• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Share your information about Emira i4 delivery

I ordered Magma Red. After I placed the order, Vivid Red became available, but I didn't change the color. I like Magma Red. Because it changes color under different lights.

A very good choice of an attractive color❣️ What about the interior color? Have you heard about when you can receive your car?

In my case the car is in Japan, approved by authorities, but waiting for PDI checking. Sales staff say delivery will happen in September 👀

トキオンさん、ありがとうございます。
私がオーダーした内装の色は、アルカンターラのレッドステッチです。納車日については、まだ、連絡がありません。たぶん、あなたの車の納車より、後になるでしょう。
Thank you Tokion.
The interior color I ordered is Alcantara with red stitching. I haven't heard anything yet about the delivery date. It will probably be later than the delivery of your car.

Before I add my thoughts to @Tokion 's writeup, some background:
  • I daily a V6 manual Emira with Sports suspension and Cup2s in the city
  • have not had a chance to drive a V6 auto Emira yet, so cannot compare
  • not an audiophile

Summary: It's a nice car - different from a V6, but in no ways inferior nor superior.

I am a satisfied owner of a V6, and have nothing to add on the exterior, interior, audio, and handling of the car. The auto makes it easier to tolerate traffic, which is a positive aspect, especially in the city. There was no "D" position (shows how much I know about these things) but it shifts faster than I can. I don't need, nor do I expect anything more. This is a nice car to drive.

You can hear the turbo with the windows up or down. Noise inside the cabin was not too loud, but you can hear the turbo up to about 3,000 rpm and then it gets lost in the exhaust note. YMMV depending on the pavement and tires, as we all know this car picks up quite a bit of road noise.

The exhaust sounds like what it is, an inline 4 cylinder engine. It was a little louder than I what had expected, with a rumble. It's a nice deep rumble, not obnoxious but definately present. The V6 growls, the i4 rumbles. For folks who want to tune the sound, there are aftermarket titanium cat-backs on the market. I wonder what a steel muffler would sound like? Or aluminum? We only drove the car in the city and on the expressway - have yet to hear it at higher rpms on the twisties.

I have grown accustomed to the "click once to initiate selection, then click again to select" operation on the drive mode selector, so had no problem getting used to the gear selector that everyone is complaining about. It's an auto, so I wasn't really thinking of anything other than "forward" and "reverse", and the paddles are adequate for shifting up/down.

Oh, and the demo car had mesh on the side intakes. Perhaps the newer V6 cars do too?
View attachment 48651
I noticed my car has the mesh on the left hand side but not on the right. Was the i4 covered on both sides?

I noticed my car has the mesh on the left hand side but not on the right. Was the i4 covered on both sides?
I think I would have noticed if the mesh was only on one side, but only have pictures of the left side, so not sure now...
...wait, you got the i4 ?

I think I would have noticed if the mesh was only on one side, but only have pictures of the left side, so not sure now...
...wait, you got the i4 ?

Last time I checked there was a Toyota engine so pretty sure it is a V6😅

Guess I got the car where they ran out of non mesh left side scoops when manufacturing…

Guess I got the car where they ran out of non mesh left side scoops when manufacturing…
Or, got a sneak preview of new parts ! I would contact the dealer about replacing the right side with the covered scoop.

Thank you, definitely will do. Need to book my initial 1000 mile maint as soon as the non holidays ends!

Thank you, definitely will do. Need to book my initial 1000 mile maint as soon as the non holidays ends!
The demo car used in the Car Graphic video has mesh on the right side.

1723983362581.png

My 2.0 seems to be ready to be delivered to the dealer soon. This means I expect my car should be delivered to me in Sep.
But quite honestly speaking, I'm fed up with frequent delay and not sure I can keep my motivation having this car as my own for long term....

My 2.0 seems to be ready to be delivered to the dealer soon. This means I expect my car should be delivered to me in Sep.
But quite honestly speaking, I'm fed up with frequent delay and not sure I can keep my motivation having this car as my own for long term....
In the same boat (⁉️) as you. Was told about “delivery within end of September” but cannot get any clear answer about the actual delivery date.

History of my 2.0 order (including reservation) at Lotus Tokyo Harajuku:

2021/9/2 Reservation amount paid
2022/4/22 10% of full order amount paid; specification
2024/9/? Promise of undetermined date of delivery (full amount paid)

In the same boat (⁉️) as you. Was told about “delivery within end of September” but cannot get any clear answer about the actual delivery date.

History of my 2.0 order (including reservation) at Lotus Tokyo Harajuku:

2021/9/2 Reservation amount paid
2022/4/22 10% of full order amount paid; specification
2024/9/? Promise of undetermined date of delivery (full amount paid)
I got the latest info yesterday and had a brief meeting with the dealer. The final inspection by the service maintenance professionals and other accessories set up should be done within 2weeks. I confirmed that I can take the car in the last week of Sep. Eventually everything has been clarified!

Last edited:
Back