artefact of converting kW to hp and not rounding to the nearest integer (which would be 400).
Just checked on ‘My Lotus’ when I logged to check my order status and it says I have no orders, anyone else checked when they login?! They rang last week and said it was delayed, gone all together now! Ordered the thing in July 21’…

Just checked on ‘My Lotus’ when I logged to check my order status and it says I have no orders, anyone else checked when they login?! They rang last week and said it was delayed, gone all together now! Ordered the thing in July 21’…
They updated the website, the My Lotus login that you navigate to on the website won't have your order.
Any orders placed before 15th November need to use the following link to view the order (it is mentioned on the sign in to My Lotus page but in relatively small text)

They updated the website, the My Lotus login that you navigate to on the website won't have your order.
Any orders placed before 15th November need to use the following link to view the order (it is mentioned on the sign in to My Lotus page but in relatively small text)
Ah found it through that link, I still have an order, no car but an order, thankyou!

Race to the First I4 might be one of the more ironic thread titles on the Emira forums. I’ve never seen a three (four) year race before. 😂

Has anyone had an honest answer as to the reason for the I4 delay?
I just left the brand new dealership in Munich on odeonsplatz, and they didn't even know there were any delivery delays. 😅

Hat jemand eine ehrliche Antwort auf den Grund für die I4-Verzögerung?
Ich habe gerade das brandneue Autohaus in München am Odeonsplatz verlassen, und sie wusste nicht einmal, dass es Lieferverzögerungen gab. 😅
🤣..., no comment....

Last edited:

Went for a test drive yesterday and my sales contact was my ridealong. We're talking about the NHTSA doc and he also believes that with the delay in the I4, there'll probably just be one I4 spec for the whole world. He basically admitted that the only reason that Lotus spec'ed the 360 was that they don't want to compete with the V6 at launch and that now that with the delay, they will likely offer another allocation of FE2.5 V6 to all the dealers and delay base V6 configurator to end of 24. Which will satisfy most of the V6 manual demand. They'll focus more on promoting the I4 since they'll need to sell quite a few to offset the the V6 with the increasing emission restriction towards 2030.

This one is only coming from me. I asked what's the manual/auto ration on the FE orders and he said that it's close to 90% manual. That would means maybe 100 auto from FE 1.0 and another 100 in FE2.0. I don't know about the rest of the world but to me, it's increasing likely that V6 auto will not happen. even with a world wide demand of 500 V6 auto, it's just not worth it to maintain parts and service training. If they offer those with V6 auto deposit an early position in the I4 production queue, they'll likely get most of them to switch over with minimal lost of sales.

Has anyone had an honest answer as to the reason for the I4 delay?
I just left the brand new dealership in Munich on odeonsplatz, and they didn't even know there were any delivery delays. 😅
My sales contact believes that part of it is to address the out of sync /delay between the instrument panel rev indicator and the actual shift and other shifting issues report on the early press cars (but why would they continue to ship to China) but even with that's why would it take 9 months (although they have to go through AMG to make the tune). I know Lotus didn't plan for this as they're now talking about making further FE 2.0 allocation available to dealers. Otherwise, they'll run out of work to do at the factory before I4 production begins.

just to keep it separate from the FE 2.0 allocation. In addition to my I4 order, I also have a deposit on a V6 manual which I plan to exercise when they make the last V6 manual production run in a few years. But given the delay on the I4, I was told that he can get me into a V6 manual in Q4 24 if I want since they're getting further FE allocations (be it 2.5 or 3.0) Your dealer should have their allocation quantity in a month or two with delivery starting near end of 2024.

Last edited:
just to keep it separate from the FE 2.0 allocation
Oh for sure, I just think it's funny how we're now into the "minor release" semantic versioning. Up next I assume will be a bug fix release of "FE 2.5.1" Emiras. 😄

My sales contact believes that part of it is to address the out of sync /delay between the instrument panel rev indicator and the actual shift and other shifting issues report on the early press cars (but why would they continue to ship to China) but even with that's why would it take 9 months (although they have to go through AMG to make the tune). I know Lotus didn't plan for this as they're now talking about making further FE 2.0 allocation available to dealers. Otherwise, they'll run out of work to do at the factory before I4 production begins.
Thank you wiz33 for your comments, your comments jump me to three conclusions
1) Deliveries in the second half of the year will be delayed, again. Hopefully we will see my car in October/November.
2) The problems with the changes occur also on the mercedes, do you really think they will be able to fix something on a car that is not "theirs"?
3) Different declared power means: new gas certificate, and we all know what it means.

