Stock Rotor Replacement for Lotus Emira

Airen told me Lotus owners are more tech inclined and like to read more than other communties. This tends me to answer or explain more than usual and I hope you enjoy reading them.

Take 2 pc rotor as an example, regardless of how they are "bolt together" and their pro/con, do you know RB center-mount design can assemble to different disc thickness while keeping the offset unchanged (vs. conventional surface mount the offset changes along with the disc thickness).

Let's say for Emira front rotors you can have the following discs that assembled to the same rotor hat.
  1. Standard duty: 30mm for street driving. (8 kg/17.6 bs)
  2. Medium duty: 32mm for spirited driving. (9/19.8) - Default same as OE
  3. Heavy duty: 34mm for track racing. (10/22)
This is a more supplicated option that most drivers don't even care although some may well be looking for a more efficient setup to tailor to their individual needs, each disc wt exactly 1 kg (2.2 lbs) difference which I am sure you know the advantage of 'un-sprung" wt saving, and how a rotor mass related to the thermal capacity.

Currently we only list 32mm but if you are interested in fine tuning your brake with duty option let me know so we can add them.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back