Sorry can’t continue purchase

I work at a lotus dealership and here is what I have:
1. This is a new factory, you will have bugs, you will not get parts back in time
2. This car will weight more than the Cayman GTS and GT4
3. First Edition buyers are obviously test pilots, they removed the adaptive cruise and lumped everything together to get manufacturing processes down
4. This car IS an Evora with a better exterior imo. The new car is the I4, different engine, DCT.
5. The reason why this car is so much slower than the Evora GT comes down to weight of all the new tech.
6. The sound of the car on the videos will not be the sound of the production models.
7. There's no word whatsoever for parts availability except for existing evora internals

Notice how you're getting closer to making a firm deposit but no information on the Amg I4 0-100 is given right? No concrete info on the weight of the V6 fully loaded is given right? You're all being sold "it'll drive like a lotus". What does the I4 sound like? Ask what other manufacturer hides this much information after launch and after deposits have been taken.

I've seen this smoke and mirrors things too much. Toyota supra with all its hype, so many people made deposits. Then reviewers went to town. Next year they give it a 40+hp bump with new internals leaving first adopters with a nasty bag of depreciation. Nobody wants a supra launch edition.

Good luck to you all, heading back in to send a laundry list of refund emails to the finance department.
This person claims to work at the Lotus dealership in Vancouver but does not. Likely a competing dealer using this form for the wrong reasons. I am the General Manager at Lotus and Lamborghini Vancouver and have been with the brand in Vancouver since 2005. I can be reached at 604-738-3931 or [email protected] for clarification.

Last edited:
This person claims to work at the Lotus dealership in Vancouver but does not. Likely a competing dealer using this form for the wrong reasons. I am the General Manager at Lotus and Lamborghini Vancouver and have been with the brand in Vancouver since 2005. I can be reached at 604-738-3931 or [email protected] for clarification.
Thank you for confirming, I had my strong suspicions. I am not sure any dealership of renown would hire anyone with such a limited grasp of language. Clearly someone with limited intelligence, a highly questionable (and transparent) agenda or both.

This person claims to work at the Lotus dealership in Vancouver but does not. Likely a competing dealer using this form for the wrong reasons. I am the General Manager at Lotus and Lamborghini Vancouver and have been with the brand in Vancouver since 2005.
Thank you so much for this info. He has posted telling people not buy this car. What kind of salesman does that? He also said that 85% of the orders for the Emira have been cancelled at his dealership due to the high price. Comments on that?

So are we getting the base V6 price anytime soon ?

I am loosing patience with this LOTUS brand....... I am waiting to see the car in person to decision if I stay or I go with my deposit.

Thank you so much for this info. He has posted telling people not buy this car. What kind of salesman does that? He also said that 85% of the orders for the Emira have been cancelled at his dealership due to the high price. Comments on that?
That information is 100% incorrect. Demand remains strong and we had nothing but positive feedback since the pricing was launched.

Welcome to the forum @kai@lotusvancouver - Thank you for clearing that up. (y)

Great post Pav and your feelings about the Esprit, and how the Emira is the modern day successor are spot on (The Esprit cabin styling clearly influenced the Emira - ask me and I'll say where, although you will probably have spotted it already!)

Two of my brother's mates had Esprits - one was a white turbo (red stripes and badging of course), the other a JPS World Champions Ltd edition - both dream cars to 19-year old me! I ended up with an Eclat (hence my handle here) as I couldn't stretch to an Esprit which was great car - with all the usual caveats.

The bronze Bond turbo with the ski-rack and the essex turbo are other favourites - both true esprit icons.

It sounds like with the Emira we'll both be fulfilling our mid-engined Lotus dream, as will many others.
Gents, I appreciated reading those recent comments about the Esprit and Lotus lust. James Bond was the catalyst for me (I think there were 3 separate movie appearances). Later in life I had the chance and good fortune to acquire a 2001 Esprit, which I regrettably didn't own long enough. It's spirit stayed with me and re-emerged in the guise of the Emira. Let's just say there's an indelible es'prit de corps. For me it isn't just a brand, but a fellowship. Cheers!

Attachments

• 2001 Lotus.JPG
    2001 Lotus.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 68
Been reading the numerous stories of folks who wanted/came close to owning Lotus in the past. Gotta admit I cant say that, no stories of almost Elise or Exige purchases. No knock on those, simply been scratching other cars of my bucket list.
And then Emira arrived and went straight to the top of said list!!
The ONLY thing tt would stop me would be the price here in Singapore. I’ve yet to get confirmation but most of you would fall off your chair when it is finally revealed.

Can the forum hosts perhaps remove said individual so we don’t have to read anymore nonsense??

You do remember the 991 GT3 engine problems, right ? ;)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions , but I would advise people wait until their deposits are no longer refundable before jumping ship. Hopefully by then there will be more info, better colour examples etc etc. Once the reviews come out and expect them to be positive, the queue for the car will only get longer.

Personally I would be happy with a base £60k car, but haven’t the patience to wait the potential couple of years for one. Thus V6 FE it is.
Exactly the same as me - 60k base and prefer the i4 - but I'm too impatient! I figure if I go for a V6 FE and keep it for 6 - 12 months I may get close to what I paid for it then go for own-spec i4. But that may all change - several times!:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DJW
I love this car. After a long wait to get to the financial position of being able to afford one. But there’s one negative that continues to bother me: 51% ownership by a Chinese company. I’m still buying one. If I ever make it to the allocation stage.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back