Recalls and software update, parts delay.

Man.v.Cars

Reaction score
Just sat in JCT600 Lotus Bradford while my car has some of the recalls and software updates carried out. I've been informed that the wiper motor and seat belts are on back order for a few more weeks, I booked the car in 5 weeks ago.

One of the software updates was to take 4 hours! I've chosen to leave that one until the other parts are available.

Not working when I brought it in:
Centre screen, USB media, SOS, hill start, drivers rubber pad next to the accelerator coming off, engine light on & off at will, air con sounds like its on its way out.

All the recalls/checks to date that they have told me about:
HVAC cover required, oil pipe to gearbox check, wiper motor, airbag fasteners, seat belts, software updates, brake line check.

£85+k car. Cheap Chinese tat?

Just sat in JCT600 Lotus Bradford while my car has some of the recalls and software updates carried out. I've been informed that the wiper motor and seat belts are on back order for a few more weeks, I booked the car in 5 weeks ago.

One of the software updates was to take 4 hours! I've chosen to leave that one until the other parts are available.

Centre screen, USB media, SOS, hill start, drivers rubber pad next to the accelerator coming off, engine light on & off at will, air con sounds like its on its way out.

HVAC cover required, oil pipe to gearbox check, wiper motor, airbag fasteners, seat belts, software updates, brake line check.

Ah that's a lot to take on ( I'd almost consider myself a regular at JCT600) ; hang in there, they'll sort it in the end, you've got an early build and none of the issues are unknown.. They are somewhat hamstrung by Lotus though..

Ah that's a lot to take on ( I'd almost consider myself a regular at JCT600) ; hang in there, they'll sort it in the end, you've got an early build and none of the issues are unknown.. They are somewhat hamstrung by Lotus though..
Car to be booked in again once the parts are in stock, screen not working after the smaller updates and all brake pads need replacing, foc of course, as showing signs of sticking which they do after it has rained.

4 hour update to be applied at next visit, if that doesn't work then a new screen will be fitted.HVAC also to be done.

🤷🏻‍♂️

So in at the dealers for a week now and they have no idea when they'll get it back to me 🤬

They got the main screen working temporarily but it went off again, Lotus want them to do electrical tests before replacing it. The rear drivers taillight needs replacing as it has failed, no bulbs just a whole unit! All the brake pads have been replaced due to the sticking/crumbling issue.

I now see why there are so many used ones for sale in the UK, the price is going to start plummeting as those of us realise the mistake we've made begin off loading the cars. 🤬

I now see why there are so many used ones for sale in the UK, the price is going to start plummeting as those of us realise the mistake we've made begin off loading the cars.
While I agree it’s a shit situation Lotus put us in I gotta say hold on and power through the issues. I had an early car and tons of (then unknown) issues I had to deal with. Resolving one by one now having a fault free car which is a absolute beast and joy to drive

Get them to check the wiring harness terminal. Mine was corroded causing AC and overheating issues. Recall has been issued to solve that and the HVAC failure due to water ingress

I would bet it's not very different than the Evora. They should have gotten it fixed in a wet climate after two years of production.
It’s entirely new software. The Evora barely had a radio. The Emira is trying something new with trying to come into the 21st century and is not doing too well 😂

It’s entirely new software. The Evora barely had a radio. The Emira is trying something new with trying to come into the 21st century and is not doing too well 😂
Yes, but wiring should be waterproofed. It's like all the jokes about British cars (notably Jaguar and Land Rover) over the last forty years just weren't told around Hethel.

Yes, but wiring should be waterproofed. It's like all the jokes about British cars (notably Jaguar and Land Rover) over the last forty years just weren't told around Hethel.
Waterproof wiring harnesses, why bother.........it barely ever rains in the UK right?.....;)

Rear taillight ordered, should be here sometime this week. Screen problem indicates a wiring fault they say, Lotus want them to take the dash out to see where and what the problem is. Could be a small wire repair or a harness replacement.

700 miles, not run in yet. It's costing me £140/$180 pm in insurance and road tax and not been able to use for almost 2 months, plus I'll soon be expected to pay £450/$600 for the first service ie oil & filter change.

So, 3 months on from my last post here and the car has been at the dealers for another week.

Reversing camera dead and a new one on its way, recall checks on oil pipes all ok, 1st service done and they've been investigating the start up issue. Car turns on but has erratic idling for a few minutes for settling down and driving normally. Thankfully they could reproduce the problem and previous instances had been recorded, data sent to Lotus for engineers to assess. A laundry list of checks for them to carry out, the replacement of a VVT solenoid (no eta of the part) and stuck on a ramp until next week. They have no idea how long they will have the car. 🤬

Both doors on back order for paint blistering and looking like February/March for replacement.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back