Another interesting thing, actually the vendors whom I have contact have in stock an automatic v6, not i4 or manual v6...

Went for a test drive yesterday and my sales contact was my ridealong. We're talking about the NHTSA doc and he also believes that with the delay in the I4, there'll probably just be one I4 spec for the whole world. He basically admitted that the only reason that Lotus spec'ed the 360 was that they don't want to compete with the V6 at launch and that now that with the delay, they will likely offer another allocation of FE2.5 V6 to all the dealers and delay base V6 configurator to end of 24. Which will satisfy most of the V6 manual demand. They'll focus more on promoting the I4 since they'll need to sell quite a few to offset the the V6 with the increasing emission restriction towards 2030.

This one is only coming from me. I asked what's the manual/auto ration on the FE orders and he said that it's close to 90% manual. That would means maybe 100 auto from FE 1.0 and another 100 in FE2.0. I don't know about the rest of the world but to me, it's increasing likely that V6 auto will not happen. even with a world wide demand of 500 V6 auto, it's just not worth it to maintain parts and service training. If they offer those with V6 auto deposit an early position in the I4 production queue, they'll likely get most of them to switch over with minimal lost of sales.

Well I’ve already got one (UK V6 Auto) and it’s great…..

Does anyone know if My Lotus will be coming to other countries with the revamp, particularly US/Canada? Apparently my Canadian dealer didn't even know it existed in GB

Does anyone know if My Lotus will be coming to other countries with the revamp, particularly US/Canada? Apparently my Canadian dealer didn't even know it existed in GB
Don't think so, I spoke with my dealer extensively about the MyLotus portal. He was un aware too, but he did some research, and it seems to be for folks that purchased directly from Lotus. But don't take that as gospel. I did try to register from the link(s) I was able to find (for grins), its tied to the email you used to lock in your order, but it didn't recognize my email; the system is supposed to send you login information..

Well following the Pistonheads article mentioned in another thread I emailed Lotus CC to chase regarding my order, and as a result have now had the scripted call from them, along with an apology for not having been contacted as of yet.

Nothing new to add information wise, they're still saying that there is no confirmation with respect to the pricing of the car and nothing more concrete on timescales than summer.

I didn't ask about it but one thing I'm specifically wondering about with respect to the delay, especially after seeing it mentioned in Harry's Eletre video, is the incoming mandatory implementation of "Intelligent" Speed Assist which will need to be on all new cars sold in UK & EU from early July 2024. The first customer I4s are going to be getting rather close to this deadline (if we're taking things as by summer as by June), even more so if there is any further slippage...

As Medic518 says I think the portal is just for those who have ordered directly from Lotus. In NA you've got the dealer as the middle man between you and Lotus. I think the revamp may just have been to get My Lotus working better (for new orders), as according to its associated FAQs the first version couldn't show Emira orders if there was an Eletre order already in the system.

Well following the Pistonheads article mentioned in another thread I emailed Lotus CC to chase regarding my order, and as a result have now had the scripted call from them, along with an apology for not having been contacted as of yet.

Nothing new to add information wise, they're still saying that there is no confirmation with respect to the pricing of the car and nothing more concrete on timescales than summer.

Following your post I also emailed Lotus CC yesterday and got a phone call this morning with the script. I took the opportunity to release my feelings on the matter of Lotus customer care and the whole sordid journey (politely of course) and feel a little better for that. CC did claim they had reorganised the cc process and team and things should improve (we might have heard this before) and we woudl get more info on the portal. He did mention the portal might not have the details depending on which link was used and there should be a pre Nov link.

I just logged in and I have a VIN number. Does that mean my car is built and in a carpark somewhere waiting for type approval or something?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back