• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Rear cabin storage weight limit

Didn’t we see a review few months ago from a girl who entered to the trunk? And somewhere says 50kg max height

I will try to search it

#622 was the reply where I posted the video review and #629 was some comments about this 50kg max

Now is 20kg ??

Attachments

• 1E96B209-AF34-49E5-A56B-0623FCF1E18A.png
    1E96B209-AF34-49E5-A56B-0623FCF1E18A.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 66
Ok im reading now all the entirely post from the beginning 😅

I missunderstood cabin with boot

Carwow guy sat in the boot , I think this is a real non issue but it takes our minds off the long wait (mine now due in april!!!)

I hadn't realised that and it's quite restrictive if you wanted to have two flight cases back there. I've just found it in the handbook:

View attachment 10694
I think they have installed all the additional electronic systems and controllers under this area. More so than Evora but needed for new display systems, they don’t want this area being crushed . Just my thoughts, might be wrong.

why are people talking about the boot.... thats 50 kilos limit and nothing to do with the 20 kilos behind the seats

why are people talking about the storage net.... thats an option and may not be there on base cars....

The 20 kilos is exactly what it says it is, "the maximum luggage weight must not exceed 20 kilos" behind the seats!
Its crappy, but its simple to understand..... not sure why its been complicated so much...I thought only I did that ;)
As above, they are covering themselves and no doubt the floor in this area behind the seats will not cave in (at least not entirely) if you place a suit case there of 25/30 kilos...which you cant as it wont fit.

They are just telling you they've used scaffolding and stretched @Leonard underpants from one side to the other as the flooring material.... simple. So be careful, as he may come looking for them...

Lets move on to the real issues....why is there no 360 camera... haha

1668190385096.png

I think they have installed all the additional electronic systems and controllers under this area. More so than Evora but needed for new display systems, they don’t want this area being crushed . Just my thoughts, might be wrong.
dont worry about being wrong, just shoot from the hip like me.... something you say is bound to be right eventually :).

yes thats an interesting thought though!.. it could be whats underneath there.... more likely electrics than treasure...

but someone did say the floor was almost felxibend... which then if they were worried about whats under there, you would think they would make it pretty rigid.
I vote a new user takes up the carpet and has a look... Im sure it will go back down a treat just like in the Elise at the sills... haha... put us out of our misery :).

Genuinely curious what you guys are transporting behind your seat that is 45 lbs behind your seat? This seems like a non-issue! Idk how much people on the forum lift weights, but it is a hobby of mine and I cant picture myself carrying a 20kg olympic plate and putting it behind my seat in a sports car. When I travelled to Europe for 2 weeks, my bag wasnt even 25lbs. Maybe I am just a light packer?

Seriously though, what are you guys transporting, cuz it seems like a real issue for a bunch of people!

In the Evora the fuel tank is located below the seat. It’s close to the centre of the car, so reduces the impact of the change in weight between full and empty. I’d expect it’s the same for the Emira.

Infotainment modules are usually hidden behind the dash. Not sure if that’s the case for Emira.

Genuinely curious what you guys are transporting behind your seat that is 45 lbs behind your seat? This seems like a non-issue! Idk how much people on the forum lift weights, but it is a hobby of mine and I cant picture myself carrying a 20kg olympic plate and putting it behind my seat in a sports car. When I travelled to Europe for 2 weeks, my bag wasnt even 25lbs. Maybe I am just a light packer?

Seriously though, what are you guys transporting, cuz it seems like a real issue for a bunch of people!
In my Evora (OK it’s a +2 so in theory they’re seats) I’ve had 8 cases of wine, a road bike, lumber from the DIY store, a full size suitcase and a large TV screen …. but not all at the same time :)

for me, its immigrants.. dont know about for the rest...

In my Evora (OK it’s a +2 so in theory they’re seats) I’ve had 8 cases of wine, a road bike, lumber from the DIY store, a full size suitcase and a large TV screen …. but not all at the same time :)
Most of that checks out... but road bike and lumber?! With most of my family being from farms, I guess I forget that having at least one pickup truck per family is a rural-American thing!

omg their lawyers are just covering their ass, put whatever fits there and don't worry about it

I think dynamic forces make the difference. If you drive slowly, it should not be a problem to load a little more than 20 kg. The maximum load of 20 kg must be calculated for fast/dynamic driving.

The Emira will literally fold in half under such stresses

...but in all seriousness, after my test drive, I don't see myself putting anything there, and I'm sure it has to do with safety, and of course the physics of flying objects greater than 20kg (whatever that is...)

I checked the space after my test drive yesterday and there's enough room for two carry on cabin bags, even if it's limited to 20kg. Added to the 50kg boot space where we'll probably have a pair of tailored leather bags, there's enough storage space for a two week trip. What more do you need? Otherwise get an ugly and oversize SUV😁

OK I can tell some of you guys are serious rule-followers, so I 'm sure you will store a precise bathroom scale in the car, and carefully weigh each item before you place it in the restricted areas behind the seats and in the trunk/boot. And don't forget to include the weight of the scale itself in your calculations, that could tip the total weight into the danger zone.